Rhykker First Comparison of Poe to D3

Games & Technology
1 2 3 6 Next
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mDiT8WNMLI&t

Rhykker giving for the first time an honest Comparison between both games. love this guy vids.
Well let me just watch this video from start to end and tell you what I think. be back in a few.

EDIT:

Well I am happy to report that the video was basically spot on. I'd love to force the D3 devs watch this video every monday morning so that they can get some of those really baseline concepts through their thick heads.....

It's good to see Rhykker broadcast that D3 is comparably predictable and unsurprising and tailored for little casuals who are reluctant to even interact with each other...
I think he does a fair job assessing the two games, but there is an underlying issue which he just kinda glanced over. If what he says about the D3 devs is true, there is a very large disconnect between the players of D3 and the Devs. The players don't consider D3 "good enough, now go into maintenance." I play D3 because I think it's fun on a foundational level, and because I think it has so much more room to grow. If the Developers can't see that second element, then all of the negative commentary about the game will be true. D3 still has the chance to be a fabulous game that turns in even more revenue for Blizzard. The problem is they're either unwilling or unable to put in the time/creativity to do so.
I dont think hes in a position to judge PoE or even compare them. Hes in Cruel difficulty. Nowhere near endgame maps, bosses, or getting decent gear. Its like judging D3 without touching rifts grifts bounties.
Still sounds like a D3 fanboy defending the game no matter what though.

Blizzard has no budget for D3 to produce new content
Blizzard has no dedicated D3 team to work on the game
Just goes on and on
05/20/2017 02:27 PMPosted by Esm
I dont think hes in a position to judge PoE or even compare them. Hes in Cruel difficulty. Nowhere near endgame maps, bosses, or getting decent gear. Its like judging D3 without touching rifts grifts bounties.

thing with endgame path if you don't trade with ppl to get the gear you want your in a hard grind to get the gear you need in order to not get 1 shotted from countless enemy affexes that the final difficulty brings to the table.

D3 has a high focus on damage, POE has a high focus on elemental resistences
05/20/2017 02:17 PMPosted by Brogoth
The players don't consider D3 "good enough, now go into maintenance." I play D3 because I think it's fun on a foundational level, and because I think it has so much more room to grow. If the Developers can't see that second element, then all of the negative commentary about the game will be true. D3 still has the chance to be a fabulous game that turns in even more revenue for Blizzard.

Overall the players DO consider D3 good enough and often praise the devs for heaping in so many "extras" after the vanilla game launched. They are (staggering majority...) casuals being satisfied by a game built to please casuals, as Rhykker explained.

Sadly I can report to you that the devs truly cant see the second element of "seeing the game as something that can be something WAAAAY bigger" (or are not honestly permitted to really act on seeing it, by the big stupid decision makers in charge....)

Because that is EXACTLY how a cluster of forum goers including me, saw the game way back in 2012.... and I am also sad to say long before even that when the beta testers were being gagged and culled and punted out the door as good ideas were being destroyed and disposed of so they saw it long before even then....

"you can't buy good ideas" said Rhykker, and hence my praise for Rhykker's video, instead of my usual dismissal of his content as the flimsy praise of an idiot fan-boy.

now, 5 years after launch it can be seen that it was all hope for nothing, and basically all of the negative commentary was justified already...

I weep for this game and for the Diablo franchise name being farmed out for cheap mainstream money, when it was such a treasure among the RPG community so long ago.
05/20/2017 02:27 PMPosted by Esm

Yea... Cruel is pretty scrub level difficulty, only hard for new players. The game doesn't really get 'hard' until you start doing high tier maps, or finding out your build sucks when you can't finish Act 2 Merciless because of bramble cobras

Ah well they'll play whatever they want I guess
Ya, he definitely needs to play PoE at the end game level before making comparisons. I actually think he should take that video down until he does. I also hope that he plays PoE solo as much as possible and doesn't accept tons of uber handouts from other players who may view his stream.

There are good and bad points to be made for each game.
I couldn't sit throught the whole thing. After awhile all I heard was bla bla bla
Five years later and people are still figuring out that D3 is casual...

FFS.
blah blah blah. could care less.
Good video.

Diablo II is still better.
Nice to see other players hopping on the PoE wagon like myself. Diablo fans deserve better:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20754936214#post-1
At least he admitted that D3 was designed for casuals.
05/20/2017 04:27 PMPosted by diablojoe
I couldn't sit throught the whole thing. After awhile all I heard was bla bla bla

That's a perfect answer from Diablo 3's target audience.
And if you base your decisions on what these streamers have to say then I have a couple of bridges I'm just dying to sell to you. Normal gamers could give a damn less what these 15 mins of fame seekers think about games in general. We can actually think and discover for ourselves whether a game is good or bad, hard or easy. I don't need a streamer to tell me anything. I play, I like, I stay. If not I leave based all on my own exp. To all fans of these streamers, I'll give you discounts on those bridges ;)
05/20/2017 01:55 PMPosted by Shurgosa
Well let me just watch this video from start to end and tell you what I think. be back in a few.

EDIT:

Well I am happy to report that the video was basically spot on. I'd love to force the D3 devs watch this video every monday morning so that they can get some of those really baseline concepts through their thick heads.....

It's good to see Rhykker broadcast that D3 is comparably predictable and unsurprising and tailored for little casuals who are reluctant to even interact with each other...

The funny thing with D3 is that the build variation for end game content (Torment 13) is actually quite deep.

We all know that optimization is poor, I swear to God that D4 better be way deeper and actually feel like your character is special and tooled to your liking.
05/20/2017 08:25 PMPosted by Demonmonger

We all know that optimization is poor, I swear to God that D4 better be way deeper and actually feel like your character is special and tooled to your liking.

I just don't think Blizzard has what it takes to make a true ARPG anymore. They lost it a long time ago. Sadly, D4 will likely be similar to D3 with flashier graphics.
05/20/2017 08:52 PMPosted by PowerCosmic
05/20/2017 08:25 PMPosted by Demonmonger

I just don't think Blizzard has what it takes to make a true ARPG anymore. They lost it a long time ago. Sadly, D4 will likely be similar to D3 with flashier graphics.

With the direction most of Blizzard err Activisions games are going, they are dropping the role playing part of games and going for team/league competitive games.