Primal Ancient drops - Almost non-existent??

General Discussion
This S10, I cleared GR70 solo by PL500, been doing bounties, gifts, GRs, and gotten hundreds of legendaries - now at PL653, and just gotten 1 Primal Orb after farming speed GR70s. I understand that "primal drops unlocks upon solo GR70 clear".

But can it be more specific? Appreciate if players in the know advise on:-

1) Is there some icon or visuals that tells you Primal drops is unlocked once GR70 solo cleared?

2) Does it drop ONLY on GR and 70 & above?

3) Will we see it drop in Bounties and Rifts?

4) Does Kadala give out Primals too?

5) Will we have a chance at Primal from Kanai Cube rare upgrades & Reforge?

6) any other possibilities I forgot to mention.

Thanks and Good Luck and Fun, people!
no notice it is unlocked , and you "can" get it from any content after its unlocked
A quick google search will answer all of your questions.

1) No
2) No
3) Yes
4) Yes
5) Yes
6) They can come from any legendary after completing a GR70 solo. It's a 1% chance of it being primal, and a 99% chance it'll be a garbage item not for your build.
1) Is there some icon or visuals that tells you Primal drops is unlocked once GR70 solo cleared?
No

2) Does it drop ONLY on GR and 70 & above?
No

3) Will we see it drop in Bounties and Rifts?
Yes

4) Does Kadala give out Primals too?
Don't know (I guess so)

5) Will we have a chance at Primal from Kanai Cube rare upgrades & Reforge?
Don't know (I guess so)
@Anointedone "and a 99% chance it'll be a garbage item not for your build."

Sadly, so very true. This comment made me burst out laughing. Everyone is chasing primal ancients that are mostly worthless, and definitely frustrating for the most part. I have had five primals drop since patch deployed, 2 NS and 3 season. Only one of them is useful.
04/14/2017 08:47 AMPosted by Jhahn
@Anointedone "and a 99% chance it'll be a garbage item not for your build."

Sadly, so very true. This comment made me burst out laughing. Everyone is chasing primal ancients that are mostly worthless, and definitely frustrating for the most part. I have had five primals drop since patch deployed, 2 NS and 3 season. Only one of them is useful.


Pretty much this.

Primals are essentially High Rune rarity when you compare it to D2 except the runes are actually useful.

Unless you're doing bounties and stockpile thousands of mats to play reforge/cube simulator, you're most likely not gonna get what you're looking for unfortunately.
04/14/2017 10:06 AMPosted by Replay


Unless you're doing bounties and stockpile thousands of mats to play reforge/cube simulator, you're most likely not gonna get what you're looking for unfortunately.


this.

case in point my very first primal was a templar relic . . . i use it on my main DH lol
next was, useless ring, gold find gloves, and lastnight got a shadow shoulder ill put to use i guess.

so honestly i would use the cube to get a primal u hope for.

*** BTW all my primal droped for me on Tx farming rifts , EXCEPT the gold find gloves, thanks kadala***
04/14/2017 08:47 AMPosted by Jhahn
@Anointedone "and a 99% chance it'll be a garbage item not for your build."

Sadly, so very true. This comment made me burst out laughing. Everyone is chasing primal ancients that are mostly worthless, and definitely frustrating for the most part. I have had five primals drop since patch deployed, 2 NS and 3 season. Only one of them is useful.


Guy in my clan has a perfect primal amulet travelers. It happens
there is not much items that can drop for you .. each class has 4 sets main sets ..
i craft my primals via kanais cube ... easy, fast, simple and I get what I want everytime ;)
well I on the other hand during only one session received not one but two primal ancients. I play with a monk to be clear. Both primal ancients dropped in whimsydale. First one is Vigilance - not great for me as no build features it. The second one it really sad it's a Horadric Hamburger with INT. I almost cried when I got it T-T" they were not tears of joy.

04/14/2017 08:37 AMPosted by Anointedone

6) They can come from any legendary after completing a GR70 solo. It's a 1% chance of it being primal, and a 99% chance it'll be a garbage item not for your build.
- So true T-T
04/14/2017 08:47 AMPosted by Jhahn
@Anointedone "and a 99% chance it'll be a garbage item not for your build."

Sadly, so very true. This comment made me burst out laughing. Everyone is chasing primal ancients that are mostly worthless, and definitely frustrating for the most part. I have had five primals drop since patch deployed, 2 NS and 3 season. Only one of them is useful.

What the Primal Ancients need is a Kanai formula concept that allows for a second property re-roll. Chances of finding the right Primal and with the properties you want is really based more in the vaporware realm than in reality. But having a formula that allows you to modify a second property would seriously shift Primals from frustrating to potentially promising.
04/14/2017 08:37 AMPosted by Anointedone
A quick google search will answer all of your questions.

1) No
2) No
3) Yes
4) Yes
5) Yes
6) They can come from any legendary after completing a GR70 solo. It's a 1% chance of it being primal, and a 99% chance it'll be a garbage item not for your build.


The primal drop rate is not 1%. (This was for version 1 on the PTR). The drop rate is 1 primal in 500 legendaries based on posts using 25,000 drops.
04/14/2017 11:59 AMPosted by Callipygee
The primal drop rate is not 1%. (This was for version 1 on the PTR). The drop rate is 1 primal in 500 legendaries based on posts using 25,000 drops.


Yeap. Looks to be about ~0,1% - ~0,2%
Why does everyone but the OP know the answers to all of these questions? Do people think anymore?

And there actually is an indirect notice that it's unlocked (Season Only). It's a part of the journey to solo a GR70, so you will get that toast upon completion.
I have yet to find a Primal Ancient. I have cleared a 70 season and non season. About 25-40 hours of play once unlocked.
Thanks and appreciate fellow players for the updates and confirmation.

Well, yes I do use Google and search and read and stuff. But I also acknowledge this D3 Forum as a platform to reach out and communicate directly with players here as well to ascertain certain information.

So for those who find my post annoying, just move along. It's not as if I post stuff every single day.
he is "drunktard" .. so .. you get the picture :)

Also, dont forget .. primals are just ancients with a nicer frame .. nothing special about it .. you should aim to get ancient equip .. they might update them in a future.
04/15/2017 12:11 AMPosted by Chamelenia
Thanks and appreciate fellow players for the updates and confirmation.

Well, yes I do use Google and search and read and stuff. But I also acknowledge this D3 Forum as a platform to reach out and communicate directly with players here as well to ascertain certain information.

So for those who find my post annoying, just move along. It's not as if I post stuff every single day.


I wasn't trying to be insulting in my post, so I'm sorry if that's how it seemed. And I guess I was wrong about the 1%, it's even lower. But I am right about the 99%.
04/14/2017 11:59 AMPosted by Callipygee
04/14/2017 08:37 AMPosted by Anointedone
A quick google search will answer all of your questions.

1) No
2) No
3) Yes
4) Yes
5) Yes
6) They can come from any legendary after completing a GR70 solo. It's a 1% chance of it being primal, and a 99% chance it'll be a garbage item not for your build.


The primal drop rate is not 1%. (This was for version 1 on the PTR). The drop rate is 1 primal in 500 legendaries based on posts using 25,000 drops.


really? That's absolutely shocking if that's really the case and terrible game design from Blizzard imho. If they're that rare, I'd expect them to be godly...in EVERY single instance that they drop too...but they're not. Most primals are gonna be auto salvage just like other crap legendaries and that tells you a lot about this game and it's devs...

Join the Conversation

Return to Forum