Blizzard, you make me sad :(

General Discussion
I want to play a diablo game but at this point D2s graphics are pretty outdated and I have level 90+s of each class geared to the teeth. Over the decades I've made every build from a tank bear druid to a poison spear javazon and even soloed uber trist with a melee sorc. At this point there isn't anything left to do. D2 for me was a major part of growing up and, as much as I love it, that game is done which brings me to D3.

As stated above I want to play a DIABLO game. I don't want classes with 120 second cooldowns, cookie cutter builds, and endless rifting with nothing to actually test my character instead of just higher arbitrary numbers. Even challenge rifts are not MY character. I haven't even played one and it already looks boring. I know PVP is a dead horse that is now goop from being beaten so many times but I knew my character was good when my bear druid could tank a fire sorc and 1 shot her. Baal and chaos runs were not the end game for D2 it was amassing riches and collecting scrubs ears. There isn't even a measure of wealth in D2 as everyone wears the same gear with higher or lower numbers that you can add more numbers to.

The necro isn't even a necro, It's just a hydra wizard who can have more hydras that are in the shape of skeleton mages. There really isnt a pet build, true curses, and corpse explosion is kinda meh. I really wan't to just sink hours and years into a true blizzard diablo sequel where you have me by the short curly hairs and I throw money at you. Please, make a real D4 we as gamers who have been here since D1 can appreciate. You'll make your profits if you make a great game just put in the work and LISTEN for a change. D3 beta was a prime example of nobody listening with Jay "f that loser" Wilson and it only got worse from there. I feel like this game was more of a money grab than anything. At the very least, if you aren't willing to devote anything to actually making a diablo game, sell the rights to a company who will and make your last buck off the series.
Try PoE, it's the truest successor to D2. D3 is it's own game, only sharing a common name with it's predecessors, and that is an absolute.
Ive put in about 500 hours into poe, yeah I'm gonna go back when the giant FREE expansion hits but it's not tickling my fancy at the moment
05/23/2017 06:51 AMPosted by PowerCosmic
Try PoE, it's the truest successor to D2. D3 is it's own game, only sharing a common name with it's predecessors, and that is an absolute.

Really? I heard about PoE b4 D2 came out. Something about preppy comic-book store owners hating D&D.
Diablo 2 is having its ladder reset on May 30th. I know you said you've played it a bunch, but a new ladder only happens every 6 months, and it's always fun to push hard for a day or 2 IMO.

And also PoE is worth a shot. It's not very good at first impressions but the end game content is more what you want. Lots of different ways to test your character.
I don't play poe, but it looks like the type of gaming experience you would like op. Edit see you have played it and are waiting for the xpak,think I'll give it try then too.
I don't mean to hate, but PoE is a gnarly lump of crap. I get that it's really deep, and complex, and that is has a ton of content, but everything about it feels off. I'm talking about animations, point of view, size of characters and monsters, graphics, sounds, items, combat... everything feels off! A half an hour told me all I needed to know about that game and made me appreciate Diablo 3 all the much more.
^ a soft lump of crap, more specifically...
05/23/2017 11:01 AMPosted by Hoodling
I don't mean to hate, but PoE is a gnarly lump of crap. I get that it's really deep, and complex, and that is has a ton of content, but everything about it feels off. I'm talking about animations, point of view, size of characters and monsters, graphics, sounds, items, combat... everything feels off! A half an hour told me all I needed to know about that game and made me appreciate Diablo 3 all the much more.

I love people that play RPG's for 30 mins and think that it "tells you all you have to know". Just FYI no it didn't. If you played 30 mins you didn't even get through 1/10 acts. You didn't even have enough skills to get a real feel of the game play.

If you don't like it that's fine, but just know you don't know anything about the game from playing 30 mins of it.
05/23/2017 04:44 PMPosted by AshyLarry
05/23/2017 11:01 AMPosted by Hoodling

I love people that play RPG's for 30 mins and think that it "tells you all you have to know". Just FYI no it didn't. If you played 30 mins you didn't even get through 1/10 acts. You didn't even have enough skills to get a real feel of the game play.

If you don't like it that's fine, but just know you don't know anything about the game from playing 30 mins of it.

Well he knew he didnt like or want to play it, and that was probably all he needed to know.

And i have to agree with him.
And like I said I don't care if he does or doesn't like it. But don't tell me you know enough after 30 mins. You don't know !@#$ after 30 mins.
That is absolutely true. 30 min of your time doesn't mean jack squat in PoE, along with ARPG's in general; all games for that matter.

That's the thing with dungeon crawls; it's a tolling marathon. If you actually line up all the script in PoE, it's barely a few pages, as far as released content goes.

Typically, as ARPG's go, they stretch out the gameplay further by making it really difficult and make finding decent gear so overdrawn.

I would've appreciated PoE much more if it was more like the 2nd Diablo One, instead of chalking up D2 graphics with better rendering. The map isn't as big as it easily could've been, with the potential to have so much more to do. It's just restricted (small) space, an immense character, obstacles thrown around (restricted & confined space) everywhere, and everything has been flattened. The reflective roofing of the boarder terrain was interesting.

Some people do forget the notion of quest grinding, because, "that is the game."

A game can be immense and interactive without trailing other names, such as WoW.

If graphics are, so to speak, an addition, why is the actual gameplay still lacking?

Originally, games, like everything else, requires proper facilitation. However, in terms of patent, "games," refer to what you play; which, should include, the playing of it.

To simplify gauging gameplay, start with the actual completion time, as in, "what is completing the game." Taking D3, as an example: strip it all down; it is literally the trail from Fallen Star to Malthael. In a nut shell, D3 is the Sprinter Achievement. The one brought back as Season 10's Conquest, which most people can't do because of how bugged it still is; what Story Mode is notoriously known for. After considering the actual completion, in contrast to how long it actually takes, the next step, in terms of, generalizing overall gameplay, is, "in how many ways can it be done," and, "how diverse is that." If it is a good game, there should, also be, "what else can you do," as in, "how else can you play."
05/23/2017 08:07 PMPosted by AshyLarry
And like I said I don't care if he does or doesn't like it. But don't tell me you know enough after 30 mins. You don't know !@#$ after 30 mins.

Calm down fanboi

You can easily learn within 30 minutes if you don't like the style/environment/control scheme/camera/inventory system etc etc etc

There have been many a game after less than an hour i've said to myself "yup, not puttin up with this crap" and moved on

Just because YOU like it to the point of blindness, doesn't mean everyone else is obligated to
05/23/2017 09:43 PMPosted by Arawn
Just because YOU like it to the point of blindness, doesn't mean everyone else is obligated to
True but doesn't mean you're right either.
05/23/2017 11:09 AMPosted by dogma420
^ a soft lump of crap, more specifically...

Diarrhea.
I want to play a diablo game but at this point D2s graphics are pretty outdated and I have level 90+s of each class geared to the teeth. Over the decades I've made every build from a tank bear druid to a poison spear javazon and even soloed uber trist with a melee sorc. At this point there isn't anything left to do. D2 for me was a major part of growing up and, as much as I love it, that game is done which brings me to D3.

As stated above I want to play a DIABLO game. I don't want classes with 120 second cooldowns, cookie cutter builds, and endless rifting with nothing to actually test my character instead of just higher arbitrary numbers. Even challenge rifts are not MY character. I haven't even played one and it already looks boring. I know PVP is a dead horse that is now goop from being beaten so many times but I knew my character was good when my bear druid could tank a fire sorc and 1 shot her. Baal and chaos runs were not the end game for D2 it was amassing riches and collecting scrubs ears. There isn't even a measure of wealth in D2 as everyone wears the same gear with higher or lower numbers that you can add more numbers to.

The necro isn't even a necro, It's just a hydra wizard who can have more hydras that are in the shape of skeleton mages. There really isnt a pet build, true curses, and corpse explosion is kinda meh. I really wan't to just sink hours and years into a true blizzard diablo sequel where you have me by the short curly hairs and I throw money at you. Please, make a real D4 we as gamers who have been here since D1 can appreciate. You'll make your profits if you make a great game just put in the work and LISTEN for a change. D3 beta was a prime example of nobody listening with Jay "f that loser" Wilson and it only got worse from there. I feel like this game was more of a money grab than anything. At the very least, if you aren't willing to devote anything to actually making a diablo game, sell the rights to a company who will and make your last buck off the series.

Can only agree here...especially with the marked.
Cooldowns , stacks and other !@#$ty mechanics have nothing to do with diablo.
05/23/2017 09:43 PMPosted by Arawn
05/23/2017 08:07 PMPosted by AshyLarry

Calm down fanboi

You can easily learn within 30 minutes if you don't like the style/environment/control scheme/camera/inventory system etc etc etc

There have been many a game after less than an hour i've said to myself "yup, not puttin up with this crap" and moved on

LOL! The irony of you calling me blind is hilarious. Considering you're criticizing a game that you haven't played... I think you need to look in the mirror kid.

And no I'm not a "fanboy" lol. I'm actually quite objective with these games. If there's any franchise I can be accused of being a "fanboy" of it's DIablo. And I'm not a fan of D3. So what does that tell you?

And also how am I the fanboy when you're entering someone's thread just to !@#$ on PoE? The things OP wants are available in PoE, but not D3. So I suggested he try it. It's the over sensitive D3 fans that get their panties in a bunch anytime someone even recommends them try PoE, because of their own insecurities over the state of D3. It's quite sad.

So the minute someone recommends PoE the D3 fanboys have to !@#$ on it (even the ones that haven't played it like you). It's really quite pathetic.
For the record, I have looked into PoE many times, even gone so far as to download it and get started. Really didn't take me long to say "this isn't for me" for some reason it was giving me an old conan vibe and yeah... just not my cup of tea.

Now read, carefully, what I just said.

The game generated an interest, I checked it out, I did not enjoy it PERSONALLY so I didn't continue to play it. Never once did I go on the forums with a PoE suxxors rant, never once have I posted here about PoE sucking.

I have simply stated: It is not to my liking, I won't be playing it.

Do you go to restaurants and force others to order food other than what they wanted, then berate them for not enjoying your culinary suggestions? This absurd example being used to stress the point and hopefully get you to pull back a little and see how ridiculous it's starting to get.

Posted by Arawn
True but doesn't mean you're right either.
:edit, quoting fail, this is directed @LazyNCrazy:

About what? You kinda dropped the ball on identifying anything legitimate here, other than to say you don't agree, but don't list what you don't agree about.
05/24/2017 09:23 PMPosted by AshyLarry
And no I'm not a "fanboy" lol. I'm actually quite objective with these games. If there's any franchise I can be accused of being a "fanboy" of it's DIablo. And I'm not a fan of D3. So what does that tell you?

If you don't like the shoes, stop working so hard to fit them to your feet.

The method is what is earning you the title, drop the rage, calm down, speak rationally, and it'll no longer apply.

or is your ego that fragile you just can't handle it? :D