Stash tab + GR 70 in 33hours 24 minutes from scratch

General Discussion
After reading the whiners about the stash tab being too hard I thought I would record and share my journey on getting my second tab this season on EU.

I started with no pets and played all the way solo except for some bounties in t10-13 and a few t10-t13 rifts to farm keys faster. I also ended teaming up for the Boss mode conquest as I rolled monk and failed solo with a boss left to go after 20 minutes.

1-70 6h25 (fields of misery runs and some rifts in between for loot, didn't get a leorics crown drop at all)
1st Haedrig's gift 7h20
3rd Haedrig's gift 11h43
Inna's set dugeon mastery 19h51 paragon 230 (took me around 1h of attemps to finally get it)
Champion 21h57 paragon 285
GR70 28h53 paragon 471
Destroyer 30h43 paragon 513 (first conquest was to level 3 gems to 65)
Conqueror 33h24 paragon 531 (second conquest was boss mode)

After playing wizard on Asia servers, I'd say that Monk has a really good starting set compared to wizard and also is more fun to play than MH wizard. Now I'll see if I have the power to unlock the stash tab on US, I'll probably roll WD or DH if I do so.
So what? Some players are not as good as you are. Look at me. I can hardly do T13 let alone GR 70 with my DH. Now I know some will say, ''change this skill'', ''add this item'', blah, blah, blah. But the point I shouldn't have to min max that much! I have level 60 gems, 6 pc set, Ancient items, even Augments. I'm not an idiot or new to the DH either. It's just that GR 70 is a insane Gateway. Make the gateway 50 or 60 or take it away completely.
04/26/2017 02:25 PMPosted by IAM
So what? Some players are not as good as you are. Look at me. I can hardly do T13 let alone GR 70 with my DH. Now I know some will say, ''change this skill'', ''add this item'', blah, blah, blah. But the point I shouldn't have to min max that much! I have level 60 gems, 6 pc set, Ancient items, even Augments. I'm not an idiot or new to the DH either. It's just that GR 70 is a insane Gateway. Make the gateway 50 or 60 or take it away completely.

I think you are an idiot or new to the DH.

Stop thinking it's because of the game.

If you can't do a GR 70 with that stuff and that gem's, yes, it's because you are bad.

Open your eyes, stop whinning, and try to get better, please.

How can it be normal to think "Omg it's too hard" before think "I should get a little bit better and retry it."

How do you do in real life, seriously?

Edit: And LOL, you are 800+ Paragon.

Actually you are supposed to do 80+ rifts. Wtf are you doing with your keyboard when you are in game?
It's just that GR 70 is a insane Gateway.
INSANE - well no- is it a gateway that is easy- well no also. It is a good way of saying (from blizzard)
"If you are able to do GR70 then you know 99% of how this game should work in order to progress in it"
Reason being. You can NOT do Gr70 with any old thing you found laying around. you HAVE TO do it "ACCORDINGLY" to a "SPECIFIC" build, call it a cookie cutter if you want, but that is what they want. Period... I just got done with GR60 and i can see how the power creep is nuts in this game. BTW> no augments either. i just found that out and that's going to take a hell of a lot of grinding to augment my gear to gr70 standards because i have the right gear "by name" just not by rolls on them.
04/26/2017 02:33 PMPosted by gooddaytodie
Reason being. You can NOT do Gr70 with any old thing you found laying around. you HAVE TO do it "ACCORDINGLY" to a "SPECIFIC" build, call it a cookie cutter if you want, but that is what they want. Period... I just got done with GR60 and i can see how the power creep is nuts in this game. BTW> no augments either. i just found that out and that's going to take a hell of a lot of grinding to augment my gear to gr70 standards because i have the right gear "by name" just not by rolls on them.

Thats the reason why the gr70 gate is pure BS.

dunno what build you're using, as the only char i see is a ue multishot build, not checking all servers. but if you use an impale dh, gr 70 is very doable. i soloed it with about 9m to spare.

i don't understand this player base.. first it's too easy and done too quickly, then it's too hard and achievements are too high. nothing pleases you people. and not for nothing, but those that find the game too easy will still bury you in paragon and leaderboard achievements... so. just deal with it.
people who keep track of times....

not fun

I think you're over-reacting a bit. I've got a Wizard using Delsere Arcane Orb/ Explosive Blast build that is currently working her way up past GR65 with not fully stat optimized gear, maybe 5 augmentations at +350 INT each and level 70 gems. If I put the effort in to tune the gear a bit or just outright try to push the GR I am pretty confident if could hit GR70 and finish it as is.

I even have a non-meta Lightning Wiz build working her way up slowly but surely. No augments, not fully optimized gear and completed GR 55 if I remember right. Little bit of work and she can probably get up to 70 as well. If I feel like putting in the work to augment and locate better stat gear.

It's not an insane barrier, just not a super easy one to hit. But it is still doable, even for players that do not use the exact Build of the Season for their class. Just because you can't do it with random items on the ground doesn't make it hideously hard.

As to powercreep...yeah it's been a bit crazy, but at least Primal V1 didn't make it in to make it worse. That's a whole new thread (or very old thread depending on how often you're in here.)
04/26/2017 02:30 PMPosted by Darkduprey
If you can't do a GR 70 with that stuff and that gem's, yes, it's because you are bad.
I get one shot by everything and I hit like a wet noodle.

I admit I hate challenges and get stressed very easily. I play D3 to relax and chill, not get bombarded by more stress (gateways)

04/26/2017 02:47 PMPosted by EPiCSMoKE
use an impale dh, gr 70 is very doable.
I am now collecting Shadow build stuff and will try it. But I hate feeling forced to play a build I don't like to make progress.
I remember back in the days when 20+ hours of gameplay used to be considered a "long" game. Times sure have changed.

So you are doing something wrong, or my DH get a superpower and I don't know it... ;)

I admit I hate challenges and get stressed very easily. I play D3 to relax and chill, not get bombarded by more stress (gateways)

Okay why not. But it seem like you don't want to push further, right? So Primal Ancient gear is useless for you, right?

So what about just don't care about this "Gateway" which is protecting a useless thing for you? What about just play as before the 2.5 update and don't care at all about Primal?

04/26/2017 03:03 PMPosted by IAM
I am now collecting Shadow build stuff and will try it. But I hate feeling forced to play a build I don't like to make progress.

You are not forced. It's easier with Shadow.

But a lot of people can do 90+ GR with UE, so it's perfectly doable without changing your build.

You are not forced, you just want to take the easy road. Not the same thing you will admit.

If you like to play D3 to relax and chill, why stress on GR 70? You're not missing much without Primal besides maaaaaybe having a small chance at a piece of gear with perfect rolled stats that you desire. not a big deal really. Rock on with the gear you love using in the difficulty level you're comfortable with.

There is no reason to play builds you don't like unless you come up with that reason to do so. No one is forcing you to do anything, really. Just do what I did, say screw it to GR70, I'll get there when I feel like it and play builds you enjoy and tinker how you see fit. You'll get a lot more enjoyment out of the game than stressing yourself needlessly on pushing for passing a barrier you don't want to pass given how things are setup to pass it.
It is not hard for me to get because i was doing t6 with 3 hrs into season 10. It is just boring to spend an hr like you did trying to complete the Set Dungeon. IMO Set Dungeons are boring af and that is why though the 10 seasons i have only gotten 0 tabs. But that is just me, if i dont like them i just dont do them but i still play seasons and enjoy them.
After reading the whiners about the stash tab being too hard I thought I would record and share my journey on getting my second tab this season on EU.

If you decided to record and share....where is the actual recording, youtube vid, twitch vod or whatever...ya know...so you can share it?

Or by 'record' did you mean just 'make up numbers on a forum post'?

I know the numbers you made up are POSSIBLE. I'm not trying to argue you're describing something unattainable. I just doubt you specifically did it.

And yes, we did notice that you posted with an alt to conceal the actual number of 'hours played' vs 'achievements earned' on whatever actual seasonal character you used.

I guess it doesn't matter if you have proof or not...it's not really relevant how quickly you did it. But that point has already been made by previous posters.

I just wanted to add that you're probably fabricating your 'achievement' for some misguided sense of epeen.

Why don't you have any Discipline on your gear?

I think you are an idiot or new to the DH.

Stop thinking it's because of the game.

Open your eyes, stop whinning, and try to get better, please.

How can it be normal to think "Omg it's too hard" before think "I should get a little bit better and retry it."

Edit: And LOL, you are 800+ Paragon.

Actually you are supposed to do 80+ rifts. Wtf are you doing with your keyboard when you are in game?

Paragon 800 and missing +Dicipline on all the required gear. No wonder his DH is bad
Also .. .those GEMS ahahahah
04/26/2017 03:03 PMPosted by IAM

Your using the wrong Bracer for Survivabiliy
Try this : https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/wraps-of-clarity

You wouldnt have stress if you Gem and Gear Properly. GR70 would be within your reach many guides are out there.
Try this build its a pretty basic Multishot Build. Make sure the stats on your Gear are correct as you are missing alot of Discipline
http://www.diablofans.com/builds/3137-multishot-dh-easy-gr75

I tend to main DH and i have successfully done a GR70 with all 4 of the DH sets, 5 if you include LoN
Linked below are some exmaple builds
http://www.diablofans.com/builds/79023-s6-gr-75-85-cluster-marauder
http://www.diablofans.com/builds/69873-2-4-gr92-dh-shadow-impale
http://www.diablofans.com/builds/3137-multishot-dh-easy-gr75
http://www.diablofans.com/builds/69836-2-4-gr-75-86-nats-fok-fulminator

All you need is guides to achieve what you want
Why are you complaining about a GR70 gate to get Primals. They're not going to help you if you don't know the game well enough to get to GR70 in the first place.

@IAM, a P800+ dh with an UE set should easily be able to complete a GR70 so the problem is that you're not taking advantage of the bonuses. If you look at the set bonuses, they state:
Gain 60% dr and deal 60% more damage if no enemy is within 10 yards, yet you're running a pain enhancer which gives you attack speed bonuses when you're within 20 yards. If you spend the rift trying to stay between 10 and 20 yards of everything you will fail.
Your generators, MS and veng deal 40% increased damage for every point of discipline you have. AT least you took Preparation: Invigoration for the 20 discipline, but you can roll 12 on each of the chest, bow and quiver - that's 36 more or 36*40 additional % damage you could get. If you replaced the chest, bow and quiver with Primals and still didn't try to get +disc on them, you'd still hit like a wet noodle.
As for defense, you're running cinder in the cube for RCR, presumably since you're missing so much damage you have to fire a lot more. Swap that out for Visage of Gunes for 50% damage reduction - you have enough CDR to almost have perma uptime on Veng: Seethe (you need close to 38% CDR with Dawn in the cube).
Finally, those gems! They're pretty useless for getting to GR70. If you like them for fun, so be it, but consider bane of the trapped, bane of the powerful (or bane of the stricken at higher GRs) and Zei's. Learn how they help and develop a strategy to benefit from slows to trigger trapped, skip small packs and go for elites to maintain powerful and keep your distance to benefit from zei's.
Keyblade posted some build links - definitely read them to see how others play and how you can get better and you'll hit GR70 in no time, though to be honest I can't imagine getting to P800+ with a character that is so gimped by not building around the set you chose.
You'll have the same problems if you try to play a shadow impale build without knowing what rotation works so you maintain dmg, defense and movement.
04/26/2017 02:42 PMPosted by Manitoba1073
Thats the reason why the gr70 gate is pure BS.

Build diversity still exists using lots of builds each and every class that can clear GR70. You don't need to follow the top build cookie cutter.