Next class?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 10 Next
04/15/2017 06:54 PMPosted by Blitzcano
04/15/2017 04:52 PMPosted by MissCheetah
There have been quite a few convos about this. Most feel the Amazon by lore is female which is complicated with the current dual gender D3. Druid is also much asked for.

So how about they give us a female Amazon (javazon), and a male druid? That way we stay away from millennia old lore violations on both.

There are no rules stating that they can't introduce a new character that can be only 1 gender. There are numerous games out there with duel gender characters that have had characters that could only be female.

Expecting Blizzard to add two new characters at once, when they can barely manage one is a naive idea. Believing there is a rule that if you make a new character it has to be both male and female is get out of that box you're living in!

The only way other character packs will happen is if the Necromancer sells extremely well. The Necromancer was added to Heros of the Storm first, most recently it was the spear using female amazon. It's a safe bet if they did add another character it will be her, followed by the druid.

I have to admit I like this but, what about just make Rangers as a D3 version of Amazon? If I remember correctly, their origin is the same.

are they female-only too?
I think they should add a new class called a Pacifist...he simply doesn't fight.

Skills could be tricky.
amazons is no point we already got dh but the druid sounds good and maybe assasins
The "Crusader" of the crusades wasn't male or female, which to a large degree is what the Paladin of D2 and it's more recent incarnation as Crusader of D3 is based on, they were Male.

There is no reason to reintroduce the Amazon as a "Hoplite" that can be either male or female, thus nixing the entire gender vs title debate right there. There is probably an even better name than "Hoplite", I just used that to make the point.
04/15/2017 04:47 PMPosted by Typheous
04/15/2017 11:00 AMPosted by KyubiVal
and a new one, the Ninja.

That wouldn't happen given the DHs skills. Chakram and Impale basically cover shuriken and kunai. Also, monks would cover their lightning fast movements.

Another strength and dexterity hero to make it 3 of each would be nice
though. Amazon would work due to javalins, and a second class using bows would be nice. Coming up with new bow skills would be interesting.
Druid would be nice as the strength, shapeshifting would be fun as long as it wouldn't be the same as the uber buff things (akkhans, vengeance, archon, etc.)

They can't add a ninja because kunai and shuriken are covered, but they can add another class who uses a bow?

I think your logic is a little flawed there.

Not that I want a ninja anyway, but still.
04/16/2017 11:42 AMPosted by GOSU
The "Crusader" of the crusades wasn't male or female, which to a large degree is what the Paladin of D2 and it's more recent incarnation as Crusader of D3 is based on, they were Male.

There is no reason to reintroduce the Amazon as a "Hoplite" that can be either male or female, thus nixing the entire gender vs title debate right there. There is probably an even better name than "Hoplite", I just used that to make the point.

Actually, the D3 Crusader is officially female. Her name is Johanna.
04/16/2017 09:05 AMPosted by homerjnick
I think they should add a new class called a Pacifist...he simply doesn't fight.

Skills could be tricky.

Nah bro, we have this class in the game.

There is this dude with long hair, some braids, beard, he tries to deliver his friends to safety, bottom line is that he hates any violence and damage dealing. His speciality is pillow fighting, he hugs his enemies, every now and than he shouts, counting on his intimidating posture (dude is big, and females of his kind are typically twice the size of other classes males) to discourage them from dealing any damage. Best he can do is drag them around, as they all see him as easy pray.
04/15/2017 09:15 AMPosted by Tyrion
A bard?
lol probably not -

My suggestion:
Don't try to duplicate what we have already seen from Diablo Games as whole. Such as when d3 came out people said that Witch Doctor was simular to Necromancer with the pets. Or that Monk was similar to Paladin, ect, ect. Someone said Viking - ok - but as long as its NOT like Crusader or Barbarian. I don't another class that is similar. The classes we have now are pretty good spread on how they play. Continue down that path with diversity in classes.

We have 3 main traits: Strength, Intelligence, Agility (but since they changed agility to be strength its a wash there, lol)

My suggestion, Priest that uses intelligence - holy like monk - but not melee combat.
04/15/2017 10:26 AMPosted by S4v4G3
Bulkhatos, hold my hand!"

that broke me XD
honestly surprised they went necro.

i main'd necro in d2 but with how close it is to the witch doctor, not really sure it was the right way to go.

probably should have gone druid since its the most unique among old and new classes
If all goes well with necro, which class do you prefer next?

Druid? Amazon? or maybe a ranger? An assassin? A rogue?
A bard?
I miss Hellfire Bard. :D

Well, they said after Blizzcon that they have actually been theorycrafting many new classes, some of which they scrapped, some of which they may want to add.

I could see the life of D3 being more of a transition into character packs, tier gear improvement, set power reduction, and potentially 1-2 more game modes.

There will be one new mode for sure other than challenge rifts, as they showed footage of this essentially MMO open world like map system where you seamlessly transition from one setting to another without the need for portals and loadscreens.

I think it would be cool to have some sort of alchemist that creates different types of potions for healing as well as damage.
The classes in Diablo 4.
04/16/2017 07:48 PMPosted by Demonmonger
If all goes well with necro, which class do you prefer next?

Druid? Amazon? or maybe a ranger? An assassin? A rogue?
A bard?
I miss Hellfire Bard. :D

Well, they said after Blizzcon that they have actually been theorycrafting many new classes, some of which they scrapped, some of which they may want to add.

I could see the life of D3 being more of a transition into character packs, tier gear improvement, set power reduction, and potentially 1-2 more game modes.

There will be one new mode for sure other than challenge rifts, as they showed footage of this essentially MMO open world like map system where you seamlessly transition from one setting to another without the need for portals and loadscreens.

I think it would be cool to have some sort of alchemist that creates different types of potions for healing as well as damage.

they already have a ton of unique potions.

so really you just want them to add offensive potions.
@tk421 I think he is talking about abilities not items. Like WD bombs.

Also I don't think B will never add a real consumable sistem to Diablo, like Dark Soul or basically any arpg out there.

@gooddaytoday well it was a joke. Also I don't think it's canon.
But I could love some ideas about a Diablo version of that...like abilities to summon ghosts and spirits by music or something.
why is people so obsessed with char that have already been done
The next class will be a panda that holds two shields, and claps them together to double smite it's opponents
Keeping with blizzard expansion themes.
With a current end-game meta being the perpetual altered-state, ultimate-form, DBZ-esque superbeing...
I thought the Druid was a natural evolutionary lock for the next D3 character, except this time focusing more on the shape-shifting roles than the elemental aspects of the Druid.
04/15/2017 11:55 PMPosted by ACrowley
04/15/2017 04:52 PMPosted by MissCheetah
There have been quite a few convos about this. Most feel the Amazon by lore is female which is complicated with the current dual gender D3. Druid is also much asked for.

So how about they give us a female Amazon (javazon), and a male druid? That way we stay away from millennia old lore violations on both.

If Amazons are only female, and Druids are only male... how do they reproduce?

Together (lore set aside)
I want a real Barbarian class for once
It's gonna be over 2 years from RoS launch to Necro release. I can't see enough players still playing this game in another 2-3 years to warrant making another class.

Especially when you look at the landscape of what ARPG's might like like in 3 years. Lost Ark, Lineage, MU. These are all sure to take at least a piece of D3's populations (maybe more if Lost Arks can meet expectations on the hype). And will probably have consistent updates.

I'm sure there'll be a few more patches after the necro, followed by maintenance mode. Followed by hopefully a D4 announcement. Probably not for at least 2 more years till that's announced though.