Siphon Blood vs Mantle of Channeling

Necromancer
Siphon Blood is a channeling skill but it is not working with Mantle of Channeling at the moment. I guess the devs forget to add Siphon Blood into Mantle of Channeling buffing skill when creating necro. Or it is intended?
Siphon Blood is as much a channeling skill as Electrocute. It seems like it should be, but it's actually not.
Mantle is for spender channeling not generators.
It doesn't hide the fact that the necromancer is still lacking a resource spender channelling skill though.
07/02/2017 08:36 AMPosted by TripleThreat
It doesn't hide the fact that the necromancer is still lacking a resource spender channelling skill though.

And let's hope they never add one. Wizard's channeling skills are still awful after many years of Wizard forumers complaining about issues with channeling and specific runes. For many of Wizard's channeling skills, you have to stand still to ramp up damage. It probably used to be practical when CC was more effective. But since CC is no longer effective, you really can't stand still to ramp up channeling damage. And it's very apparent that Blizzard does not want you to stand still (for too long) and channel. The theme of channeling does not fit this game very well.
There are different variations of channelling though, Barbarian Whirlwind and Demon Hunter Strafe, those are actually channelling skills that can be built around and personnally i find them pretty enjoyable to play. Channelling doesn't make you 100% standing still depending on what you are playing.
That's a fair point. I didn't think about Whirlwind. But a lot of channeling skills across classes do have you stand still. Like Witch Doctor's Fire Bats, Wizard's Disintegrate/Ray of Frost/Arcane Torrent, Demon Hunter's Rapid Fire, and I don't know much about Monk or Crusader.
Oh yeah forgot monk's tempest rush, also an enjoyable built around speed farm build! ^_^