Necro Final Service Not Proccing

Hardcore
Just had my HC necro die without Final Service proc... I was face tanking Erethon on a 60 grift specifically watching for the proc (testing if I had enough healing to survive) and waiting for the Blood Rush to the door and wait the proc out.

Supposedly "you are sustained preventing all damage for 4 seconds" when you get the proc, but to my MASSIVE surprise... just death.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Yes, a few others have mentioned it in another thread, including myself. It's pretty much been met with skepticism (which is understandable) and downright insulting accusations of not understanding how second life passives work.

The problem is that, IMO, there seems to be something that causes it to not proc some of the time. That or a bug is causing something to kill you through the proc, which has happened before. But since it works most of the time people assume that it works all the time and anyone who says otherwise is mistaken. It's about as annoying as when people think that because they have great ping rates everyone else who says they are experiencing lag must be lying.

Unfortunately that's pretty much all we have at the moment. A few scattered reports on the forum that it didn't seem to work.
When I test it, it works fine... it worked in Beta and it's working for me now.

07/17/2017 12:49 AMPosted by Nomad
you are sustained preventing all damage for 4 seconds
Are you sure you noticed rite when you died? Not 1-3 secs after. It happens faster than you think.

Are you using Trag set with blood spells?
What does blood spells have to do with it? You can't kill yourself with your own spell.

The ability itself needs a better notification that its gone off. I haven't noticed it go off. I only used it for like an hour last night though. My bloodmage is pretty squishy in GR45 so i will certainly get back to you guys on this.
07/17/2017 04:27 AMPosted by DudeMan
What does blood spells have to do with it? You can't kill yourself with your own spell.

Dude,you have no clue
07/17/2017 03:00 AMPosted by Vankmin
When I test it, it works fine... it worked in Beta and it's working for me now.

07/17/2017 12:49 AMPosted by Nomad
you are sustained preventing all damage for 4 seconds
Are you sure you noticed rite when you died? Not 1-3 secs after. It happens faster than you think.

Are you using Trag set with blood spells?

Inarius set and I was watching the bottom right corner for the proc to immediately blood rush/teleport out. Was very strange to see no proc and instant death :(
@ nomad

Why do you always graveyard or delete your dead toon,if you´re going to complain that you got killed without proc

Post your death screen,so we can try to analyse your death
07/17/2017 04:57 AMPosted by DEATHWISH
07/17/2017 04:27 AMPosted by DudeMan

Dude,you have no clue

Clue me in, Oh Grandmaster of Knowledge. You literally can't cast a bloodspell without sufficient health. Bloodspells don't have anything to do with this. Either elaborate or pony up
07/17/2017 05:35 AMPosted by DudeMan
Bloodspells don't have anything to do with this

Having low life has nothing to do with dying? I killed a couple Trags in beta trying to stay and fight through the 2nd life cooldown. Who's wasting 60 secs per proc
in a GR?

Raise up a HC Necro Dude.... I see you already have a lvl 70 Wiz, that'll help to get you started.
07/17/2017 03:01 PMPosted by Vankmin

Having low life has nothing to do with dying?

In this context, not really.

1. You can't cast blood spells if they would kill you.

2. You should be immune to damage for four seconds anyway after Final Service triggered. In theory you could be dancing a jig in a lava pit with only one HP remaining for those four seconds.

3. Unless blood spells are bugged such that they are killing you when Final Service triggered, it's a moot point. Also, in my particular case, I do not think I had a blood spell equipped at the time.
07/17/2017 03:01 PMPosted by Vankmin

Having low life has nothing to do with dying? I killed a couple Trags in beta trying to stay and fight through the 2nd life cooldown. Who's wasting 60 secs per proc
in a GR?

Raise up a HC Necro Dude.... I see you already have a lvl 70 Wiz, that'll help to get you started.

Waiting for season to roll HC. Testing boundaries without worry for now. And the initiate action of the proc is only noted by sound and a tiny icon in the bottom right. A bigger visual notification would be welcome
07/17/2017 03:18 PMPosted by Arcane

2. You should be immune to damage for four seconds anyway after Final Service triggered. In theory you could be dancing a jig in a lava pit with only one HP remaining for those four seconds.

3. Unless blood spells are bugged such that they are killing you when Final Service triggered, it's a moot point. Also, in my particular case, I do not think I had a blood spell equipped at the time.

I was playing with a buddy the other night, and his Necro died. He did not see his 2nd chance go off...

...but he never thought that it didn't proc. We had pulled a double E pack on the RG. At one point, his health see-sawed back and forth rapidly. What happened was, he was in the thick of things, and didn't realize something had proc'd him because he never red-screened. He just kept right on fighting and didn't realize how much trouble he was in.

You caught the edge of a molten blast, a few goat man spears in a row, got tipped by some arcane... something. You died and refilled your health so fast you didn't realize it.

It happens.
It just happened to me! I died and it did not proc. So there has to be a bug
07/17/2017 05:19 PMPosted by Un4gven
07/17/2017 03:18 PMPosted by Arcane

I was playing with a buddy the other night, and his Necro died. He did not see his 2nd chance go off...

...but he never thought that it didn't proc. We had pulled a double E pack on the RG. At one point, his health see-sawed back and forth rapidly. What happened was, he was in the thick of things, and didn't realize something had proc'd him because he never red-screened. He just kept right on fighting and didn't realize how much trouble he was in.

You caught the edge of a molten blast, a few goat man spears in a row, got tipped by some arcane... something. You died and refilled your health so fast you didn't realize it.

It happens.

I was running a pet build. Which means all my minions would have been dead. They weren't.

Trust me. I know it's easy to assume that we missed it. I've worked in tech support positions and had cases of intermittent problems come to me all the time. Just because you don't see the problem happening doesn't mean that the problem does not exist.

I saw what I saw, and unless Blizzard somehow pulls a recording of the event in question out of their !@# and shows it to me verifying one way or the other what actually happened, nothing you say is going to change my mind about it. As far as I'm concerned it's just one of those things we'll probably see in a patch one day that says "Fixed an issue causing Final Service on rare occasions to fail to activate." or some similarly vague and non-specific fix.

Until then, I'm not gonna worry too much about it. It's obviously not something that happens consistently or it requires a specific set of conditions that don't occur too often. I doubt we'll see much about it beyond what we have right now unless someone who records all of their playtime manages to catch it or someone figures out how to make it happen consistently.
Guys, the death passive procs and leaves a icon for 60 seconds on your hot bars. Read this:

"If you would take lethal damage instead all minions are consumed and heal you for 10% of your health. When this passive successfully prevents death, the Necromancer is immune to incoming damage for 4 seconds. This effect cannot occur more than once every 60 seconds."

Notice the 4 second immunity? Your screen turns red (1 sec), you have 4 seconds to find some health or get the hell outta dodge. By the time your reflexes respond to the situation its down to 2 seconds. If you do not immediately respond and are taking damage 2 seconds longer you just got blown the hell up...plain and simple

Internet connection mileage may vary
07/17/2017 05:46 PMPosted by Arcane
Blizzard somehow pulls a recording of the event in question out of their !@#

A screenshot of every HC death is saved to your computer... post it, lets checkout the circumstances.
07/17/2017 05:50 PMPosted by Saintmichael
"If you would take lethal damage instead all minions are consumed and heal you for 10% of your health. When this passive successfully prevents death, the Necromancer is immune to incoming damage for 4 seconds. This effect cannot occur more than once every 60 seconds."

Yeah, I noticed the wording on that seems to have changed as well. This line has been bugging me for a while now: "When this passive successfully prevents death"

The description you posted seems to suggest that if you take a big enough hit, the passive will not save your life. Like say you take lethal damage, your minions are consumed and you heal 10%, but then the rest of the damage is factored in. So if you took even more than the heal, it might kill you anyway and you never receive the immunity.

Would explain things if that is indeed how the underlying mechanics of this passive works. But as I said, the description seems to have changed. Now it reads more like you'd expect, where the immunity comes first.
07/17/2017 05:53 PMPosted by Vankmin
07/17/2017 05:46 PMPosted by Arcane
Blizzard somehow pulls a recording of the event in question out of their !@#

A screenshot of every HC death is saved to your computer... post it, lets checkout the circumstances.

Yeah, that's not going to tell you much beyond that I died. We already knew that. :P

At issue is what happened in the four seconds prior to the screenshot being taken.
So - I play on console, legit I might add and I noticed that it did not proc either.

However, what I DID notice is the 4 second buff proc'd as I red screened. There was no ther indicator that my free life passive proc'd. I quickly split, caught my breath (I STILL get nervous on near death) and slowly worked through that pack.

Seems like the passive works fine although the indicator that your freebie is sometimes only the 4 second immunity instead of the other buff. 4 seconds goes by really quick and you may not have noticed since there was no indicator that it was on cool down
07/18/2017 11:46 AMPosted by Zombie
So - I play on console, legit I might add and I noticed that it did not proc either.

However, what I DID notice is the 4 second buff proc'd as I red screened. There was no ther indicator that my free life passive proc'd. I quickly split, caught my breath (I STILL get nervous on near death) and slowly worked through that pack.

Seems like the passive works fine although the indicator that your freebie is sometimes only the 4 second immunity instead of the other buff. 4 seconds goes by really quick and you may not have noticed since there was no indicator that it was on cool down

IF that is what happened, and I really stress the word "IF", then it is not working fine and is a bug that needs to be corrected.