How did you celebrate this Anniversary?

General Discussion
With the disparity of a 5th year anniversary, celebration for D3, I did myself a favour. Rather than sitting around, I looked around and....I gave $60 to PoE for the legacy pack.

Still early in the game and on the 4th or so quest but wow, wish I played it years earlier. I joined the beta in 2012 but never got into it. Looking forward to getting back in after work.

So how did you celebrate this years D3 anniversary?
Game anniversary? How much of a nerd are you? I think you need to get out a bit, maybe pay a hooker $60...
I am pretty sure the forums frown upon suggesting illegal activities.
I did the same thing I did for D3V and ROS Beta as well as the 25th Anniversary

I poured myself a glass of Captain Morgan and Coke and I played the game.

you know, I downloaded PoE when it first came out, and played it for about 2 weeks, hoping it would be as good as D2 was. I still laugh every time I see one of these threads, as it just isn't.

D3 has it's issues, we all know that, my biggest pet peeve is no skill tree and being forced into certain builds if you want to get to a high level but...

It is still better than PoE
05/17/2017 06:26 AMPosted by Luciffer

you know, I downloaded PoE when it first came out, and played it for about 2 weeks, hoping it would be as good as D2 was. I still laugh every time I see one of these threads, as it just isn't.

D3 has it's issues, we all know that, my biggest pet peeve is no skill tree and being forced into certain builds if you want to get to a high level but...

It's come a long way dude, you should give it a try again, you'll be surprised.

The mistake with D3 is thinking it's an ARPG. Get into the right frame of mind and understand that it's simply a glorified version of the arcade Gauntlet.

Oh well, apples to oranges.
Once I'm into the game a little further, I'm planning to purchase the $440 Phoenix support pack. Great game and the company's passion shows.

It's too bad Blizz did not take the appropriate strategy in milking this ace franchise but took every opportunity to fail.
05/17/2017 07:36 AMPosted by PowerCosmic
Once I'm into the game a little further, I'm planning to purchase the $440 Phoenix support pack. Great game and the company's passion shows.

It's too bad Blizz did not take the appropriate strategy in milking this ace franchise but took every opportunity to fail.

Already have Phoenix armor, + phoenix wings - looks awesome !
05/17/2017 05:51 AMPosted by PowerCosmic
With the disparity of a 5th year anniversary, celebration for D3, I did myself a favour. Rather than sitting around, I looked around and....I gave $60 to PoE for the legacy pack.

Still early in the game and on the 4th or so quest but wow, wish I played it years earlier. I joined the beta in 2012 but never got into it. Looking forward to getting back in after work.

I logged onto D3. Realized it's not a Diablo game. Then like you I logged back on PoE to work on my Challenges before the season was over. I've also given GGG more money through buying supporter packs than i've spent on all Blizzard games combined.
Then like you I logged back on PoE to work on my pointless Challenges

fixed!,

i have been selling orbs on my bot accounts to web sites for cash, ah i love POE and its awful cheat detection
05/17/2017 07:28 AMPosted by PowerCosmic
05/17/2017 06:26 AMPosted by Luciffer

It's come a long way dude, you should give it a try again, you'll be surprised.

The mistake with D3 is thinking it's an ARPG. Get into the right frame of mind and understand that it's simply a glorified version of the arcade Gauntlet.

Oh well, apples to oranges.

Do not mess with the chicken.
ONly going to be a matter of time until you realize that PoE is a very poor clone of D2.

GGG is even more ruthless than Blizzard in terms of sucking hordes of money out of players, sorta makes me laugh!
05/17/2017 08:20 AMPosted by Demonmonger
ONly going to be a matter of time until you realize that PoE is a very poor clone of D2.

GGG is even more ruthless than Blizzard in terms of sucking hordes of money out of players, sorta makes me laugh!

How do you know if you dont playing this game ? Few days ago you blatantly lied about "few" builds capable to do t16 maps ...
I played a lot of game in my life, spend a lot of time in the game forum's and only in this game forum i met so dumb, troll, childish posts like yours and few others trolls with multiple accounts.

Good for you. Finished 3rd act in PoE yesterday. Got rocked but did it. I love the game and effort. Super easy to see past the graphics when you know the depth of the game you're playing. I'm gonna get a pack from them soon too just to show my support. The little guy - independent developers deserve it more than the Bobby Kotick led dumpsterfire that is this game.
I love how finding a bunch of useless items 99% of the time can be considered depth to some people.

Not saying PoE is crap (though it is a poor D2 clone overall), but the logic some of you people have is, interesting.

You have that same depth in D3 with 7-8 builds for each class, but you allow yourself to get so fixated on pushing GR's that you burn yourself out rather than enjoy the builds. That is nobodies fault but your own. As you advance in PoE into the mapping system, you are going to realize that much of the same will happen, so be prepared to feel a burnout as builds you want to play are going to be crap because you will want to get to higher and higher maps.
05/17/2017 09:48 AMPosted by Demonmonger
You have that same depth in D3 with 7-8 builds for each class, but you allow yourself to get so fixated on pushing GR's that you burn yourself out rather than enjoy the builds.
This x100!

Pushing GRs just to reach another identical GR just behind, with simply bigger numbers.
05/17/2017 06:16 AMPosted by kwittstruck
I am pretty sure the forums frown upon suggesting illegal activities.

Not illegal in Vegas

Didn't you post recently that you would be willing to pay $900 for the Necro DLC? The irony is delicious.
Grim Dawn > PoE (should be called PoS?)

I love D3, i just like to spread my time between games and at the moment, I can't get off Grim Dawn.

I also enjoy when people get 100's and thousand of hours from a game they essentially payed $100 for then get burnout and complain about the game....
If its so bad, why did you play it for so long? Just quit or take a break?

I bought a music CD when i was younger, i didn't like it so i didn't listen to it.
End of story.
I felt no need to listen to it hundreds of times and then !@#$% and moan to everyone about how bad it was.
Maybe music was never important in your life, with games being weighted lightly because your time spent isn't heavy.

Pay your own bills, maybe it'll help.
05/17/2017 02:56 PMPosted by Deathkiss
Didn't you post recently that you would be willing to pay $900 for the Necro DLC? The irony is delicious.

You mean this one?
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20751525104?page=21#post-405

Here, let me help you get educated:
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sarcasm