Are People Satisfied with Necro Summons?

General Discussion
04/13/2017 02:30 PMPosted by ChaosLeech
04/13/2017 01:14 PMPosted by Thumper
You can use the Revive skill to reanimate up to 10 corpses to fight for you for a short time.
The revive uptime is so fast it's almost not worth it. I was watching someone use it on youtube earlier and you basically get about 1 attack out of however many you can summon at once before they all die off. This makes me sad.

Yep, that is the issue I see with the skill currently, it requires you to kill stuff to summon them and then you have to find more enemies to actually make use of them, 15 seconds is not long enough to get much out of them most of the time. Maybe instead of a duration, they could last a certain number of attacks before they crumble.
04/13/2017 02:48 PMPosted by JumpyMonkey
04/13/2017 02:30 PMPosted by ChaosLeech
...The revive uptime is so fast it's almost not worth it. I was watching someone use it on youtube earlier and you basically get about 1 attack out of however many you can summon at once before they all die off. This makes me sad.

Yep, that is the issue I see with the skill currently, it requires you to kill stuff to summon them and then you have to find more enemies to actually make use of them, 15 seconds is not long enough to get much out of them most of the time. Maybe instead of a duration, they could last a certain number of attacks before they crumble.
At least the D2 revives lasted 3 minutes...
Have they shown set bonuses/legendaries yet? We know this game is primarily balanced via set bonuses and crutch legendaries so the base values (including summon duration) don't necessarily mean much at all.

There could be a legendary or set bonus that doubles, triples or quadruples duration, or activates multiple runes at once and summons some of each etc.
Disappointed
04/13/2017 03:09 PMPosted by Midnight
Disappointed

For now this is basically how I feel as well. Between low DR for the necro and the summons lasting so short it is underwhelming. Still looks fun but...

* Mages need to last longer/permanently OR when you activate command skeleton they also focus on your target

* Passive needs to be more like "lasts 50% longer" than 25%

* Those three 120 second cool downs -- my oh my. Even with decent sets who's actually going to take those?

* Revive: Feels like they should last longer. Not sure how long but longer.

The army is more of a squadron of a select few and they're weak unless you take exactly X, Y, Z runes/passives with your LoN set. To quote Bludd, "feels bad man".
I did a thread about how disappointed im about it:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20754135438

Not only minions, but more than that...

I got downvoted so i will be just wait...

I feel necro will take around 1 or 1.5 years to be ballanced and work as a real necro... Dunno if i can wait it...

Btw is beta, too soon to say, but we can have a idea of where blizzard is going.
My main issue is with the passives and runes for command skeletons.

I'll try to keep this short as I keep typing up 5-10 paragraphs and deleting it because it's to much of a wall of text.

Command skeletons is to expensive even with the passive that reduces it by 30% AND the rune that reduces it by 25... As a zoomancer you're not going to be able to take frenzy and even if you could it's not that good as you're going to wanna maintain as close as 100% uptime to the command buff which eats essence really bad. This may seem like a non issue till you look and realize raise skeleton mage is going to be a spender for zoomancers and it costs 40 and if you take singularity it's going to be ALL essence for 1 super powered skeleton mage.

So just using command skeleton and skeleton mage that's 50 every 5 seconds along with 40 per skeleton mage *without singularity* it doesn't seem like much but you can summon up to 10 skeleton mages so you'll be spamming this skill meaning you'll have little to no essence to spare for command skeleton.

A solution to this is to reduce the base cost of command skeleton to 25 and increase the duration of command from 5 to 10 this allows the use of the skill without making that major of a dent into spamming out your mages while at the same time allowing frenzy to be a optimal rune *for now*.

Anyway past the essence issue I honestly wanna make a comment on the Command skeleton runes... They are bad... The mandatory rune will be enforcer with the current setup due to the cost reduction it provides. None of the runes actually buff the skeletons in a meaningful way but frenzy which gives 25% attack speed only during the command meaning you pay 50 essence for 5 seconds of 25% attack speed and raising the damage from 50% to 75% *the damage is multiplicative from what people testing have shown*.

Anyway I'll get to my last bit.... I would like to see the passives be a bit more useful as most of them seem designed to only be supportive the only damage boost that they have is very questionable as you only get full effect of it at 30 yards giving 15% bonus damage to a few bone skills and the other passives such as the self revive is honestly horrible for non minionmasters since it forces you to basically have command skeleton in every build that uses it or else you will only get 10% life back when you take lethal damage..

They have a lot of work ahead of them.
but u can still direct damage, as in "commander of the dad"
dont forget^^
04/13/2017 03:24 PMPosted by Taoru
04/13/2017 03:09 PMPosted by Midnight
Disappointed

For now this is basically how I feel as well. Between low DR for the necro and the summons lasting so short it is underwhelming. Still looks fun but...

* Mages need to last longer/permanently OR when you activate command skeleton they also focus on your target

* Passive needs to be more like "lasts 50% longer" than 25%

* Those three 120 second cool downs -- my oh my. Even with decent sets who's actually going to take those?

* Revive: Feels like they should last longer. Not sure how long but longer.

The army is more of a squadron of a select few and they're weak unless you take exactly X, Y, Z runes/passives with your LoN set. To quote Bludd, "feels bad man".

Pretty much same feedback.

- Not sure what's the point of all those insanely long cooldowns. This is a fast paced game, any cooldown and skill is dead in the water by TX.
- Pets don't last, annoying. Mages are pretty much same as that Illusion junk wizards have... no one uses it and no one ever will.
- Revives need to last a heck lot longer.

Blizzard to fix please consider:

• Make mage skill summons last permanently (not the BS 6 seconds...annoying)
  • Make revived monsters last several minutes (they barely last a few seconds, also annoying)
  • Long cooldowns, please shorten them a ton.
wow skeletons aren't perma? That's complete garbage. Might not get the content then. Blizzard is clueless if they're doing this. And Blizzard tossing in so many longer cooldown skills has been a thing in D3 this whole time. Guess they still don't get it.
Christ. Using a thread from the beginning of beta 2 months ago to throw your little rant are ya?