Some QoL suggestions for future patch.

General Discussion
I just wanted to provide some input regarding some QoL improvements that I'd like to see in D3 in the future. It's a small list, but these would really help out a lot. I'm not sure if other people have posted these before, but here goes:

1. QoL - Allow Options>Gameplay>Check box for "Allow click through minimap". Use a modifier key to move the minimap in its place.

2. QoL - While using channeled skills, like Whirlwind, disable hover popups on UI. Right now if you channel Whirlwind and hover over your health on accident, you stop whirlwinding channel and stand still. In higher GRifts, this is instant death.

3. QoL - Factor in the %Physical/Elemental rolls on items to character sheet damages. In other words, if I roll "Cold Skills deal 20% more damage" on a pair of bracers, it's really difficult to know without some kind of spreadsheet whether that item is an actual upgrade compared to some other item because that damage type isn't factored in with the on-hover tool-tips at all.

4. QoL - Autopickup of crafting materials. I know this one has been asked for multiple times, but after a couple years of Diablo 3, picking up crafting materials isn't as "epic-feeling" as picking up items. I don't think it will ever be as epic as the feeling of looting items, so I'm listing this here as, of course, a personal suggestion.

Thanks for allowing me to suggest some QoL upgrades!
I like the idea of auto picking up crafting materials i wish they would implement that, also auto loot death breaths.

As far as the elemental part of your suggestion all you have to remember is your elemental damage will scale with your actual damage. So in essence all you need is one elemental item equipped then your natural damage increase will scale up elemental damge, not adding more elemental on top of what you already have. A damage upgrade will also upgrade it.

One qol id like to suggest is to give us the ability to take an extra passive if we dont use an ability. I have a number of builds that dont need all my abilities so not using one should allow us to pick an extra passive.
Auto-pickup of crafting materials (DBs included) would make many people happy. If you don't want this in the game, please say why.

Also, I'd like to add one to your list.

5. When you add an item into the Enchanter, it should remain there when moving through the different tabs. For example. I put something in to Transmog it, then it stays in there when I move to the dye tab.
Gems too.

in fact a feature where you can set what to auto grab would be good. I would set mine to auto grab EVERYTHING and then just run to town to salvage once the bags are full.

Later once i'm geared or when i'm running bounties I would turn off whites, yellows and blues and auto grab all else.
...oooorr, everything gets mailed to you on a spreadsheet, that you can sort through within 30 days or more. It would drop-proof loot losses??
-Remove crafting/identifying timer. You still have to craft and identify stuff, but no timer please.

- Create a space in the material tab for regular gems (at least the 2 most common base form once you reach level 70).

- I understand the idea of repairing armor and durability. The repair cost is also nothing once you have multiple billions. Can we just have auto-repair when we go to the armorer if there are sufficient gold to pay for repairs (just like you get full health right away when you go see the healer)?

- Red beam for primal ancient legendaries.

- Allow to reroll all stats on a primal for increasingly higher costs. I've came close twice of getting primals that could be used for my DH, but they lacked the stats I needed (Kagero is my main DH, but Tatsumaki is my display for primals). Tatsumaki has 2 UE pieces that I can't use. Somewhat frustrating to see primals not being useable...
Two that I would like to add to the list

1. Get rid of stupid progress orbs. No items drops in GR's because it is a focus on killing monsters and finishing in time, this is just a stupid artificial time sink.

2. Remove cap on blood shards or increase it drastically. Sometimes I run a support char, and I want to use the mats on my main. It's a real pain every three runs to tell the group, "hold on I gotta switch chars to roll shards on my main". The old line "then people will just hoard them until a new patch hits!!!!!" doesn't hold water anymore when they can just hoard a relatively limitless number of cube mats to roll new gear.

06/01/2017 10:34 AMPosted by acidrain
4. QoL - Autopickup of crafting materials. I know this one has been asked for multiple times, but after a couple years of Diablo 3, picking up crafting materials isn't as "epic-feeling" as picking up items. I don't think it will ever be as epic as the feeling of looting items, so I'm listing this here as, of course, a personal suggestion.

A good compromise on this one is to have a checkbox in the options menu. This way players who don't want to spend time picking up mats can have their pet do it for them, and the players that get joy from picking up all those mats still can.
In a game that is almost completely starved of choices, this would be one that will
give both sides what they want.
06/01/2017 03:04 PMPosted by QBBQ
I understand the idea of repairing armor and durability. The repair cost is also nothing once you have multiple billions. Can we just have auto-repair when we go to the armorer if there are sufficient gold to pay for repairs (just like you get full health right away when you go see the healer)?

Another reason I wish mods (to a certain extent) could be added to D3. I love the auto repair mods in games like Skyrim. Someone could also just create an auto-pickup mod.
06/01/2017 01:12 PMPosted by Mattman
Auto-pickup of crafting materials (DBs included) would make many people happy. If you don't want this in the game, please say why.

Also, I'd like to add one to your list.

5. When you add an item into the Enchanter, it should remain there when moving through the different tabs. For example. I put something in to Transmog it, then it stays in there when I move to the dye tab.

That's a great idea. I like it!

06/01/2017 02:04 PMPosted by Prology
Gems too.

in fact a feature where you can set what to auto grab would be good. I would set mine to auto grab EVERYTHING and then just run to town to salvage once the bags are full.

Later once i'm geared or when i'm running bounties I would turn off whites, yellows and blues and auto grab all else.

I love ARPGs, and I have seen only a handful of games that do this, I think PoE does this, and Van Helsing and Grim Dawn also do this. Please correct if I'm wrong. I enjoyed that, too. In Grim Dawn, you could specify which items of rarity you didn't want to see at all!

I also do like the idea of re-rolling Primals that @QBBQ mentioned.

You guys have come up with some pretty good stuff. Keep it coming, and perhaps the Diablo team will take notice. Also, thanks for keeping the discussion civil!
06/02/2017 06:49 AMPosted by acidrain
I think PoE does this

Nah, PoE is quite old school as far as picking up loot and inventory management are concerned. It kinda have loot filter though.

IIRC, Sacred 2 had a "radius pickup" feature (a single press of a button would pick up every items in a large radius around your character, and you could customize it to ignore certain item rarities). That (and the soundtrack) is the only good thing I can remember about this game.
One thing id like to add is to let us buy crafting materials with blood shards. On many of my chars i dont need to gamble for kadala gear i need mats to reroll, upgrade etc. Blood shards need to have a wider range of uses instead of just gambling.
one thing they can do is buff and fix other class sets.
Sadly, it looks like forum trolls are just spamming downvotes on people's posts. Is there not a way to provide this feedback directly to the Diablo team without trolls having access to spam downvotes for literally no reason on non-game-changing QoL suggestions?

3. QoL - Factor in the %Physical/Elemental rolls on items to character sheet damages. In other words, if I roll "Cold Skills deal 20% more damage" on a pair of bracers, it's really difficult to know without some kind of spreadsheet whether that item is an actual upgrade compared to some other item because that damage type isn't factored in with the on-hover tool-tips at all.

If you equip the item and then open the details panel and hover over your cold damage it tells you how much dps of that element you have.
06/03/2017 03:21 AMPosted by Kallizk

If you equip the item and then open the details panel and hover over your cold damage it tells you how much dps of that element you have.

This is not at all what I'm talking about. I'm talking about tool-tips on damage. I can learn that I have a total of 120% Physical damage. However, when you have an amulet that has CHD and CHC and it says on the tool-tip "3.4% damage" you know the item is an upgrade. Now re-roll that same item to give "20% Physical Damage" instead and the tool-tip will now say it is no longer an upgrade. That is because it does not factor Physical or Elemental damage into the tooltip. It will say this regardless of what attribute you re-roll (doesn't necessarily have to be CHD or CHC, since those usually stay on items).
I play hardcore and one thing I'd really like is to have a much smaller notification window when a teammate enters a boss fight. Currently, the notification takes up a lot of real estate in the center of the screen and if I'm doing split bounties for example at a higher level and in a big fight I can't really see whats going on behind.

I admit it only takes a second to accept or deny but a second can be death or life in hardcore.
I just have 2 suggestions for the new patch that I would like to see. On the profile page where you can see stats , why not add Greater Rifts completed under Nephalem Rifts completed and another for the new Challenge Rifts coming up in the new patch? Since when you complete a NR you get 1 or 2 rift stones there is no accurate way to count.Currently I have to use a scratchpad to count my GR's. There are already 2 spots available on the profile page.

Another is to adjust the drop rate for Primals. Yeah I know it should not be easy, but I have only gotten 3 primals ( nothing I can use ) in over 200 hours of game play. It took me 111 GR63's , 195 NR's and 112 Bounties for a total of 811 items just to get my last primal. Due to this I am getting bored running the same things day after day with no change.

Thanks everyone.
06/03/2017 01:55 PMPosted by Divemaster
I just have 2 suggestions for the new patch that I would like to see. On the profile page where you can see stats , why not add Greater Rifts completed under Nephalem Rifts completed and another for the new Challenge Rifts coming up in the new patch? Since when you complete a NR you get 1 or 2 rift stones there is no accurate way to count.Currently I have to use a scratchpad to count my GR's. There are already 2 spots available on the profile page.

Another is to adjust the drop rate for Primals. Yeah I know it should not be easy, but I have only gotten 3 primals ( nothing I can use ) in over 200 hours of game play. It took me 111 GR63's , 195 NR's and 112 Bounties for a total of 811 items just to get my last primal. Due to this I am getting bored running the same things day after day with no change.

Thanks everyone.

I'm finding it hard to get primals in the first place. Can't seem to get to GR70 no matter how hard I try.
06/03/2017 07:52 AMPosted by acidrain
06/03/2017 03:21 AMPosted by Kallizk

This is not at all what I'm talking about. I'm talking about tool-tips on damage. I can learn that I have a total of 120% Physical damage. However, when you have an amulet that has CHD and CHC and it says on the tool-tip "3.4% damage" you know the item is an upgrade. Now re-roll that same item to give "20% Physical Damage" instead and the tool-tip will now say it is no longer an upgrade. That is because it does not factor Physical or Elemental damage into the tooltip. It will say this regardless of what attribute you re-roll (doesn't necessarily have to be CHD or CHC, since those usually stay on items).

I think you misunderstood his advice. It is good advice.

He is not talking about seeing that you have 120% physical. Hover your cursor on the word "physical damage" and you will see your actual physical dmg as number not percentage. Say you have 1.000.000 sheet dmg and 120% physical. Your displayed physical dmg will be 2.200.000.

This is what people use to compare items with elemental%. Elemental% cannot be included in the tool-tips because it applies only to skills with that element.
4. QoL - Autopickup of crafting materials.
i would go with Pick up ALL Greater rift keys at the SAME TIME.

06/02/2017 11:54 AMPosted by Sinewave
buy crafting materials
oh hell. i would pay 100m for 100 db because its harder to come by than gold itself, lmao.