I thought the idea wasn't to nerf Inarius

Necromancer
07/11/2017 07:45 AMPosted by XLR8
07/10/2017 08:05 PMPosted by AlWatts
My assumption, hopeful as it is, is that they will still implement some sort of buff to inarius before the season starts. I only think this because they DID say they want to buff to offset the change.

When making tweaks to a complex system like this it makes sense to do one thing at a time. Fix the "bug", which in this case is a nerf. Then gather data for a few days to figure out how best to buff the set.

Of course, this may not play out at all, I mean who knows. Blizzard may buff inarius, or they may do nothing at all.

I also think they should change mages to last longer. I don't believe that permanent mages are required but they definitely need to last longer than they do now. Of course, Blizzard hasn't said that they will make any changes here.... unlike their comments with regards to inarius.

If only there was a place...like a seperate realm to test all these changes before just squatting over the live servers...hmmm, that's an idea!

I don't know man...that sounds awfully radical. I don't think any game, ever, has tried out content on these so called "separate realms".

I mean, a realm where the public can test out content before it's released? That's crazy talk. Blizzard hasn't been around all that long or had massive on-line games that would require such an unprecedented step.

Do you even develop games, bro?
07/10/2017 11:51 PMPosted by ViciousBlood
I am not 100% sure but I think damage reduction on Inarius is somewhat broken now, against ranged and magic mobs. Melee mobs seem to hit normally as they would with bone armor stacked, but now ranged and magic mobs hit ridiculously hard until I drop decrepify right on top of them. So I find myself running into mobs normally while abnormally spamming decrepify on everything outside of the condensed mob to keep from getting dropped. WTH happened there? My build did not rely on or use mirinae's. So there is more going on here than just a proc fix.

Well, they lessened the hit proc rate of the 6-piece bonus 'bone-ado' and it may have also messed with the 4-set bonus of Inarius as well.
back to dota 2 until they get this sh*t sorted out.. i was having fun, but i'm playing a hardcore character and I really don't want to run rifts 10 levels lower for what? My gems can't be upgraded there and it's a proper waste of time instead of a fun waste
AFAIK the only intended nerf was the reduction in proc rate on the bonestorm aspect of the inarius 6pc set, which would affect all on-hit effects (Mirinae, WoL, most weapon procs, etc.)
The idea was there, they choose to ignore it. Some good ideas to buff the set were also made. But it was of course for nothing.
The proc rate really needed to be fixed and it is good they fixed it. At least now they can take a good look at the DPS the set actually does and hopefully make adjustments in the future based on this. With the proc rate the way it was, it would have been nearly impossible to try to fine tune the set.

And I really think some people have underestimated all that healing they were receiving from Mirinae. Lots of procs was yielding lots of healing. No more glass cannon builds, some healing is going to have to come from somewhere.
why did i pay $15 to join beta servers?
Personally I'd like to see the hits from the bone tornado reduce the CD of Bone Armor. It'd make it easier to get our full defensive bonus up and make the main skill of the set a bigger contributor to the overall damage. It is the Bone Armor set after all.

Side note: Does anyone know if attack speed & Bone Armor skill effect bone tornado damage? They really should.
07/11/2017 12:00 PMPosted by MadRasputin
The proc rate really needed to be fixed and it is good they fixed it. At least now they can take a good look at the DPS the set actually does and hopefully make adjustments in the future based on this. With the proc rate the way it was, it would have been nearly impossible to try to fine tune the set.

And I really think some people have underestimated all that healing they were receiving from Mirinae. Lots of procs was yielding lots of healing. No more glass cannon builds, some healing is going to have to come from somewhere.
nothing was broken.

1500 paragon
30k armor.
1.2 million life.
All ancient .
5 enchants.

And trying to get on the bottom of leaderboards at 91 ain't broken.

It's right where it should be.
Now

It's broken.
I just go back to why the nerf was even necessary. I understand that Blizzard has told us that the bone-ado was proccing too much, but how was that bad? "Fixing" this has made a fairly unique build completely irrelevant. The build wasn't overperforming compared to other necro builds or even other classes, and the biggest complaint against it was that it wasn't the most interesting thing to play.

I happened to enjoy the playstyle, because I hate glass cannon builds, and it was the only build that was both viable and not paper thin. I guess that Blizzard can be proud of themselves that the proc rate in the system is "correct", but killing builds doesn't really feel productive from a player standpoint.
The whole thing was totally uncalled for. Before the nerf, the blood set is already outperforming the Inar set, and wiz also clear a higher GR level.

And i don't think i am the only one who enjoy the inar play style. So why take away the fun of so many without affecting the top single player meta anyway?

And they can call it a "bug" all they want. It is clearly a feature for many players. So what if the proc rate is high? Just add a line to say that "the bone storm is so fierce that other abilities will be triggered more often" ... problem solved.

It is about what is fun ... so if an oversight (i.e. forgetting to tune the proc rate) resulting in something fun ... KEEP IT, particularly when it is not outperforming other sets/class at all.
07/11/2017 06:10 PMPosted by Narius
The whole thing was totally uncalled for. Before the nerf, the blood set is already outperforming the Inar set, and wiz also clear a higher GR level.

And i don't think i am the only one who enjoy the inar play style. So why take away the fun of so many without affecting the top single player meta anyway?

And they can call it a "bug" all they want. It is clearly a feature for many players. So what if the proc rate is high? Just add a line to say that "the bone storm is so fierce that other abilities will be triggered more often" ... problem solved.

It is about what is fun ... so if an oversight (i.e. forgetting to tune the proc rate) resulting in something fun ... KEEP IT, particularly when it is not outperforming other sets/class at all.

I've noticed that Blizzards Devs and D3 Devs in particular will never ever keep a bug in if it helps the player clear content faster. The only time I can recall Blizzard actually helping the player was when they decided to keep the upped drop rate the first year of ROS. (And that wasn't even a bug, it was an event)
07/11/2017 06:20 PMPosted by Lane

I've noticed that Blizzards Devs and D3 Devs in particular will never ever keep a bug in if it helps the player clear content faster. The only time I can recall Blizzard actually helping the player was when they decided to keep the upped drop rate the first year of ROS. (And that wasn't even a bug, it was an event)

which is totally stupid. It is not a bug in the sense that the code is wrong. They just forget to adjust one number (proc rate). And proc rate is a balancing number, not unlike damage multiplier or healing multiplier.

Basically they forgot to balance a number, it came out ok (note not overpowering like the current top single GR meta) but they nerf it anyway :(

Well, they already got my money, and i doubt they care how much I am going to play. But i am not jumping around and killing nothing but yellow packs.