PTR people stopped playing already.

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
It really doesn't matter if they opened it up to the public or not, it's not like Blizzard actually takes feedback on PTR. They don't want feedback on the miscellaneous stuff anyway, they want it for the necro.

Am I disappointed? Sure.

Am I concerned that I'm not being allowed to voice my opinion? Sort of.

Even if I had beta access...I really doubt my opinion would make a difference, because I don't fawn over everything Blizzard does as if I just got engaged. Being critical of the game doesn't really get any single person anywhere, it has to be a collective endeavor; and frankly ....any critical comment ( even if given over a hundred upvotes ) is typically dismissed for Blizzard games, by both employees and players. This is clearly evident with each PTR cycle.

It's sort of like railing against any typical corporation, unless you find a way to really get under their pocketbook / skin ...you only have the illusion of criticism.
Giving preferred treatment to streamers for a beta where the goal is presumably to test the content and ensure it works properly is fairly short-sighted. Blizzard doesn't need free marketing, we all know the Necromancer is coming.

They need to make sure their new class and sets work so we're not slogging through finding bugs for them after the content releases. Just a touch of that bad "streamers get to have fun and mess around the new content, we get shafted being testers for content we paid for" feel.

But hey, I'm just someone who has participated in half a dozen different PTRs, played from the very start and still play frequently, and tests/develops games for a living. I have no idea what I'm talking about! :)
04/16/2017 12:31 PMPosted by CapnDingo
Giving preferred treatment to streamers for a beta where the goal is presumably to test the content and ensure it works properly is fairly short-sighted. Blizzard doesn't need free marketing, we all know the Necromancer is coming.

They need to make sure their new class and sets work so we're not slogging through finding bugs for them after the content releases. Just a touch of that bad "streamers get to have fun and mess around the new content, we get shafted being testers for content we paid for" feel.

But hey, I'm just someone who has participated in half a dozen different PTRs, played from the very start and still play frequently, and tests/develops games for a living. I have no idea what I'm talking about! :)

There's a term for that: Overqualified.

For some reason it makes you the least eligible person for some jobs.
04/16/2017 09:35 AMPosted by ChaosLeech
04/16/2017 08:47 AMPosted by Yeezus
I got one and played for about 6 or so hours. But between overwatch having an event as well and Necro having no real builds due to lack of items it got old quickly. When the first batch of items come out I'll get right back to trying them out
Did you actually provide any feedback or are you just previewing it for yourself?

There wasn't anything that I discovered when I played that wasn't already discussed in the PTR forums. No point in echoing something that someone else already said.
04/14/2017 01:07 AMPosted by Alavit
Bet any money they gave Kripp a beta invite even though he trashes the game every chance he gets.

Well, duh! Why would they invite a bunch of yes-men? If they could sway their harshest critics, that would be a good benchmark wouldn't it?
04/16/2017 01:21 PMPosted by nslay
04/14/2017 01:07 AMPosted by Alavit
Bet any money they gave Kripp a beta invite even though he trashes the game every chance he gets.

Well, duh! Why would they invite a bunch of yes-men? If they could sway their harshest critics, that would be a good benchmark wouldn't it?

The only way to sway critics...is to actually solve what's being criticized.

They're critics after all, they're not going to turn into "Yes men" just because one of their own turns 180 deg. They'd criticize them as well, lol.
04/16/2017 10:23 AMPosted by MissCheetah
Yes, they are implemented on the Beta.

ahh cool cool,

anyone tried them yet? I've been looking forward to them for a while now, actually had an idea similar- also have a couple ideas for them but depending on how they actually go down it could just end up being ~set dungeons.. which most people tend to find more tedious than 'fun'
what was the actual criteria for getting a beta invite? just curious becuase i have played since vanilla launch unto the present. I play more than most not as much as some and was hoping for an invitation. but as with most others with go to knowledge of the game i did not. and thought the posted (the post i caught anyway) criteria was a little vague.
maybe i haven't ignored the wife and life enough.?. but most likely its just RNGesus laughing "you are not worthy" while revealing that it don't matter which of the 3 cups u chose left, right, middle you will never find the ball-for there is no ball. kicked in the nuts by imaginary and ever changing chance numbers
pretty much sums up my season so far, prolly why im a bit salty bout it. just hope its better than the crusader just couldnt get into that class for some reason
I have never streamed Diablo 3, nor am I a youtuber. I still got into the beta so I have already proved your opening statement false. There is a reason why streamers are picked over the general populace as they help promote the game and the new class. I have played every day since the beta was opened up and there is plenty of people still playing and still testing. Just because streamers decided to stop playing the beta doesn't mean testing isn't being done. I'm sick of all of these players that think they are entitled to a beta key just because they play the game. You didn't get in, big deal, plenty of people who did get in are doing the same thing you would be doing if you were playing. Also if you had the beta and could check the leaderboards or builds being used by people you would see plenty of people are either using varied builds or using builds that work, or are testing for bugs. Don't just assume that everything you say is correct when you can't even log on and see what is happening every day.
04/16/2017 02:11 PMPosted by Darth
anyone tried them yet? I've been looking forward to them for a while now, actually had an idea similar- also have a couple ideas for them but depending on how they actually go down it could just end up being ~set dungeons.. which most people tend to find more tedious than 'fun'

Yes, I tried them. My first impression was not exactly overwhelming.

At its current state, it is a new game mode (campaign, adventure, challenge), where you enter a small room. Items, skills and paragon points are fixed. You can "train" a bit in the two corners of the room, where some dummy monsters spawn, so you can check your multi and single target skills on them.

http://dh-deluxe.de/files/images/ptr2.6/ChallengeRifts-Intro.jpg

The current challenge is an incomplete UE-generator build in a GR34 from a player with paragon 199, legendary gems below 25 and some useless cube items (probably it was a run early in the season).

http://dh-deluxe.de/files/images/ptr2.6/ChallengeRift-Build.jpg

You have to beat the original time of 6-7 minutes, which is quite easy in this case. If you beat the original time, you can go back to Adventure mode and get your reward in the form of a bounty chest with 8 legendary mats of each act and some other crafting mats.

http://dh-deluxe.de/files/images/ptr2.6/ChallengeRift-Belohnung.jpg

You can play the challenge again to improve your personal record and get a higher ranking, but you get the reward only once. You can't tune the original build (like swapping passive skills or paragon points), and you can't increase the difficulty of the original gRift. Thus, the only thing you can do is race against the timer. Not very satisfying for me.

The challenge is planned to change somewhat like once a week. There will be no "top" builds where someone was pushing high on the ranking, but more builds like from "play your way".

I'm looking forward to see the next challenges, as the current one is not really a good example for "play your way", but more like "play a standard build with errors".

Edit: they seem to be working on it right now. Challenged Rifts are not available right now in the beta. There is an error on the game mode selection page and after that the Challenged Rifts are greyed out.
04/17/2017 01:24 AMPosted by Hebalon
There will be no "top" builds where someone was pushing high on the ranking, but more builds like from "play your way".
Yep, this is the biggest problem with this game mode. If CRifts are aimed to create competition between the top players, an easy build and fast times won't achieve this optimally.

The skill in this game is higher when the player:
- Takes significant damage from the mobs and the environment
- Have to fight for longer time (battles are tougher and mobs have priorities)
- Uses combination of skills, which timing has to be chosen carefully
- Uses items and mechanics, which punish bad players (old school taeguk for example)

From what we saw from the CRifts until now:
- Damage taken on low GRs is almost always insignificant
- Low GRs are easy to do (last for 3-4 minutes)
- Combination of skills is random
- Items and mechanics are random

We can conclude that in their current form the CRifts are badly implemented if they are designed to create a form of competition. If they are designed to be a weekly speed rift awarding bounty cache they are serving their purpose optimally.
04/14/2017 03:03 AMPosted by Amrita
Friends, Family, Streamer's, MVP's all received the Necro Beta and a few random players that actually play alot got the invite.

I am just one of million players that will never receive a beta because I am nothing special, just play solo or with a few friends.

In my clan I have 3 people that got it. Two are regular players, they don't play much more than I do. The third was inactive for months and came back only a month or so ago. I don't know that play time had a lot to do with it.
Just watching Rykker and seeing how many people participated in the challenge rift.. NINE. NINE PEOPLE doing challenge rifts.
04/17/2017 02:18 PMPosted by Nurama
Just watching Rykker and seeing how many people participated in the challenge rift.. NINE. NINE PEOPLE doing challenge rifts.

The beta is very limited in terms of people on it. So that number isn't surprising considering the biggest feature in the beta is the necro and most people are trying the new class out.

Challenge rifts aren't going to be a testing point for most people considering it is yet another rift type on classes they've already put hundreds of hours onto.
04/17/2017 02:25 PMPosted by Pricecut
04/17/2017 02:18 PMPosted by Nurama

The beta is very limited in terms of people on it. So that number isn't surprising considering the biggest feature in the beta is the necro and most people are trying the new class out.

Challenge rifts aren't going to be a testing point for most people considering it is yet another rift type on classes they've already put hundreds of hours onto.

Yeah the point is people arent even testing necro still. Everyone dropped it since no sets or legendaries are out yet. AKA NOT TESTING the skills.
04/17/2017 02:44 PMPosted by Nurama
Yeah the point is people arent even testing necro still. Everyone dropped it since no sets or legendaries are out yet. AKA NOT TESTING the skills.

Which is why the Necro is being removed from the Beta tomorrow and will be on vacation for a bit. They will bring it back with changes/more to test later.
04/17/2017 12:37 AMPosted by ParadoxPhD
I have never streamed Diablo 3, nor am I a youtuber. I still got into the beta so I have already proved your opening statement false. There is a reason why streamers are picked over the general populace as they help promote the game and the new class. I have played every day since the beta was opened up and there is plenty of people still playing and still testing. Just because streamers decided to stop playing the beta doesn't mean testing isn't being done. I'm sick of all of these players that think they are entitled to a beta key just because they play the game. You didn't get in, big deal, plenty of people who did get in are doing the same thing you would be doing if you were playing. Also if you had the beta and could check the leaderboards or builds being used by people you would see plenty of people are either using varied builds or using builds that work, or are testing for bugs. Don't just assume that everything you say is correct when you can't even log on and see what is happening every day.

Show us pics, otherwise we don't believe you.
You barely played the game and posts are under ten, sure you got in,
"sarcasm".
04/16/2017 08:52 PMPosted by TheFapHand
what was the actual criteria for getting a beta invite? just curious becuase i have played since vanilla launch unto the present. I play more than most not as much as some and was hoping for an invitation. but as with most others with go to knowledge of the game i did not. and thought the posted (the post i caught anyway) criteria was a little vague.
maybe i haven't ignored the wife and life enough.?. but most likely its just RNGesus laughing "you are not worthy" while revealing that it don't matter which of the 3 cups u chose left, right, middle you will never find the ball-for there is no ball. kicked in the nuts by imaginary and ever changing chance numbers
pretty much sums up my season so far, prolly why im a bit salty bout it. just hope its better than the crusader just couldnt get into that class for some reason

Maybe they didn't pick you because of your name,
even though you thought, a name to do with !@#$%^-*!ing
would be funny.
Meh I stopped playing because the game is still the same at its core. The necromancer doesn't change anything, it's still greater rifts all day everyday. When I logged on to level my necro I just couldn't even stomach it man. Kinda wish it went to someone else that would play the class for real.
04/17/2017 03:04 PMPosted by Ragashii
Meh I stopped playing because the game is still the same at its core. The necromancer doesn't change anything, it's still greater rifts all day everyday. When I logged on to level my necro I just couldn't even stomach it man. Kinda wish it went to someone else that would play the class for real.
Boom, nailed it in one.

I looked at the necromancer, got it to... I don't know, five or something, and then thought "I'd rather be doing this in the live game" and didn't look back.

At the end of the day, the Necromancer is a gimmick, and D3 needs more than that. If they really want to spice up the game, they need to work on the existing sets / gear / classes and add more sets and gear to open up new potential gameplay instead of the same song and dance every season with a slight variation based on whatever new legendary effect was added or slightly changed.