Whatever happened to PVP?

Brawling
I remember watching early videos before the game was released and they featured 2v2 matches and such, wtf happened to the pvp for this game? Anyone know?
https://www.nerfnow.com/comic/919
devs decided they didn't feel like it
I don't get why I got downvoted, I figured this was a legitimate concern considering some people bought it only for the pvp, including myself. These forums are such a joke.
04/27/2017 12:16 PMPosted by GaiusBaltar
devs decided they didn't feel like it

Not accurate. They finally admitted to themselves that implanting balanced PvPer was near impossible when they couldn't even design the game correctly in the first place.

Jay Wilson once said something along the lines shortly after release if they did not have a true PvP system in by the end of the year then they had failed miserably. Why do you think he was asked to move somewhere else in the company? Because he was out of control from a "PR" point of view and D3 had the worst reputation of any Blizzard game ever.

The next generation of devs eventually said something along the lines that making a balanced PvP system was near impossible and a waste of time so they were going to focus on other methods of game play that has some what of a competitive feel. And great news in 2.6 we get CHALLENGE RIFTS.....
04/27/2017 12:24 PMPosted by Microblast
I don't get why I got downvoted, I figured this was a legitimate concern considering some people bought it only for the pvp, including myself. These forums are such a joke.

May 15 marks the 5 year anniversary of D3. You are one thousand eight hundred and seven days, and at least that many forum threads, late to the "What, no PvP?" party.
04/27/2017 12:45 PMPosted by Bianchi4Me

May 15 marks the 5 year anniversary of D3. You are one thousand eight hundred and seven days, and at least that many forum threads, late to the "What, no PvP?" party.

Because they kept saying it was going to be updated later on, updated later on, updated later on, so where is it? They never addressed that they weren't going to add it did they? All they have is Brawl which is a f***** joke, they coulda made a esport with this game from pvp if they did it right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZrGE3VLiSk

http://www.diablofans.com/forums/diablo-iii-general-forums/pvp-discussion/86124-will-ever-be-pvp-in-this-game?page=11
I'm pretty sure they'll announce it tomorrow.
If you came to the forums and followed discussion more than once every 5 years, you would know that the discussion of PVP is over, and that it is a dead issue in this game. If you did indeed buy the game for the advertised PVP, then it seems to me you would have followed the development progress of it.

There are only 2 possibilities here: 1) you really are that ignorant, 2) you have made a piss poor attempt at trolling the forum.

Either way, it's a dead issue, and you should know it.
04/27/2017 12:30 PMPosted by Blitzcano
Not accurate.
Never more accurately self-descriptive...
04/27/2017 01:14 PMPosted by StonePro
If you came to the forums and followed discussion more than once every 5 years, you would know that the discussion of PVP is over, and that it is a dead issue in this game. If you did indeed buy the game for the advertised PVP, then it seems to me you would have followed the development progress of it.

There are only 2 possibilities here: 1) you really are that ignorant, 2) you have made a piss poor attempt at trolling the forum.

Either way, it's a dead issue, and you should know it.

Claiming discussions are over are the reasons wars start, by the way. Trying to silence something particular is subhuman and pathetic, ultimately selfish though. A consumer shouldn't need to follow into the chains of the dev team to realize the capability and admirations the game could have had and what it actually advertised what it would have, keep in mind this is a forum (a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.). Hence my question as to what happened with the pvp; The pvp was a feature that heavily attracted my attention into the game, considering they kept saying they were going to implement it later on and then later on and then nothing. And something I looked forward to playing with my friends on, but obviously they quit because of the joke that is Blizzard.

In conclusion go ride a bike or go do something productive with your life, your fat rolls are starting to add up.
Bianchi4Me the Troll King. All bow to the King.

Masterful trollage, Paragon 300 and claims the game is flawless and Blizzard are Gods that never do anything wrong. All praise the Troll King.

Don't worry Microblast, the intelligent people are that way *points towards exit*, you are traveling down a lonely road where you're headed.
Careful, the moderators are watching for anti-trolls.

Simply because anyone in their right mind would never pay a dime to their company again after what they pulled off. That doesn't leave many people left to pay for their dinner.

We all know trolls are the hungriest.
Just for sake of argument, take a look at your D3debug.txt

Demon Hunter level 70 aaLevel=875 pvpRank=1 flags=8388624 highestAct=OpenWorld highestSoloRift=80
HAHA, good one bro.

Everyone is number 1 to their mother.
March 2014 was the last official statement on it. http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/24/diablo-3-developer-gives-update-on-pvp

Speaking to IGN, lead producer Alex Mayberry explained that the conversation about how to smartly integrate PvP into the game was still being had regularly, though a resolution still appears to elude them.

"We are still talking about it," Mayberry admitted. "The thing to clarify is it has nothing to do with a lack of desire to do it. It really has to do with taking this game, underneath which lies an engine of randomness. With PvP, having everything be random and unbalanced isn’t what people want. So we have to find a way to really exploit the way the engine works in a way that doesn’t create a terribly unequal playing field.

"It’s something we still talk about, I mean I don’t think a week goes by without us discussing it. But with Reaper, we wanted to build on what we’d achieved with Diablo 3 and taking the game to that next level.

"PvP, if we do it, we’d have to go all in. That’s why it’s not in Reaper. But we’ll continue to look at it and, if we find a good solution, we’ll start down that road. Right now it’s sitting there on hold."

While the Devs have been directly asked since then the only thing they will say is "there is no information to give at this time". Very generic "don't ask again" sort of statement.
"We are still talking about it," Mayberry admitted. "The thing to clarify is it has nothing to do with a lack of desire to do it."

I kind of want to throw up, I don't like cleaning s*** up at my job, wtf, are there babies on the dev team? ........ Blizzard is such a joke now.

waaahhh I don't wanna!!! Why the f*** did they advertise it then?
04/27/2017 01:29 PMPosted by Hell
Bianchi4Me the Troll King. All bow to the King.

Masterful trollage, Paragon 300 and claims the game is flawless and Blizzard are Gods that never do anything wrong.

Me, Mr. Fanboy, today:

If we even had a super-primitive match-making system like the original Starcraft had, it would eliminate 90% of these problems by allowing people to create and briefly describe public games...
...Instead, because Blizzard completely, utterly, and spectacularly failed in this area, we have players squabbling simply because they think their personally preferred playstyle is somehow the only "right" way to play.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20754396544?page=2#post-21

If you actually participated in the forums instead of just dropping in to witlessly post your "Blizz Sux, lulz!" troll mess a few times a day, you wouldn't keep saying such incredibly goofy stuff.