Thoughts on Necro / Patch

Hardcore
I've made it to a comfortable T VIII and have yet to proc. A couple of close calls but otherwise, the Necromancer seems durable with several new items to make it even harder to kill. For example, I just found a ring that reduces damage by life lost %. At 99.99% life, I take 99.99% damage reduction! :P

I've had a chance to briefly try each set, settling on the "Skeletal Mage" build, which I found has a good rhythm with Focus and Restraint.

The blood build was strange and indeed too scary for me in principal to experiment with, but I think there is a combo in there, but it requires specific gear.

Pestilence has a lot of potential and I found it fun. Watching a long line of monsters die was pretty epic. Still, I missed the stronger AOE of the minions heavy builds.

I just picked up the bone armor set and it looks very promising.

After reading through all the new weapons, I feel a little under whelmed. However, there are a couple that made me do a double take. Secondary Skill bonus?

My friends have died a couple of times, just pushing too hard. Game feels scarier and more threatening. Especially with the lack of mobility I have been choosing to stick myself with.

The new environments and monsters are stunning and beautiful. And gross.

The voice of the male necro is killer.

It feels really new and I'm having issues with the whole corpse thing except Rise. I doubt I'll stay on the Skeletal Mage build because it just feels like your'e trying to inflate a balloon with a big hole in it. Except it needs essence instead of air.
I definitely enjoyed the pestilence set the most when I was playing the beta. I enjoyed the tempo and momentum you gained. Killing things begets more killing. Once you're in a rhythm, the killing comes easy!
07/03/2017 12:06 AMPosted by pokiedude
I definitely enjoyed the pestilence set the most when I was playing the beta. I enjoyed the tempo and momentum you gained. Killing things begets more killing. Once you're in a rhythm, the killing comes easy!

i agree the pestilence is awesome, i think my only complaint of these sets are that they are all the same pieces as each other so you cant really mix in match them, i wish some had an amulet piece, or a belt or a bracer, i just feel like the blood rush set and the pestilence set will be super awesome with a 6/4 combo
Necro is okay but it's still early days for me.

Trying to get those Trag wings tmog will be hard work. Kill Diablo with less than 10% life. Hmmm.
07/05/2017 02:17 AMPosted by Bastich

Trying to get those Trag wings tmog will be hard work. Kill Diablo with less than 10% life. Hmmm.

I'm 99% sure this is easiest to accomplish on a difficulty like normal/hard using the blood set. You need to use RoRG and equip one of the items that stops life then. Use Simulacrum with the 75% cost reduction rune. Whiff abilities in you are at about 30% go and then pop simulacrum (be sure you are past the teleportation phase) and shift until you are in that 10% range and then 1 shot Diablo. I hope this helps.
07/05/2017 02:17 AMPosted by Bastich

I'm 99% sure this is easiest to accomplish on a difficulty like normal/hard using the blood set. You need to use RoRG and equip one of the items that stops life REGEN. Use Simulacrum with the 75% cost reduction rune. Whiff abilities UNTIL you are at about 30% HP and then pop simulacrum (be sure you are past the teleportation phase) and WHIFF AGAIN until you are in that 10% range and then 1 shot Diablo. I hope this helps.

Words in CAPS are the corrections (auto correct on phone OP)
I've since heard you can drop to under 10% while Diablo is in the death throws. Gonna try that too.
I'm having a blast with bone armor build including skelebros command. My gear is complete garbage but noticing that for T10 there may be damage issues. I use bone armor and decripify/belt and curiass in the cube...havent seen a red screen yet (knock on wood). Im also using skele mage singularity. This seems to be more fluid than spamming 10k mages per rift run.
Red Wings are done. Thanks for the tips.