What's your Proudest HC moment?

Hardcore
What your favorite personal achievement in diablo 3 hardcore mode and why? Gloating is encouraged.

For me it was my GR 79 clear last season with Unhallowed Essence Multi shot. Being new to DH, I tried a couple of builds but nothing really stuck until I played that build. Its straight forward and great for farming and I had a lot of fun with it for a long time. I was obsessed with trying to clear higher & higher Greater rifts with the build. I eventually reached full ancient items and full augments, although some of the ancients are not rolled great and some of the augments are fairly low level.

If you don't know much about the build basically its... standing away from enemies boost your toughness and damage. If enemies get close you lose damage and toughness. You want to wait for CoE to hit fire before melting enemies. It is a very squish build at that level. Roughly 2-3 ranged attacks would proc me so kiting is the name of the game.

I fished and I fished, I tried and I tried. It took probably 30 tries but I finally got the perfect rift. I got to the rift guardian with just over a minute left. Right next to where the RG spawned was a power shrine. I grabbed the shrine and proceeded to proc instantly right at the start of the fight. That is when my fight to death with the RG started and after some close calls and poor play I came out on top. After 130Hours of play that UE MS DH still lives and that GR clear is still my proudest moment.

Here is a low quality video of it. Please don't make fun of me..... it was a very intense and special moment for me lol.

http://plays.tv/video/58a00dc6385dd4b8cb/gr79-hc-seasonal-literal-fight-death-rank-90-na?from=user

So what's your proudest moment?
Beating hc inferno belial in vanilla

Man that guy sucked a big one. I mean all of act 2 was absolutely terrifying, from the wasps, jumping cat !@#$%^-s, invisible ninja snakes, and explodey poison guys. Then to wrap it up you had belial with his insta-death explosions in an extended two minutes+ of terrifying 160bpm heartrate induced fear, who if you didn't kill fast enough, enraged and did nonstop explosions.
That's pretty sweet I never got past act 1. I died so much back then it was crazy. I keep my SC Wiz around to remember the past.
Ran MP10 in vanilla with my WW barb who was 100% self found :)
04/11/2017 12:37 PMPosted by Bacon
Beating hc inferno belial in vanilla

Yup.

HC Inferno Belial before the nerf was peak D3 for me. Nothing else has come close to that rush since.
Best...

Finally killing Diablo hc inferno back in vanilla.

After countless deaths to creatures (Belial) in A2,3, and 4 before finally killing Diablo with my WW Barb.

Worst...

Vanilla Hell A3... Hit 60 with my Cleave/Rend Barb, then 2 seconds later... DEAD. LOL
Hail to those that have survived Vanilla.

(S9)
I could barely clear T3 when I was farming GRift keys on T1
I let someone join so they could be plvled
Got ambushed by 3 different molten elite packs while attempting to type "clear"
An entire pack of molten minions died next to me due to shuriken cloud.
Mass panic - I just remembered that I took off Awareness to increase speed farming
"wiff click" on the keyboard prevented a quick escape.
1 bad vault move got me stuck in a corner via waller ... with more death exploding minions .... and Frozen.
I think a 4th (maybe 5th) elite pack was agro'd
wall tumbled down just as the molten and frozen explosions were about to apply their "death blow" to me.

"They're all dead and we're not"

Moments like these are why I (a [super] casual) play Hard Core.
All the times I didn't die when I probably should've. Conversely, my least proudest moments are all the times I have died... :)
Id say its not a moment per se. Just the experience of playing the game and pushing GR's when you know death is coming for you. I don't put special significance in HC mode really, I just think this is the only way to play the game. I have not rolled a SC char since vanilla, and I just don't see myself ever returning to that mode.
04/14/2017 08:14 AMPosted by Toq
Id say its not a moment per se. Just the experience of playing the game and pushing GR's when you know death is coming for you. I don't put special significance in HC mode really, I just think this is the only way to play the game. I have not rolled a SC char since vanilla, and I just don't see myself ever returning to that mode.

I think I agree with this for modern D3.

Pre-ROS, pre-mp10 stuff, when inferno was end game and A1/A2/A3+4 were separate difficulty tiers, the game was totally different and I have very specific memories of my hardcore play back then.

A2 Belial was basically the gateway to getting the best loot (since it only dropped A3/4, and hardcore, it was just SOOOOOOOOOO damn easy to get 1 shot by explosions, and there was no "live and try again" when it came to him. Not only that, but just the start of act 2 following butcher was total insanity on hardcore (sans bugged force armor wizards)
Inferno Belial kill in vanilla was my best moment, and the Diablo kill was a strong 2nd. That Belial fight was no freaking joke though.
I was pretty proud of my 87GR in 10 mins... not so much proud about the 88 I was on track to complete in a similar time when I d/c'd.
04/14/2017 06:58 PMPosted by Moist
I was pretty proud of my 87GR in 10 mins... not so much proud about the 88 I was on track to complete in a similar time when I d/c'd.

I seen you up there on the boards. Was surprised to see your character was dead :(. Sorry for your loss RIP. Doubt I will ever do GR 87 in 10 mins. I did a GR 86 last night but took like 14:30. I am thinking of switching to cold for my eventual GR 87 along with Pain Enforcer. Pretty sure I am one of the remaining players still using BoP over GR85.
Realm of Fright, no 4 piece set bonuses, died four times, the 5th time firebird was still on cd, and RIP. I will definitely attempt it again knowing what I know now going in.
Clearing GR90 and finishing top 10 in Season 9. It's probably the biggest achievement I'll ever have in D3 :)
Last night with my fresh paragon 300 something dh I decided to go got my GR 70 unlock...had several close calls with passive procing more times that I'd like on the climb up. Finished my GR 69 with 3 seconds to spare. 100% thought I'd die trying the 70 but...YOLO....first try my passive proc'd no less that three times but GOT IT DOWN with one min to spare!! Was an epic night of fun. Now here I come primals!
I PK'd Whiteowl once with a Way-Point Bomb
Making it through spires alive in 1.03.
Just making it to 60 in vanilla. I only play solo and up until that point I didn't play hardcore.

Since then I've played nothing but HC.