Barb fix in 2.6 that requires no dev time.

Barbarian
Mortick's Brace.
100% agree
This really isn't even close to being enough, but that's just my take. It's something and I will gladly take it.

:) +1
I agree with Tee.
In the current state of WoTB, it will fix almost nothing, only toughness.

Since, ALL builds have Insanity, Morticks will give a boost in toughness and recovery from Strinding and Thrive. Still, can they replace, ie APDs?

For extra DPS, Arreat's Wall and the 300% from Slaughter are a joke.
Imo, Morticks is just a dream from the olds. An illusion of "power".

But, +1 (and Prokhan's Ptr thread), for the initiative and the effort. only dreams are left.
IMO, WOTB needs to be given back the correlation between Fury and Duration, Mortick's can do that + give all runes.

Bring back perma-WOTB.

And make insanity +100% instead of +50%.
04/13/2017 07:33 AMPosted by Tee
This really isn't even close to being enough

Another reason I don't like Mortick's: It would be the BiS bracer for every build except Frenzy Thorns.

It's bad enough that we require Parthans and CoE for every build. It would be nice to have creative, interesting items to fix our issues, not global Band-Aids.
I upvoted, but it wouldn't do much, to be honest. Barbs need minimum 5-6 tier average for builds we have and 10-15 for builds we love but don't play no more (instagib in 70+).

So reality is, that most of our builds needs either 100-150% EFFECTIVE DPS increase (in other words, you need to find another 2x or 2.5x multiplier) a some need 4-5x multipliers added on top of what they have.

This of course is ignoring build scaling and, most importantly, incoming damage scaling. So in other words, builds like WW for example may need less than that in form of multiplier, because WW scales expotentially with density and area damage. Builds like HoTA or Thornzy need simple buffs, because they don't scale that well. And than there is an issue of mitigation, and 50% that doesn't scale with density is not enough to replace parthans.

Than, you have an issue of group damage and what those changes could do for barbs in terms of being group DPS.

And none of simple changes will help with that, because we lack either STD or AoE or Burst. Simple multiplier could help with competing for STD spot in group, but it would have to be comparable to potential of Gmonk, Wizard or DH, and without properly designed items it will not be possible.

In short, Morticks would do nothing but lock bracer/cube slot, while bumping solo builds by 1-3 tiers. Call me crazy, but in reality this is not enough for me. Builds have to be literally broken, to the level of stupid op-ness, to be viable for 4 man DPS.
New ring
Arreat Heal - bleeding enemies also take 13000%-14000% as physical.

Barb fixed.
Remove limit of 25 stacks on Rampage
04/13/2017 03:06 PMPosted by Felix

!!!!

Soon you will be labeled as heretic bro.

Just like myself when I was trying to discuss this possibility. It is the easiest and best fix, 4-5 tiers for every build, right on the spot:)
04/13/2017 03:06 PMPosted by Felix

or vastly increase the potency from 1% to 10%!

or introduce an item similar to fazula, that gives us permanent 25 stacks which we can get additional 25 stacks through killing

or both
04/13/2017 08:30 AMPosted by Dragonfire
I agree with Tee.
I'm sorry to hear about your brain damage. Was it a traumatic accident?

JUST KIDDING

LOVE YA TEEBOT
I support bringing back Morticks however, introducing them now would be equivalent to a giving us Sash of knives Mk2. Even if they had of come out when they were supposed to, they wouldnt have been that effective as the IK 6 piece bonus was nerfed from 500% in the PTR to 100%. This was purely due to all the barb hate from Wizards and DHs.

Introducing more multiplicative items is the only way this class will claw back any real DPS.

Ie, ring for HOTA. HOTA now does 3,500% more damage.

2nd Affix on all 2 handers, so FOTVP gets SS multiplicative buff (15% for every yard between you and enemies. Max damage is 250%) and FOTVP saving affix, etc etc. BK set also falls into this.

And so on.

Ill finish on this final note, here is arguably one of the strongest builds in the game ATM: https://www.d3planner.com/636195453

Note Vyrs 1st set bonus (Archon gains the effect of every rune).

I think that rather than asking for Morticks, we ask for the bonus (WOTB gains all runes) be integrated into the IK set in addition to its 2nd, 4th or 6 piece bonus.
Actually...ya...how about this?

2-piece bonus: Add Slaughter
4-piece bonus: Add Thrive on Chaos
6-piece bonus: Add Striding Giant

This would add a bit of power to Immortal King earlier on in its progression. Right now it is kind of weak until the 6-piece bonus. Adding Slaughter would give a little deeps. Thrive on Chaos would help with survivability without making everyone think they needed to use IK4 hybrid builds. Then we add Striding Giant to the 6th piece bonus to finally give Immortal King some built in mitigation.

As usual we all choose the Insanity rune.
04/14/2017 03:54 AMPosted by Jako
Actually...ya...how about this?

2-piece bonus: Add Slaughter
4-piece bonus: Add Thrive on Chaos
6-piece bonus: Add Striding Giant

This is a great idea and would open many fun to play builds in addition to boosting existing ones such as IK6 HOTA/WW etc. which sadly means it has absolutely no chance of ever being implemented because barbarians will forever be saddled with the original sin of being fun to play and powerful in vanilla.
04/13/2017 05:42 PMPosted by Jako
04/13/2017 08:30 AMPosted by Dragonfire
I agree with Tee.
I'm sorry to hear about your brain damage. Was it a traumatic accident?

JUST KIDDING

LOVE YA TEEBOT

-___-

New Barb ring to proc Manald Heal for wizzies.

GR 97 season clear
https://youtu.be/MNY937WHS-M
ik 6 piece:
you gain 250 lpfs
skills with cooldowns cost 50 additional fury instead
rampage has unlimited stacks
you gain 1% increased damage per rampage stack (mult)
1H mighty weapon - For each enemy affected by rend WW deals 60% more damage (up to 10) enemies