Shadow's Mantle Drop Rate

Demon Hunter
This set appears to have the lowest drop rate of all the sets...

I have a full set, but am working on ancient..
The crappy this is, for every 5-10 drops for other set items, I'll get 1 shadow, and of course that one won't be ancient.

I'll give it to you that my RNG may suck, but not this bad.
The only way I seem to be getting shadow pieces is drops.
Kadala won't give me one at all, even before I had the full set.

TL:DR - Drop rate of Shadow is crap.
Drop rate of the main sets is equal iirc
RNG is RNG, if Haedrig’s Gift is not taken into account. My first Set in S10 is Nata, 2nd is SM. Surprisingly never see a HPS although I focus on gambling quivers, and still waiting my first Karlei's Point while I'm using an Ancient Danetta set :)
Im at P920 or so now and I vastly more marauder than anything else. Next up UE and shadow last by a long way. Not sure about nats as I just salvage them without looking at at them so I lost track.

I had nearly full ancients of marauder and UE by the time I got 6 shadow peices and I only got the set through re-rolling. To get a full set of ancients I gave up with drops and resorted to reforging by which time the equivalent of a couple of full sets of ancients had dropped for marauder and UE.

Kalei's point seems to be an unusually rare drop (daggers in general) as does holy point shot. I have not had an ancient holy point shot drop yet (I reforged mine) and yet I have had at least 12 ancient rucksacks.
I was able to finish UE and Nats before I was able to unlock Shadow. I too had to reroll duplicates to do so.

But now that I can farm t13 rifts, there are so many drops for all 4 sets. I've also gotten several Karlei's Points tonight just from drops.
Yeah same here. Shadow set has dropped waaaay less for me than the other sets.
Never paid attention to it until now ofc. I always save the ancient versions and only had 2 while full ancient in marauder and ue.
Weird
Glad to know I'm not going crazy... Well, at least not in relation to this.
I've been gearing a DH the past couple of days. Shadow was the second full set I have gotten (Marauder was first). Oddly enough I have had more Shadow Mantles than anything else. I upgraded a rare to Karlei's on the sixth try and have had several to drop since then. After several hours of farming, I gave in and upgraded for a Dawn on fifth try. Put it in the cube and very next run got an Ancient Dawn with great rolls. RNG is a strange creature for sure.
Just to show you how evil RNG can be...after the log in issues, I had a Shadow Mantle drop on 3 of the first 5 Neph runs I made at TormX. No Ancient or Primal, but one was a better roll for me. I still can't get a freaking Compass Rose to drop of all things. Sharded tons of them on my seasonal WD.
04/10/2017 03:17 PMPosted by Khayoss
Just to show you how evil RNG can be...after the log in issues, I had a Shadow Mantle drop on 3 of the first 5 Neph runs I made at TormX. No Ancient or Primal, but one was a better roll for me. I still can't get a freaking Compass Rose to drop of all things. Sharded tons of them on my seasonal WD.

Cant you just reroll the compass rose from your wd on your dh?
Maybe it's just because it's the one we really want, but I've noticed it seems to drop less than the others.

I've only replaced one piece since I got 6 set on the first weekend, and those are the boots. I have not even had a decent normal to replace the crappy ancient head piece.
04/10/2017 04:21 PMPosted by Jolts
04/10/2017 03:17 PMPosted by Khayoss

Cant you just reroll the compass rose from your wd on your dh?

I can, but would have more than one stat that needs re-rolling.
Got full ancients for M6, 4 ancients for UE but only 1 ancient for Shadow. Definitely lower drop rates for S6.
The droprates are the same for all sets. Because of that, there is a 50% chance that you've found more pieces of two other sets after a few hours of playing, until the law of large numbers starts working.

And there is a 25% chance that you find pieces for the shadow set most rare.

So, 1 out of 4 players will have some "troubles" finding the set, and those players unite now in this thread. Nothing suspicious here, just normal randomness.
Idk I have 3 complete sets of Shadow and I have yet to touch them. I definitely agree that i get Marauders more than anything and UE for me is last. Though, i have found most ancients in UE. I'm like 500 paragon or something like that on season HC
It always feels like rng screws you when you specificially want certain pieces. Anyway Ive seen...

2 ancient shadow
3 marauder
3 UE
5 nats gg

Only using 3 total ancients right now sosad. Not sure what to do once I finish augmenting all three.
I had a piece of shadow drop today. It was gloves, and they were worse than what I had on already.
This is maybe the second piece I've had drop (other one being worse as well) since I managed to find the full set, while I was below 100 Paragon.

I'm Salvaging Nat's and UE like crazy, and Marauder is somewhere in the middle.

I realize RNG is RNG, but to go over 300 paragon with only 2 drops is kinda crazy.
The drop rate of Shadows is definitely lower than the other set parts. I am already full on ancient Maradeur and 4 pieces from UE, lot of natalyas, which Im salvaging. But not one ancient from Shadows, there are like super rare to me.
8 days and no shadow drops... I'm continually rolling shoulders from (whatever her name is) and haven't seen a single shadow shoulder.