My First ever useful piece of blackthornes!

General Discussion
Had a bt amulet drop this morning, id'd legendaries in town, automatically went to salvage it then had half a look.... Oh damn!
Ever had a bt item you've used?
The amulet is on this guy

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Kintana-1965/hero/86942587
Yup...had virtually the same amulet. Only replaced it when I got a nearly equivalent Hellfire, with that extra passive.
omg .....
no coments
^ sp .... comments
I managed to actually get a useful Traveller's Pledge for a change. Now if only I could get a lightning or cold version so I could use it with my shadow set for pushing to GR70, which my UE build is having problems doing (UE needs extremely optimized gear or massive DPS to brute force it).

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TheTias-1192/hero/53167153
04/11/2017 07:04 PMPosted by TheTias
I managed to actually get a useful Traveller's Pledge for a change. Now if only I could get a lightning or cold version so I could use it with my shadow set for pushing to GR70, which my UE build is having problems doing (UE needs extremely optimized gear or massive DPS to brute force it).

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TheTias-1192/hero/53167153

No socket, salvage.
^^ Very nice! But, too bad there's no socket. I am more envious of the Ancient Restraint. As you know, the Focus has a higher chance of dropping for that set, so I have now 5 Focuses, and only one Restraint. To get an Ancient one, this early in the Season, is a real stroke of luck! Congrats!
Nah he can just roll off CHC for socket and it will be still useful until he gets a better amulet.
Dropping the CHC nukes a significant portion of my DPS. I've gotten a ton of regular TPs to replace it, but I lose 25% of my total DPS just for the socket, which is too much. If I could get rid of the %fire dmg bonus for the socket I would, but this particular one I found very early in the season and have yet to find anything else that'll match up to it. And believe me, I've been trying.

Hell, I haven't even been able to get a usable HFA either. They're all rolling with absolutely junk affixes such that even if they roll the passive I want/need (which is to say any of the five I'd be using in my build), they're such a downgrade as to not be worth it.

It would be nice if sockets didn't count toward the affixes and came by default, or at the very least there was a way to add a socket to jewelery so you could keep a really good one that is simply lacking a socket. Sockets are effectively mandatory, so it's getting to the point that they shouldn't be counted against your total affixes. Rings come with sockets, and amulets need to as well (I know a few don't, but most do, and they all need to).

It isn't like we don't have greater rift levels we haven't yet reached and plenty after that, so they can't claim "because power creep". Not when we're nowhere near the GR255 cap even on four player leaderboards.
I feel your pain. All HFAs salvaged. And I'm using a Maras ammy right now, no socket (another account), with the same problem you have with the Traveler's.

I wouldn't mind having a Ramaladni's equivalent for jewelry, so we could add that socket and keep the 4 primary properties. Something like that might be on the horizon considering all the other RNG mitigation mechanisms the devs have added to the game.

As far as I'm concerned, the more flexibility and usability the better, all the powercreeps be damned!
04/11/2017 08:30 PMPosted by TheTias
Dropping the CHC nukes a significant portion of my DPS. I've gotten a ton of regular TPs to replace it, but I lose 25% of my total DPS just for the socket, which is too much. If I could get rid of the %fire dmg bonus for the socket I would, but this particular one I found very early in the season and have yet to find anything else that'll match up to it. And believe me, I've been trying.

Hell, I haven't even been able to get a usable HFA either. They're all rolling with absolutely junk affixes such that even if they roll the passive I want/need (which is to say any of the five I'd be using in my build), they're such a downgrade as to not be worth it.

It would be nice if sockets didn't count toward the affixes and came by default, or at the very least there was a way to add a socket to jewelery so you could keep a really good one that is simply lacking a socket. Sockets are effectively mandatory, so it's getting to the point that they shouldn't be counted against your total affixes. Rings come with sockets, and amulets need to as well (I know a few don't, but most do, and they all need to).

It isn't like we don't have greater rift levels we haven't yet reached and plenty after that, so they can't claim "because power creep". Not when we're nowhere near the GR255 cap even on four player leaderboards.

zei's stone of vengeance will more than make up for the dps loss. just saying. for multishot dh anyway. Typically, with somewhat optimized gear, 10% chc doesn't equate to 25% of my total damage either, it is usually somewhere between 10 and 15% which is why i prefer elemental damage on an amulet. it's a nice amulet for a multishot dh but you'd be much better off with zei's over chc. or even zei's over the bane of the powerful.