$10 for Necromancer Pack

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
Average salary in the world. That gives you the answer-the world's average salary is $1,480 (£928) a month, which is just less than $18,000 (£11,291) a year.
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-17512040

Average is a worthless statistics, especially when talking about something as widely varying as salary. Everyone should really know better in this day and age.
Try median for a slightly more useful metric.

I have friends who have spent $1000 plus each on POE; in other words, $10-25 Necro DLC is a drop in the bucket.

Congrats, you know some whales!
Whales represent about 0.2% of a F2P playerbase. They are by no means representative of the entire population.

05/15/2017 07:37 PMPosted by SilverFox
Can't afford paying $10-25 for Necro DLC.?

It's not about what we can afford to pay. It's about what it's worth as a product.
05/15/2017 11:52 PMPosted by Thorgor

Whales represent about 0.2% of a F2P playerbase. They are by no means representative of the entire population.

Percentage statistics are equally worthless as averages.

It's not about what we can afford to pay. It's about what it's worth as a product.

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Are you really arguing that saying that 99.8% of F2P players don't spend absurd amount of money on their game is irrelevant to the matter at hand? If you are willing to be that dishonest, there is no point into arguing any further.

Average is a very misguiding statistics for wages because the vast majority of any given population makes less than the average wage. Median is more useful because it gives you the number that divides the population in two equal halves, meaning that exactly 50% of the population makes less than the median wages (and, you guessed it, median wages are always significantly lower than average wages.) The mode would probably be the more relevant statistics here, but it's hard to find it online.

05/16/2017 12:53 AMPosted by Replay

Agreed to an extent.
Competitors selling comparable products for significantly lower prices cannot completely be ignored, and neither can other products by the same company for the same game offering significantly more content.
That's why RotN will be priced somewhere in the $10~25 range unless somebody at Blizzard's has gone insane ($10 is what other companies ask for character packs, and $20 is half of what RoS, that has far more than double the content of RotN, used to cost (I'm willing to add $5 for the bs cosmetics because I'm feeling generous.))
From what I've seen of the necro so far, it's barely worth $10. If you really think it's worth $20~25, then fine, but don't try to justify it as anything but personal preference. Anything more than $25 is plain stupid.
05/16/2017 01:39 AMPosted by Thorgor

From what I've seen of the necro so far, it's barely worth $10. If you really think it's worth $20~25, then fine, but don't try to justify it as anything but personal preference. Anything more than $25 is plain stupid.

I agree as I know the quality won't be there and everything won't be executed correctly based on everything I've seen thus far.

Even if it's a complete failure and most everyone laughs at it leaving the game in one or two months, I'll still be good with paying 20 bucks.

If others chose not to buy it because they refuse to spend more than 3 or 10 bucks it won't affect me and I could care less.
Aside from the 2 new levels/areas, patch 2.6 and the Necro pack already failed.

No improvement to base mechanics or class balance or itemization or anything that is fundamentally important to making existing gameplay better.

The lack of a 5th anniversary is literally the final nail in this buried franchise.
Topic: DLC Price Point for Necromancer Pack
11/04/2016 03:58 PMPosted by BattleMalNet
10$, more would be brazen after killing the Diablo-Franchise

^Has 100+ upvotes yet the OP here has 40+ downvotes...

Diablo forum logic
Not buying.
Average salary in the world. That gives you the answer-the world's average salary is $1,480 (£928) a month, which is just less than $18,000 (£11,291) a year.
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-17512040

Right, you could just give yourself homework to do every night and go out and get a job. On average, people barely make minimum wage, and have to afford even less.

$1'000 + $200/month for a cell phone.
$300/month for home service.
$5'000 for a tv.
$3'000 for a computer.
$500 for a game console.
$100 for each game + few $100 more for playable content.
$30'000 for a car + $800/month to drive.
$2'000/month for rent.

How well do you eat?
Personaly I wont buy it. They should of focused on fixing what exists before the made necro. Another class that's geared in 3 days..not for me ty.
05/16/2017 12:53 AMPosted by Replay

You've got that REVERSED and under applied when speaking of D3, In your case it's one man's treasure and MANY others 'trash'

05/16/2017 07:28 AMPosted by Replay
05/16/2017 01:39 AMPosted by Thorgor

I agree as I know the quality won't be there and everything won't be executed correctly based on everything I've seen thus far.

Even if it's a complete failure and most everyone laughs at it leaving the game in one or two months, I'll still be good with paying 20 bucks.

If others chose not to buy it because they refuse to spend more than 3 or 10 bucks it won't affect me and I could care less.
That's right THROW your money away
05/15/2017 07:04 PMPosted by Replay
05/15/2017 05:04 PMPosted by Virus

Scotch is too expensive to binge off it doofus. That'd be as financially irresponsible as you buying one class for 25 bucks. Anyone that works for their money doesn't throw it away like that. Get lost kid, you're making a fool of yourself.

Scotch is for the enjoyment of its complexity. Total waste to drink it while drunk. One drink sober and done, nice warm buzz. Your response shows me you have no idea what you're talking about.

And wth about the conjecture that they haven't withheld anything. I can't prove they did and therefore you can't prove they didn't. Seriously dude...

There's absolutely nothing complex about scotch and it's only expensive if that's the route you chose to take. If you happen to be one of those crazy fools that gets up in his recliner wearing nothing but a bath robe and gets an insta-bone from sipping a shot poured from a bottle that you blew $5K on then that's your business.

Best of luck getting the DLC for only 3 bucks. I hope you have other things around the house you can indulge in besides your one hitta quitta expensive scotch.
You ain't gettin' it for 3 bucks dude.

HAHAHA!! You scream ignorance.. you gotta be a kid. You clearly have NEVER tried a good, refined scotch. And go ahead and throw your money down the toilet. Hell, go donate money to blizzard since you don't mind spending money on nothing.

You're perfectly content with paying premium for crap! You said so yourself! So... there really is no point in arguing with you. Just don't seem so shocked when people differ from your radical opinion. Because it is exactly that.
I would pay up to 100 but not more than that
$4.99 like starcraft 2 commanders.
Blizzard made Necromancer OP so they gonna set the price at 20$+ and they dont care if anyone disslike because every fanboy gonna buy it.
I will never pay for that crap because i have friend who got caught digging up stuff and he was !@#$%^-*!iac
D3 became stale long ago. If there is not significant gameplay content included with the necro then it is worthless to me. I don't care about character slots or stash tabs because the time and effort needed to use them is too detrimental - they would need to pay me to test it out for them.

I can't believe it has taken them THIS long to put one character together (talking close to a year or more before it's done?) so I'm going to guess they have more in store for this "necro pack" - probably some new areas, hopefully a new act or game mode.

Prices I would find reasonable:

Necro with stash tabs and character slots - $10 (wouldn't buy it)
All the above plus some new areas and sets for other characters - $20 (would consider)
All of the above plus a new act - $30 - $40 (expansion - would probably buy it)
I wouldn't give a bottle of piss for the Necro.
05/23/2017 08:34 PMPosted by JunkerHQ
I can't believe it has taken them THIS long to put one character together (talking close to a year or more before it's done?) so I'm going to guess they have more in store for this "necro pack" - probably some new areas, hopefully a new act or game mode.

Why keep guessing when you could search for information that has been out for a while?

The content of the necro pack has been known since the last Blizzcon 6 months ago: The necro, 2 stash tabs, 2 character slots, and a bunch of cosmetics.
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20324407/restoring-the-balance-necromancer-overview-11-4-2016

Patch 2.6 (the patch the necromancer will launch with) also contains 2 new zones and a new game mode named challenge rifts. Those won't be part of the necromancer pack and will be readily accessible to all RoS owners. You can check the preliminary patch notes here:
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20698502/necromancer-beta-now-live-5-23-2017#necromancer

RotN is a character pack, not an expansion. There will be no new act, only a new class.
Its worth about 2 bucks, at most. As it would only be like 5-6 hours of gameplay before getting to level 70 and realizing its just the same old crap as every other season has been.