Diablo 4 - World of Diablo MMORPG in development

Games & Technology
Prev 1 6 7 8
06/21/2017 12:39 AMPosted by Romano
Now why would Blizzard have two games compete for the same playerbase with D4 and WoW? Makes no sense.

They did this before, by releasing star craft a 2nd RTS title along side their crown jewel warcraft.
06/21/2017 12:39 AMPosted by Romano
Now why would Blizzard have two games compete for the same playerbase with D4 and WoW? Makes no sense.
because wow is ending!!!!
06/21/2017 12:47 AMPosted by Brian808
will never happen unless people stop playing wow project titan didn't happen because of wow
people have stopped playing wow
Amazes me how many peeps say no do not turn the Diablo franchise into mmorpg. But I really do not see that big of a deal with it. To me it makes sense for Blizzard and the community. Blizz gets to monetize it while the community gets regular content that everyone is wishing for. Plus the OG Dev team had planned the orginal D3 would be a mmorpg. So peeps saying no to it going mmo guess you are happy with a game every 10-15 years then. The other thing peeps say well why would they have two mmo's, well they are not the same genre at all. I would say most peeps who play Diablo DO NOT PLAY WOW. So over all for Blizz it is bout business and the more subs you have the more $$$$$. Personal I hate WOW. The art style to me is kiddish cartoony. I prefer photo realistic. And Diablo should be that with adult horror theme added to it.
I would also imagine a Diablo mmo to be on a free-to-play basis to keep up with their competition.
Despite having played (and sometimes still playing) WoW and liking it, a Diablo mmo would have my attention.
As HeetCrusher said, I would hope they keep the dark/horror/adult theme/style and do not attempt a child-friendly diablo...
At this point, it seems the rumors were true at all. It is the only logical explenation, why Blizzard canceled internally Diablo 4 two times now. They mostly went to a MMO Diablo development.
Lol so Sanctuary was part of Azeroth all this time XD XD
10/24/2018 10:52 AMPosted by HeetCrusher
Amazes me how many peeps say no do not turn the Diablo franchise into mmorpg. But I really do not see that big of a deal with it. To me it makes sense for Blizzard and the community. Blizz gets to monetize it while the community gets regular content that everyone is wishing for.

Because people are never happy...

Diablo mmo Nay sayer, here is a little video, the dude's been talking to anonymous (probably Blizz employees, he's been talking to them, very often lately)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvPKzyeF7Ac&t=381s
Of course they are!

NASA is working on this project too! It's true!