Time to buff solo?

General Discussion
I would also like to see a buff for solo players. Some players are only concerned about the most holy "Meta" and "Speed" they do not care about the community at large. If your build does not work with the "Meta" you will not be included. Solo players have also paid for the game, let them play the way they want. The only other option is to join a clan that plays the same way you do, if you are ever online at the same time.
Simple solution would be to add more follower items. Having one slot on your follower that you can use to majorly buff something like XP would be great.

Small auras would be awesome! So when you are just grinding you swith to the XP item for the follower and when pushing you would swap this item to something that gives a small dmg or toughness boost.
if you got the $$ and a good pc there is this thing called isboxer you can play on 4 accts at the same time and it's ok with them that you do this I've seen them do it so i know it's ok I do it sometimes look it up isboxers
+1 Progression feels slow, I think it will take me 3 months or longer to hit 85 depending if i get lucky with drops or how fast I wanna grind paragon levels. was on GR 73 in dec of 2016.... (Predicting) So will be close to 8months to a year that i only climbed 12 GR levels solo, playing my way. Primal v2 sucks. (-_-)'

Current, 81, took 5 months to hit 81 \(o.O)/ I was no lifing it too.
For me as a 99% solo player, buffs to solo mode would be great news :)

+1 to this thread.
I mostly play solo 90% of the time, but I see nothing wrong with it.

The problem lies in the fundamentals of endgame progressions. There is 3 points that comes to my mind.

1&2. Legendary gems & Essence progressions is tied to the highest GR you can complete. Not the amounts of efforts you put into the game.

Solutions: Legendary should earn XP based on the GR you complete and thus eventually reach a max levels much like Esoteric, Iceblink or others gems that have actual cap. This would enable a solo players to have gems in the 110+ range without being forced into a 4-player meta, while still giving the advantage of groups maxing their gems faster.

2. Pragons Levels.

Solutions: None. Infinite leveling is actually not a problem so much as the disparity in xp earned per hours between 4-man party and solo play.

In the current format you can gauge around 5 times more xp per hour in a top tier 4-man party. Given how long seasons last and how some players manage to play 16 to 23.5 hours a days well, not much we can do about this.

All in all solo play is MUCH better then when ROS was released.

If anything I would love to see Blizzards try and mix things up with the current systems of progressions for endgame.
Instead of adding a new class they could add a new league: Solo Selffound season.

Here you go, your game is fixed (also you can only choose ONE class for the SSS to prevent farming bounties on dh for barb or etc.)
Yeah, it is all around MP.

Why to you complain? They gave us this great GR rifting mechnanic.

Looks like this currently:

Joins game T13 GR, wanting to do 75-85 speeds

- Crusader P391
- DH P668
- Monk P1100
- Me

- Monk leaves the game
- Barb P504 joins

Me leaves the game

Next game same story without monk

Next game good group,
two of them doing their !@#$, rerolling items, picking in the nose
high para leaves, low joins, others leave, I leave

this is fine
Solo is terribly discriminated against in many of the games mechanics - XP, DPS buffs, mat gathering ability/speed, so on, and so forth...

It's as frustrating as hell.
Solo play is a distant afterthought for D3 and has been from the very beginning. They want to make group runs the obvious choice for everyone, if you decide to play solo (I do quite often I just don't enjoy public games very much) then you just accept that you are always going to be in the back of the bus when it comes to everything in D3.

They have had 5 years to work on the parity of solo vs group play, there have been modest increases the oculus ring on your follower probably being the biggest boost for solo players, but then again groups always have a zDps equipping it as well so it's a wash.

Easiest fix for solo players would be to empower the follower, make it a legitimate factor that can actually kill something in a GR. Or even buff their skills to make yours' more effective than they are now.

But I expect nothing, they are all in on the Necromancer right now so the reality is no changes for solo players now or in the foreseeable future.
I guess the big takeaway is that solo is a dying gameplay style PERIOD. Not just in Diablo. More friends = More money. More Money = More content.
04/22/2017 05:11 AMPosted by dotrawr
I guess the big takeaway is that solo is a dying gameplay style PERIOD. Not just in Diablo. More friends = More money. More Money = More content.

That's a shame because I think they severely underestimate the number of people that are turned off of games that don't offer a viable solo option. People who prefer grouping may be a large majority, but there really isn't any reason why they can't provide both modes and make solo players happy as well.

I prefer to solo and it's not because I am antisocial, but sometimes I like to play games to relax, go at my own pace, alt tab to !@#$ post on the forums, etc. You can't really do that in groups because they have the go-go-go mentality.

I often wonder if this game would hold my attention span longer if I felt I had viable progression options as a solo player. Instead, right now I usually finish the season journey and then quit shortly after.
How much of a difference would it make if XP gems and XP bonus's in general as well as the massacre bonus were allowed in SOLO PLAY ONLY for REGULAR RIFTS ONLY?

I think it would go quite a ways towards closing the gap.

Pair that with allowing solo players to have all 3 followers with them in both GR's and regular Rifts, and I think you truly help the solo players compete with the groupies.
Dont see what the complaints are about, I play solo and have no issues, im not trying to compete with others or have to wait for so and so to smoke. I played multiplayer once on here and regret it...I ended up getting friend invites from gold sellers for months with messages of their spam.

Perhaps multiplayer gets you stuff faster, but why do I need it faster...so I end up with no more upgrades and shelfing the character? When I play I like to pickup loot...if I got the best stuff or close to it then whats the point in picking anything up unless its legendary? I already got 10k in white, blue and yellow mats, why pickup more?
04/19/2017 04:02 PMPosted by GrandeM
They don't care, Paragons and Gem Upgrade are 100% 4 players. Maybe one day we can play solo again.
wow blizzard how can you not feel for this guy look how sad he has become because of the "group meta" please for the sake of all humanity buff single please please gad F D PLEEEEASE!!!!
04/22/2017 05:11 AMPosted by dotrawr

I guess that's why games like Witcher 3, Fallout and Skyrim is such a wash tier kind of games...
04/22/2017 02:07 AMPosted by RoninSJ
Yeah, it is all around MP.

Why to you complain? They gave us this great GR rifting mechnanic.

Looks like this currently:

Joins game T13 GR, wanting to do 75-85 speeds

- Crusader P391
- DH P668
- Monk P1100
- Me

- Monk leaves the game
- Barb P504 joins

Me leaves the game

Next game same story without monk

Next game good group,
two of them doing their !@#$, rerolling items, picking in the nose
high para leaves, low joins, others leave, I leave

this is fine

yeh so i un installed d3 today because of this god awfull matchmaking and no legit way to level gems past 95 solo..... !@#$ING FAIL BLIZZ IDGAF ABOUT SWEARING YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES GIVING GROUP XP BONUSES ECT ONTOP OF THIS BULL%^-* GEM LEVELING SYSTEM FCK YOU YOOU FOREVER SUCK DICK
12/01/2017 11:53 AMPosted by Equinox

yeh so i un installed d3 today because of this god awfull matchmaking and no legit way to level gems past 95 solo..... !@#$ING FAIL BLIZZ IDGAF ABOUT SWEARING YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES GIVING GROUP XP BONUSES ECT ONTOP OF THIS BULL%^-* GEM LEVELING SYSTEM

Why did you necro this thread from 6 months ago? They DID buff solo, a lot in fact. I play mostly solo, but I joined a public game last night and all 3 of us had solo GR102, with group clear of only 95. So all of our gems were levelled solo.

Look at the solo leaderboards now, just about everyone is above 95, many with solo clears exceeding group clears. While the 4p meta is still more efficient, solo play is as close as its ever been, and certainly enough to get your gems to 100+ solo.
I don't understand why they punish you for playing solo. Worse drop rates. Worse exp. Worse damage vs mob health ratio than groups.

It's a dumb mechanic. Many people play on off hours due to work and school.

@ Delfius are you kidding? Solo is nowhere near group. 102 solo? Look at the 120+ 4 mans. Jesus it isn't even a comparison. 120 gems vs 103 gems? That's a massive damage upgrade alone.

Try farming paragon in solo vs groups which do 105 speeds sub 2 minutes and see where that gets you. You will quickly fall behind.
12/01/2017 12:15 PMPosted by Delfius
They DID buff solo, a lot in fact.

They did? What specifically did they do to buff solo game play?