Skull Grasp Question

Barbarian
I recently started up my barbarian again after having been away for a bit, and I'm wondering about Skull Grasp.

I have what appears to be a legacy Skull grasp with 330% damage to whirlwind. Back in the day people didn't use this because it was additive.

Now I hear Skull grasp is multiplicative. But I also see that it maxes out at 300%.

Is the legacy Skull grasp I have also multiplicative? Or is it essentially trash?
No, the legacy Skull Grasp is not multiplicative. It is not useable.
How do you know if it's legacy or not?
Legacy rolls up to 400%, new rolls up to 300%

Keep legacy SG it may come handy. Remember that most of our damage comes from WW now, not dust devils, 400% dibs is nothing to sneeze at.
05/22/2017 07:26 AMPosted by Makinsushi
How do you know if it's legacy or not?

The legacy Ring, had an affix of 300-400% Additive dmg.

The new ring , has an affix of 250%-300% dmg.

Before 2.4.3, you could equip both, although the legacy ring's contribution was immaterial.

With the 2.4.3. WotW 6p changes, they deactivated the option to equip both Legacy and new rings, cause this combination would be OP.

Therefore, any Legacy SG is totally thrash now.
Disagreed. Legacy gear is always good to keep. Especially with high percentage affix. I still have 2 of them, one gg ancient, one for possible future reforge (it will keep legacy status).

It is additive damage, yes. But WW deals more damage from skill these days. And the way is stacks Stricken may allow for WW to be single target damage, ironically, given developers inconsistency in changes and brightness of players minds that always are finding the best solution.

Never dispose of legacy gear.

Think of it this way. Legacy 300th was strongest DW Toss R6, legacy vanilla gear was best for IK HoTA globe Barb, and I kid you not, if I had legacy gear with HoTA RCR affixes, I could make Istvans HoTA with furnace in cube that would never run out of fury. You can use legacy Frostburns and Magefists in conjunction with new ones, you never now when stuff like this may come in handy.
I agree don't delete it if you have a good legacy ring. Keep it around just in case.

I'm not using it currently, but as S3 said, things may change.
just got a Skull Grasp:

70-146 damage
477 strength
7% attack speed
critical hit chance 5%

what should I remove to put a gem?
05/22/2017 02:42 PMPosted by snowBR
just got a Skull Grasp:

70-146 damage
477 strength
7% attack speed
critical hit chance 5%

what should I remove to put a gem?

Nada. Even if it has 300% WW damage, it's pretty terrible. I would need to have at least two of the following crucial stats: CHD, CHC, AD, CDR.

Cube it.
I thought they patched out skull grasp stacking.
05/22/2017 02:57 PMPosted by Free
Nada. Even if it has 300% WW damage, it's pretty terrible.

I know it is far from good, I was going to use it until I find a better one (I was using the obsidian ring in the cube). Just wasn't sure of removing the attack speed or the damage.
05/22/2017 04:18 PMPosted by Dza76Wutang
They did afaik.

But unless you are just severely desperate for inventory space, I would keep a legacy SG. You never know what might happen with these developers. Stick it on a follower you never use, like the Scoundrel. Won't hurt.
Testing
05/22/2017 06:09 PMPosted by Jako
05/22/2017 04:18 PMPosted by Dza76Wutang
They did afaik.

But unless you are just severely desperate for inventory space, I would keep a legacy SG. You never know what might happen with these developers. Stick it on a follower you never use, like the Scoundrel. Won't hurt.

By patching out stacking, does this mean that if I have a legacy SG equipped and the SG power in the cube too, I won't their effects stacking? Or is it is just the fact that you can't equip both legacy and current one that stops one from stacking them?
AFAIK the additive damage a legacy SG provides will not apply when a new SG is also worn or equipped in the cube.