Next class?

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10
Was a monk, not a bard. If you refering to Diablo 1 Hellfire.

Hellfire had the Monk, Bard, and Barbarian. Bard and Barbarian required you to set them to =1 or True in the .ini, they were mildly unfinished and not activated by default.

Where were you 25 years ago? Should've told me then...
... probably wouldn't have understood you anyway, I didn't speak English at the time. :p
04/15/2017 04:52 PMPosted by MissCheetah
There have been quite a few convos about this. Most feel the Amazon by lore is female which is complicated with the current dual gender D3. Druid is also much asked for.

So how about they give us a female Amazon (javazon), and a male druid? That way we stay away from millennia old lore violations on both.

I still wonder if she knows more than we do about this subject as MissCheetah rarely suggests anything.
I'd like to see a priest class
IMO Blizzard should create like version 2.0 of Diablo 3. Every company is doing it now with their competitive titles, Blizzard themselves did it with HotS. Same will happen with OW in the future.

I think that because I can't see major changes from D3 to D4 other than graphics and some additional game modes, heroes and story mode. So why not keep our items and progression over the past five years?

I also wouldn't mind a microtransaction system as long as it were kept only for cosmetics. No in-game advantages, not even XP boosts.
☻∞☻
It's been mentioned above, but an Alchemist class would be awesome.

Middle Eastern appearance, costume influence and accents, unique items are a whip and flask or a special sword perhaps

Sand / Wind Skills - knock backs, melee range, blinding, choking, burying
making gold on the screen offensive (like the Druid D2 cyclone, it gets picked up and flung around the screen and you get it all at the end of the skill).

Potions - offensive and support, to be thrown, to be used

Metallurgy - machines like the D2 assassin had but different enough from the D3 DH, mercury based appendages and enhancements, added gold drop and pick up, gold to health, rust control to reduce defences, using and moving dropped items against mobs
we don't need a new intelligence based char. we have 3
strength or dex base is where we are at in the game.

amazon is a waste of time we have DH, same thing duel genders.

Druid focus on shapeshifting strength and life base.
this is where the devs can show their metal, what can it change in to, whatever they can makeup, werewolf is a must for 1 form, but it can also turn in to say a plant creature, demon, undead, elemental creature,
base weapons can be spears & axes

this is the most creative char difference then anything in the game,

now that said shape shifter is a must but what and how is open, skinwalker/druid/something out of myths like this.

a anti-hero shapeshifter call it whatever you want strength and life. all culture around the world have a mythical char like this pick one.

http://mythicalrealm.com/humanoid-mythical-creatures/shapeshifters-around-world/
01/10/2018 06:51 PMPosted by Caiuss
It's been mentioned above, but an Alchemist class would be awesome.

Middle Eastern appearance, costume influence and accents, unique items are a whip and flask or a special sword perhaps

Sand / Wind Skills - knock backs, melee range, blinding, choking, burying
making gold on the screen offensive (like the Druid D2 cyclone, it gets picked up and flung around the screen and you get it all at the end of the skill).

Potions - offensive and support, to be thrown, to be used

Metallurgy - machines like the D2 assassin had but different enough from the D3 DH, mercury based appendages and enhancements, added gold drop and pick up, gold to health, rust control to reduce defences, using and moving dropped items against mobs

I think that's pretty cool. I remember D3 team released a joke video about a new Horadrim class before the release. In those videos we can see an old man casts "Lorenados" and many other weird Horadrim related skills then die with one hit or die by crushing ceiling. I'm aware they were joke videos but always wondered if that could be shaped into anything and there's that. A Horadrim Alchemist sounds so cool to me.
01/10/2018 08:11 PMPosted by OZ77
a anti-hero shapeshifter

There are no anti-heroes in Diablo games.
Only Heroes, Males & Females. Call them whatever you want.
:-)
Blizzard already had concept art for a Druid for Diablo 3 by an intern (https://imgur.com/a/l3tVM), so there's that. I think it's too late for something to happen now though. Maybe for Diablo in its next shape, whatever that is.
My suggestion: Shaman

A group of individuals focused on nature and elemental magic. This avoids the gender confusion of the druid(all male) and Amazon (all female) and mixed abilities from both.

Shamans would be based on native American/Indian motif, and their class items would be the headdress (tribal animal masks), totems (offhand item) and tomahawks or javelins(as a melee weapon that can be thrown).

Shaman abilities would be split between the following sets:

Weather control: elemental magic focused on rain, storms, wind, and lightning. These would form the bulk of a spellcaster shamans arsenal.

Totems: abilities that create static area effects like localized earthquakes, stasis or shock fields, or buff zones. Some totems could also function like turrets attacking enemies with magic blasts.

Avatars: self-buff aura abilities based on animal figures. These would imbue the shaman with the traits and some physical appearance alterations of the chosen animal. E.g. wolf avatar makes you look vaguely werewolf like and gives you a balanced boost to damage and resilience. Lion avatar makes you look feline and boosts speed and damage. Bear avatar makes you look ursine and boosts survivability and resilience. Crow avatar gives a birdlike look and boosts weather abilities. Serpent avatar gives a reptilian look and boosts totems.

The class weapon (either tomahawk or javelin) also fits in by having melee and ranged physical attacks for primary/secondary skill sets. This would allow a melee centric playstyle or a ranged playstyle for those that want something more like the Amazon.

Headdresses would come in several animal types (e.g. lion head, wolf head, bear head, bird head, snake head) and would provide specific bonus to melee and ranged abilities and the correlating animal avatar.

Totem offhand items would boost the various totem abilities and general stats.
Druid would be a great addition.
I would like to see a completely new class, or the Druid :D
01/10/2018 11:53 PMPosted by ValHaelAran
There are no anti-heroes in Diablo games.

the necro is a anti-hero so is the witch doctor, oh did you think the righteous summon undead, really - no.
necro is all about the balance chaotic neutral = (anti-hero), if good gets to powerful the necro will switch teams to maintain the balance.
zombie dogs, undead midgets, skeletons, really - no.

my point is if your adding new char then it need to be a dark char. as the game should have been. this was a horror game
and a shapeshifter is different, alchemist/horodrig/ same difference as a wiz/sorcerer. again what, you want all intelligence based char thats stupid.
01/11/2018 05:38 PMPosted by OZ77
the necro is a anti-hero so is the witch doctor

Blizzard call all of them Heroes (7 classes, meanwhile) (Males & Females)
We agree 100 %. There are only Heroes in this game (Diablo).

I would like to see a demon class. Not an orc but almost small version of Diablo with fire as main abilities. Maybe death touch staff or a fire whip
01/11/2018 10:52 PMPosted by AranHaelVal
Blizzard call all of them Heroes (7 classes, meanwhile) (Males & Females)
We agree 100 %. There are only Heroes in this game (Diablo).

the intro to the necro stats, only the balance matters. he is fighting as a hero so he is a anti-hero, get over it........