PTR people stopped playing already.

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
And here I am wishing I had it so I could test for days with every rune and skill combo. But no, I wasnt "lucky" *cough* streamer *cough* to get in.
Stream for freedom ! lol
One streamer played maybe two hours and quit and another one didn't even bother trying the new class out...
Bet any money they gave Kripp a beta invite even though he trashes the game every chance he gets.
I'm still waiting for the PTR to be available as it always is for everyone.

The Necro Beta I have not received an invite yet, sadly.

Don't confuse the PTR with the Beta.

They are two different animals and calling one the other's name shows you don't know what you are talking about.
04/14/2017 01:44 AMPosted by Amrita
Don't confuse the PTR with the Beta.

The only difference between them is that the Beta is invite only. They are using the PTR server for the Beta. It even still has my PTR friends list and characters from the last PTR on it. I would not expect them to have a public test for this one unless they set up a separate server, or do it in the very last few days before release.
04/14/2017 12:40 AMPosted by rock
One streamer played maybe two hours and quit and another one didn't even bother trying the new class out...

I don't know which streamer that was. But if he was from the EU (or somewhere else outside of NA), it could have been that he wasn't able to play the Necro at that time. There was a bug with the "free beta token" needed to purchase the necro in the beta.

It is fixed now, but it took some time until the beta was fully functional everywhere. ;-)
04/14/2017 01:07 AMPosted by Alavit
Bet any money they gave Kripp a beta invite even though he trashes the game every chance he gets.

They did actually. Not sure if he is still playing but I did see him on the twitch page streaming the day it was released.
04/14/2017 01:49 AMPosted by Hebalon
04/14/2017 12:40 AMPosted by rock

I don't know which streamer that was. But if he was from the EU (or somewhere else outside of NA), it could have been that he wasn't able to play the Necro at that time. There was a bug with the "free beta token" needed to purchase the necro in the beta.

It is fixed now, but it took some time until the beta was fully functional everywhere. ;-)

Yep I know about that but the streamer in question said he was currently bored with D3 as he did not like the changes RoS brought to the game and he just went on playing PoE... Funnily the only streamer that did not get a beta invite is Alkaizer, I guess blizzard was scared he would trash the game :D
04/14/2017 01:55 AMPosted by Alone
04/14/2017 01:07 AMPosted by Alavit

They did actually. Not sure if he is still playing but I did see him on the twitch page streaming the day it was released.

I watched his stream. He wasn't really into the whole testing part, and it felt more like a review. Said it seems to be good for the Diablo crowd, but he wasn't interested in playing more than he did. It seemed like a wasted invite, but at least it caused D3 to pop up high on the Twitch viewer rankings for a day.
Friends, Family, Streamer's, MVP's all received the Necro Beta and a few random players that actually play alot got the invite.

I am just one of million players that will never receive a beta because I am nothing special, just play solo or with a few friends.
04/14/2017 01:47 AMPosted by MissCheetah
I would not expect them to have a public test for this one
I see no problem with them opening 2.6 ptr to public after a month and still keeping the Necro in beta (with private invites).
Yeah, god forbid a more solid and thorough feedback.
04/14/2017 03:13 AMPosted by Skelos
04/14/2017 01:47 AMPosted by MissCheetah
I would not expect them to have a public test for this one
I see no problem with them opening 2.6 ptr to public after a month and still keeping the Necro in beta (with private invites).

They see a problem though. According to Blizz it requires a separate build of the game and a second server set up. The PTR server is what they are using for the Beta hence another one. That costs money. So it is doubtful they will do it. Could they? Sure. Will they? Not likely unless they shut down Beta and do a last minute 2.6 only PTR the final week or two.
Only streamer I watched playing the necro was Quinn. And he played for a while, but it's only so long you can play when a class doesn't have any items yet.
I still played in the PTR.. Im really sad I never got the invite for the PTR since I'm one of those who play there for feedback and stuff. But ya'know it was random and you gotta accept it sometimes.
Seems like the general consensus is that people just played it for views and not to test it. Everyone running the same builds not testing out the skills.
They should have invited Zhanji's 4 man group to test the Necromancer (I think that's his name sorry if I got it wrong.)

Those guys do a thorough job of testing and provide detailed analysis on what works and how to maximize what you need to succeed with the class/build.
04/14/2017 10:46 AMPosted by LordGrendel
They should have invited Zhanji's 4 man group to test the Necromancer (I think that's his name sorry if I got it wrong.)

Those guys do a thorough job of testing and provide detailed analysis on what works and how to maximize what you need to succeed with the class/build.

Yeah, those guys do a really good job and their content is pretty top-notch as well.
04/13/2017 10:55 PMPosted by Nurama
And here I am wishing I had it so I could test for days with every rune and skill combo. But no, I wasnt "lucky" *cough* streamer *cough* to get in.

I hear you they gave all most all the streamers invites & hand full of players that don't stream