15 dollars?

General Discussion
$15 is less than a large pepperoni pizza and a pitcher of beer
06/27/2017 02:53 PMPosted by TK423
Guys, you should respect his opinion.

he makes well over MINIMUM wage, so he is clearly an economics expert!

Define "well over".
Not everyone has the ability to afford to do something like this when it should of been part of the game to begin with. Although 15 is a lot less than a lot of expansions.
If you don't think it's worth it, you can keep playing as usual. I think it is, and It's pretty fun so far, so no complaints.

"Priced Appropriately". I'm tired of that stupid phrase. It's so often abused within creative professions, where idiots that don't understand the effort it takes to produce stuff keep low-balling artists for their hard work and expect them to work just for exposure, like that actually paid the bills. Try doing the same with better established professions, and you'll get a rightful slap on the face. It's the sort of nonsense that makes me wish to kick someone's teeth off their mouths, frankly. Sucks quite a bit, because you still have to try to remain civil with the idiot to protect your professional image, despite this kind of crap being outright insulting.

You allege you make more than minimum wage, right? How would it feel for you to get an offer to work for less than that, eh? Great feeling, yes?
06/27/2017 03:02 PMPosted by Sombra
Not everyone has the ability to afford to do something like this when it should of been part of the game to begin with. Although 15 is a lot less than a lot of expansions.

It's not up to you to decide what should, and shouldn't be in the game from the start. That is up to Blizzard. It is THEIR game.
06/27/2017 03:02 PMPosted by Sombra
Not everyone has the ability to afford to do something like this when it should of been part of the game to begin with.

Who can afford a gaming pc, internet, and d3+ros can also afford 15$ - believe that.
$15 is nothing. Hours of entertainment and something you'll have pretty much forever. I wish everything was cheap like that. I go to baseball/hockey games with my wife and son, and just the tickets alone can cost over $100 (depending on deals sometimes its cheaper), then you gotta pay for parking, we like to get souvenirs to remember our time out together, and food/drinks. I'm looking at over $200 spent just for one day with my family. Sure I'll have the memories, but the games only last a few hours. Not to mention other outings to the zoo, aquarium, theme parks, museums, other cities, and so on. If $15 is too much for you or you don't think it's worth it, then I'd rethink your priorities or just don't get it if you don't think its worth it.
Anyone crying about $15 flat out doesn't work and is probably under 18.

$15. I spent more then that on lunch today.
I checked the date just to be sure and it's not April 1st. So they actually expect someone to pay 15 dollars for this? The sad truth is I'm sure plenty of people will but I hope I'm not alone in saying there is no chance in hell of me buying this nor is it worth anything close to 15 dollars. Personally I thought they would be charging 5 dollars but I guess this is Bli$$ard after all.

Also before you go saying I need a job because I can't "afford" this, I make well over minimum wage and would happily purchase a package like this if it was priced appropriately. Not even close. Well I guess I won't be trying the necro out anytime soon.

No they expect people to pay $21.95 in Australia
06/27/2017 02:20 PMPosted by Frouwne
I think for those of us that bought the original release D3, for $60, and then the expansion for another $40... Should be given any future content...

You guys paid $100 for Diablo 3? Damn, I got it free since I am a WoW player, and took advantage when they offered it free with a one year sub to WoW.
06/27/2017 03:37 PMPosted by Pike
You guys paid $100 for Diablo 3? Damn, I got it free since I am a WoW player, and took advantage when they offered it free with a one year sub to WoW.

ERMAHGERD! They forced you to play WoW just to get diablo 3! That's outrageous! how can they get away with such shady business practices like forcing you to play another game just to get a promotional copy of the game you truly desire!!!

HURRY! TO THE GENERAL DISCUSSION TO POST SHEER RAGE!!!!

/sarcasm

Seriously though, that was a nice promotion they did at the time, it was pretty nice for me too as my wife and I both played WoW so I got Diablo 3 for free from a game I played anyways!
What can you really buy with $15 nowadays that will give you hours of fun? You can go watch a movie by yourself all for 2 hours of entertainment, you can rent some movies for 6 hours, a good lunch might not even be covered, another game? Stop being a cheapskate, it's really pathetic. If it's true you have a job then $15 should not bother you at all.
Curious:

The internet service provider you use to connect to the game. Is it from the Library or other free public service, Mom & Dad's or perhaps the neighbors? The computer you play on; Is it from the Library or other free public service, Mom & Dad's or perhaps the neighbors?

Because most people that are "outraged" about a gaming company charging for their products have no problem paying for gaming rigs and high speed internet to play the game; so long as the gaming company is left holding the bag.

Since you also mention you have a job, do you really feel that you are worth over minimum wage? I mean, I'm sure someone out there would be willing to work for less and your employer should pay you what that person feels is fair.
06/27/2017 01:57 PMPosted by Thphlstr
15$ for hours of play time?

Easily worth it.

Feels better than going to McDonalds and spending the same on 1 meal.

Hours? I got bored of that class 2 hours into it. Wtf, you're defending something you haven't played yet. Get real, or just started too.
06/27/2017 04:07 PMPosted by Xume
What can you really buy with $15 nowadays that will give you hours of fun? You can go watch a movie by yourself all for 2 hours of entertainment, you can rent some movies for 6 hours, a good lunch might not even be covered, another game? Stop being a cheapskate, it's really pathetic. If it's true you have a job then $15 should not bother you at all.

I like how you look at it the stupid way. Like, maybe 15 bucks Netflix subscription for multiple movies and shows. No, I'll make it seem like $15 is useless.

Crap, I get can to Runescape and get more for my money. No, 15 isn't much at all and it can be used to get a lot. But your fanboying is clouding your mind.

Not only that, it's a matter of personal opinion. So why do you get so mad when someone says it's not worth it to them?
06/27/2017 01:57 PMPosted by Thphlstr
15$ for hours of play time?

Easily worth it.

Feels better than going to McDonalds and spending the same on 1 meal.

You might want to look at how many meals you're buying at Mcdonalds. PErsonally, I don't know anything that cost 15 there. Do you just make !@#$ up out of your mind to defend something you haven't touched so much? Where is this logic coming from, jesus.
lmao op is a troll.
Okay the truth is I'm actually a PoE player so I wasn't gonna buy this unless it was like 5 dollars anyway. I already just spent like hundreds of dollars on that game instead haha
06/27/2017 01:50 PMPosted by Cosmic
I checked the date just to be sure and it's not April 1st. So they actually expect someone to pay 15 dollars for this? The sad truth is I'm sure plenty of people will but I hope I'm not alone in saying there is no chance in hell of me buying this nor is it worth anything close to 15 dollars. Personally I thought they would be charging 5 dollars but I guess this is Bli$$ard after all.

Also before you go saying I need a job because I can't "afford" this, I make well over minimum wage and would happily purchase a package like this if it was priced appropriately. Not even close. Well I guess I won't be trying the necro out anytime soon.

Maybe you don't understand the amount of work it took to add in a new character?

All new voices, animations, cinematics, models for male and female.
Get back the original voice actors - for all the new interactions.
Plus adding 3 new zones, over 100 new items, 20 new enemies.
And integration into the main story line.

They aren't simply just adding a new character, they went the whole 9 yards.
Lets assume theres only 1 programmer/ 1 artist designer and 1 voice actor. You are basically giving $5 to each of them for working on necro for months. $5 for 6-8ish mths of work.

Obviously there are more people working on it, so its even lesser.