Bought Necro! and wtf...

General Discussion
A month till the next season... no desire to play at all till season starts why is there a month break...
The delay is so they can balance the necro relative to the other classes AND do the usual adjustments to set bonuses/items across all classes before season 11 starts. No one is gonna get their panties in a bunch if the necro is way out of whack / OP for a few weeks of non-season play, but they sure would if it was for the start of a season.
Break is so you get used to the character.... also mostly like said above. Bug fixes.
Bug fixes I believe.
Balance/changes I don't.
The story, the lore, skills, builds - you have a good chunk of time to discover all that until next season begins. I see that as advantage, not as disadvantage.
So, no point to Beta.

Along with, a significant number of people unable to go on, much less complete the update.
06/27/2017 02:09 PMPosted by Seccie
So, no point to Beta.

Along with, a significant number of people unable to go on, much less complete the update.

As others have alluded to on the forums, the Beta is primarily a stress test. Releasing it now before S11 starts is a chance for live playtesting, to fix any bugs the "beta testers (more like "I WANNA PLAY THE OP RATHMA BUILD DURRRR")" might have missed.
Yeah i kinda thought they were going to start a new season as well. Havent played d3 in a while but dont want to start my necro between seasons. I guess i will wait till the next season before i buy him...so for me the necro doesn't release till July 20th and u are all my paid beta testers lol.

On the up side maybe when I start playing my necro in about a month most people may have gotten over the necro craze and every game won't be 4 necromancers!
You have 1 month to find the only viable build of the Necro ...

Then you get bored to play the only 1 build viable because with bad luck it will aslo be the most boring to play and you quit and wait Diablo 4.
They are giving the botters time to buy the necro pack before they do a ban wave and make them buy game and dlc again.
you have 1 month to decide to play poe 3.0
06/27/2017 01:56 PMPosted by spacecadet13
The delay is so they can balance the necro relative to the other classes AND do the usual adjustments to set bonuses/items across all classes before season 11 starts. No one is gonna get their panties in a bunch if the necro is way out of whack / OP for a few weeks of non-season play, but they sure would if it was for the start of a season.

I mean wtf is the PTR for?
I think the most interesting thing is that they chose to scratch out the july season which is the prime summer month. Sucks because this is usually the highest traffic time and when most people have the free time to play the game. Disappointing to say the least
They announced the season 11 start date and the necro release date in the same post where they announced the season 10 end date. How is any of this a surprise to you? It was right there in the game launcher.
maybe the delay is just to be able to connect to the game! I can't even play.
06/27/2017 04:47 PMPosted by TooLateNow

its been said on other blizzard game forums that PTR is mostly for bug fixing and server stress testing, not balance testing as not enough ppl play PTR long enough to get a sample pool on what needs changing. an example over on overwatch it was confirmed that only 1% of the playerbase tries the PTR and more then half that do only play 1 -2 games. cant really make a balance change on such a small sample size
06/27/2017 01:48 PMPosted by Unchaindboar
A month till the next season... no desire to play at all till season starts why is there a month break...

I can definitely see what you're saying. The moment i bought necro, i launched d3 and immediately felt extremely discouraged to play. I wanted to experience necro as a new class starting from scratch. Now, i play him in hardcore since i haven't played that much there, with my own rules.

I understand that for the sake of balancing some sacrifices are made, but for those of us who wanted to experience the class in a different, more casual way it's a bit unfortunate.
06/27/2017 04:47 PMPosted by TooLateNow

You really think people would attempt to push in PTR? The PTR is there fixed the glaring bug. Some people hold back some loophole they discover and used that for pushing later.
I paid my 15 bucks for stash, anyways i dont play seasons much at all i never seen a point i enjoy non season play
Looking forward to playing my nonladder hard-core solo necro. Going to play through the whole game in story mode and take it nice and easy.