PS4 Couch Co Op

Console Discussion
Hey there,

So I bought Diablo 3 for the PS4 yesterday and have been playing couch co op with my bf. I set him up with an account and he made a character, easy peasy. I am wondering; is it possible for us to play couch co op and invite other players online to join us? I have PS+ but his account does not, since it's just there so we can both play. Do both players need PS+ to play online and bring others in?
Nop mate you need 2 to have two copies of the game and two separate ps4s to play online :/ and of course both ps4s need to have a different account with ps plus :/
04/08/2017 05:25 PMPosted by DrFrosty
Nop mate you need 2 to have two copies of the game and two separate ps4s to play online :/ and of course both ps4s need to have a different account with ps plus :/

I may be wrong but i think thats not actually true.
My friend back home had ps+ and he would load his game, his son would join (locally im sure as hes only 8) and then he would send me the invite and the 3 of us would play. I could be wrong and perhaps the kid had his own ps4 and tv but either way i know for a fact his son did not have ps+ and was just playing like my wife does via her regular ps acct
Ignore DrFrosty

Abyss is correct. Only the main account on the PS4 needs to have ps+. Then anybody else that has an account on there, can play online with others, even if the main account is not being used. Which also, you need to make sure that you have the ps4 set as the primary ps4.
04/08/2017 05:07 PMPosted by Blowshorn
Hey there,

So I bought Diablo 3 for the PS4 yesterday and have been playing couch co op with my bf. I set him up with an account and he made a character, easy peasy. I am wondering; is it possible for us to play couch co op and invite other players online to join us? I have PS+ but his account does not, since it's just there so we can both play. Do both players need PS+ to play online and bring others in?

You can! as long as one account has ps+ it will work
To add extra correction, this will only work if the account that has PS Plus has activated that PS4 on their account as their primary system. This shares access to games, DLC, and PS Plus privileges to other users on the same system.

That way, your boyfriend can join you in couch co-op games online with other people.
My wife and I play all the time. I have PSN+ and she does not. She can even play when I'm asleep if she wants. She just logs me in. Then after I'm logged in she starts the game and can play online.
she doesn't need to log you in.. as long as your account is primary on ps4, she can leave your account alone.
04/12/2017 07:24 AMPosted by EddieLMT
she doesn't need to log you in.. as long as your account is primary on ps4, she can leave your account alone.

Thats good to know, I think she started doing it that way when it wasn't.