Update on Era 8 Leaderboards

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 24 25 26 60 Next
07/09/2017 04:08 PMPosted by AstralBlood
Is it true that they are rolling everything back to when necro first came out? I've been hearing they are. if that's the case screw this game. Going back to PoE. Not only is it Blizzards fault for the exploit, but its also gonna be their fault that so many peoples primals are gonna be gone.

Is it "so many peoples primals" you're worried about, or all those gems & rings you stripped so they can't be seen in your profile?
07/09/2017 03:36 PMPosted by blackwarx
BTW a simple rollback does not do the job!
It is a false sign as it does encourage cheating too!
Basically it would mean: You can try! If you are not getting away with it you will not be punished either! You will be just set back to the level of the fair players!
how do people/players say this is cheating, players are playing the game and if something comes up that wasn't expected then good for them , but banning or punishing players for playing the game using everything the games allows is just plain wrong. these issues should of been addressed before the release of the game, sure roll back the leaderboards but that is all that should happen.
and high lvl gems really do not make that much difference in the long run, paragon point are what really counts so you can buff damage and health.
so rollback LB and forget about it .
if something else has to be done then ban the 4 group players from this upcoming leaderboard so the whiners are happy so they can get on it, lol
They won't rollback whole game to beginning of necro.

1) Alienate all casual purchasers of necro pack who have gotten over half of their fun time out of this pack and maybe risk other Bliz purchases for other games and this game in the future.

2) I play Hardcore, would be awesome i would get my godly geared DH, sounds good to me! (meaning it won't happen).

3) 2x XP would be not remotely sufficient to cover that, reimbursing whole 15 bucks would barely cover it. 2x XP is absolutely incredibly irrelevant btw but I am getting sidetracked.

4) This is most important proof of all, it would be a disgusting disrespect if they told us to have fun and play on weekend but just encourage us not to use exploit... A lot of us work 5 days a week, and have plenty of options for leisure time or commitments to family. Imagine they rolled back and didn't tell us and just let us play?? My time is worth a lot of money so 30 hours played while they are on the beach enjoying pina colada's off of our hard earned necro pack money and too lazy to tell us we would be wasting our time playing playing through the summer weekend would be the ultimate insult i can think of.
07/09/2017 07:03 PMPosted by Justinian
They won't rollback whole game to beginning of necro.

1) Alienate all casual purchasers of necro pack who have gotten over half of their fun time out of this pack and maybe risk other Bliz purchases for other games and this game in the future.

2) I play Hardcore, would be awesome i would get my godly geared DH, sounds good to me! (meaning it won't happen).

3) 2x XP would be not remotely sufficient to cover that, reimbursing whole 15 bucks would barely cover it. 2x XP is absolutely incredibly irrelevant btw but I am getting sidetracked.

4) This is most important proof of all, it would be a disgusting disrespect if they told us to have fun and play on weekend but just encourage us not to use exploit... A lot of us work 5 days a week, and have plenty of options for leisure time or commitments to family. Imagine they rolled back and didn't tell us and just let us play?? My time is worth a lot of money so 30 hours played while they are on the beach enjoying pina colada's off of our hard earned necro pack money and too lazy to tell us we would be wasting our time playing playing through the summer weekend would be the ultimate insult i can think of.

They did tell us not to use the exploit before the weekend so....

See page 11 in this thread.
07/09/2017 09:06 AMPosted by Rogue
probably more accurately would be because most people look at the top of the leaderboards and copy what they are doing vs actually understanding game mechanics, what works, why it works, how it works, and the play style that is required to make it work. The vast majority of players don't check forums, probably don't use discord, etc, etc. Believe it or not most players that play D3 are casual players. probably about 20-30% are more than casual. Perfect examply is pub games gr 70's everyone below paragon 1000 with craptastic rolls on their gear and dh marking the damn elites......these are people who don't understand how it works and are just trying to have the same set up as the people on the leader boards hoping to get 5-10 level higher clears.
I´m absolutly aware of what you saying here, with no disagree at all.
The majority of the D3 playerbase have little to no clue about (indepth) game mechanics and i mean this absolutly not disrespectful at all - it´s just the way it is and for most of the players there is absolutly no need to dig deep into the details, because - how you allready wrote - you can just copy paste builds/gear/gems and so on, from the leaderboard or any of the plenty avaiable build database sites, twitch, youtube etc. and just play the game with absolutly not knowing anything about the mechanics behind the scenes. Thats absolutly fine (at least for me, as long they don´t put up false rumors about ingame mechanics on the table *g*)

But here is the point - lets take a average "casual" player with some minor basic knowledge and some hours of d3-game experience in the back and something of a competitive mindset, who could run 90 to around 105 before any now jump up the train (because of any thinkable reason) and use or copypaste the exploit from e.g. the top of the actual leaderboard. Now running 115 to 125 (or even higher tiers) than before, with just exactly the same gear/gem status as stated before. May ask themself how in the world this could happen!? I´m in heaven right now!? Change the 4p meta setup a lillte bit and select one specific rune (mfd grim reaper) and suddenly huge mobspulls, packs and even riftguardian get vaporized in one huge explosion and took astronomic high damage values (x,xxx*10^36) - Leaderboard Ranking, Paragon, legGems, Caldesans, Bloodshards(Loot) raising like crazy and never before and it is super fun to oneshot whole screens - but at some point they "all" had some sort of a queasy feeling and recognized that something must be way off here and feels like not right and supposed to happen.

But players still continue to use this exploit to the fullest, even blizzard allready made a statement by encourage them to stop it. They should forced them to do so, by deactivate grim reaper rune but thats another story but that does not mean they aren´t aware of that happens right now, its possible that they implement a silent "hotfix" to track thats going on right now. They used this method allready couple decades ago, so w´ll see soon whats happening in the near future.

In the end, objective spoken as a theorycrafter and livetester - there is actual
no possible way that only two mandatory skills (multiplier) in this game ever interact with eachother in a way, that they can do 10^36 damage and vaporize a whole screen full of everything and is completly decoupled from your charactervalues (multiplier) at all - means you could do it "naked" (if you would stand the incoming damage from monsters) just without any gear or gem equipped, just those two skills selected are mandatory to work out this exploit, thats it!
If you compare this astronomic high damagevalue with your usual ("normal") damageoutput with x,xxx*10^11 at max. Thats absolutly not supposed to happen and the majority of this called average "casual" player, who compete for the boards, is aware of this aswell and they absolutly know it by any means.
Thumbsalot,

No its not because of that. I'll admit it, i used the damn exploit lol I dont care. I got all my dps gems to 125 (or around that at least). I honeslty dont care if they rollback all the gems, the leaderboards, the para lvls. Just as long as the rollbacks dont effect the items drops. I mean it's gonna suck but what can you do? Back to the awful grind of 1% gem ups where you'll be lucky to get a gem up within a month. That's the way its always been anyway, so it doesn't matter. Also, of course I keep my gems off my toons lol Who doesn't? That's kind of key in getting those 1%s.

They could of completely stopped all of this from day 1. All they needed to do was deactivate Grim Reaper until they found a fix. The rune sucks anyway. The only way it was good was because of necro frailty lol... That's all they needed to do but what did they do? Nothing. They waited an entire week to do something about it (for some reason) when they could of stopped it all on day 1 with a quick deactivation of a rune. Game devs do it all the time in other games. People would get over it. No one used Grim Reaper anyway
u do nothing ,and so the next bug will be the end of D3.
07/09/2017 07:10 PMPosted by AstralBlood
They could of completely stopped all of this from day 1. All they needed to do was deactivate Grim Reaper until they found a fix.
So true...
07/07/2017 07:14 PMPosted by Ozelot
07/07/2017 07:07 PMPosted by Kauza
We’ve been discussing all the feedback and are looking into various options to take further action after the hotfixes are live. In the meantime, we encourage you to avoid this exploit.

Thank you very much for this feedback. I really hope justice will return to sanctuary. We need bans or rollbacks for exploiters.

07/07/2017 07:07 PMPosted by Kauza
Additionally, by way of apology, we are looking into providing a Double XP buff at some point after the fix goes out.

Nice idea but this is not what we need. Non-exploiters will not be appeased unless you manage to provide a level playing field for all players.
Not just for group players such as me but also for all other categories. For example Krysbin's ring exploit and the Lord Greenstone's Fan + Natalya's Slayer exploit.

I say that Blizz should take action that would fit the crime (exploit). I am a firm believer in the punishment should fit the crime that was taught by my father and brother. Instead of a blanket end all be all. So it might be best to almost go on a case by case basis. People that unintentionally took part a mere rollback would be all that would be needed. Others that blatantly abused the hell out of the exploit then they can face up to perma bans if warranted.
Logue, while that might be true the vast majority of people who copy and paste builds will not push that high. also how many people have the large numbers on so they know what damage is being done? if you are paragon 1000 or less (i have seen 600 using the damn thing) I highly doubt you are pushing any higher in a 4man than 95 for pure survivability reasons so your point is mute. Even w/ a proper support monk you would be hard pressed at low paragon to be able to stay up without some pretty damn good rolls on your gear. Yet still you have copy and pasted the build essentially. Are running your 70's-80's this is bannable? you have got to be joking lol. Especially if you were doing it before Friday night when they decided to call it an "exploit" for the first time vs an "interaction"

I can see both sides of the argument i am a reasonable person. But to simply assume because something is different after a new character is released is strange i would say is a bit much especially if you havent been around for a character release or gear release before. For all someone who has been playing the game for 1-6 months knows is it is normal as they have never been through a release of new stuff on D3 before.
07/09/2017 08:21 PMPosted by Rogue
Are running your 70's-80's this is bannable? you have got to be joking lol.

I don't have the link to the thread (it's probably not too deep in my post history, but I don't really want to fetch it), but apparently, they will be looking at the people who used it to push GR (according to the supposed answer to a ticket submitted by a fellow player). People who aren't even in the top 1000 probably have nothing to worry about. I mean, if they used it to level gems from 70 to 90 in "mid" GR, their "advantage" is not a tangible one so Blizzard likely isn't going to bother.

At best, it would be a rollback for them. If Blizzard does ban people, it would probably only for the one who pushed or did an ungodly amount of GR with the bug.

Edit: oh well...

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20757476412

07/06/2017 01:10 PMPosted by BlossomDead
Game Master Chaneassan here today! Thank you for your patience while your ticket was waiting in queue. I am honored to be able to address your ticket and I hope that this message finds you well today!

I see you put in an issue about some cheating in Diablo III involving Greater Rifts. I'm sorry to hear you were having an issue with this today. So while I can understand your frusteration as there has been various threads about the topics. We take cheating very seriously so if you could forward these to hacks@blizzard.com . We can assure that every player on the leaderboard will be investitaged and will be removed if there is evidence of cheating.

Hopefully this information helps you out! If not, please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have regarding this.

Thank you for your support, and Happy Gaming.
also how many people have the large numbers on so they know what damage is being done?
Even without screennumbers you should be able to see the difference live on screen. Vaporize whole screens + high HP riftguardian versus not vaporizing everything in one motion is from my pov not hard to catch, even for players with basic game knowledge and turned off damage numbers.
I highly doubt you are pushing any higher in a 4man than 95 for pure survivability reasons so your point is mute.
Sure for low paragon, bad geared, little game knowledge casuals it might be accurate (but still not true at all, survivalbility (thoughness/EHP) is an important part of the game overall) but if you push for 120+ survivalbility is getting way more important and has more value than playing low/medium tiers in comparison. If you dead you can´t make any damage at all - easy logic to follow.
Are running your 70's-80's this is bannable? you have got to be joking lol.
Uhm, okay!? First of all show me the part where i asked for bans! (especially for low tier players) Secondly - read carefully next time - i talked about those average players, who run 90 to 105 and now do 115 to 125+ with excessiv exploit abuse and get full benefit and advantage (especially) over the players you are talking about, who mainly run low-medium tiers. That obviously needs a different approach, then you look at the whole picture and possible punishment according to blizzards rules.

I´m not the guy who kicks down and charge those for being careless without knowing what they actual doing (even i still would say "Ignorance is no excuse in law") but there is a huge difference to some of the players who actually are absolutly aware of whats going on and how things work out and why things work out to selfish fully benefit from the exploit regardless of the majority of honest and fair players, which respect the rules of the game by definition.
Cheats; i.e. methods, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, influencing and/or facilitating the gameplay, including exploits of any in-game bugs, and thereby granting you and/or any other user an advantage over other players not using such methods;
http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/eula
Is the hot fix live?
07/09/2017 07:54 PMPosted by ShadowAegis
I say that Blizz should take action that would fit the crime (exploit).

Exactly. And this is what most of us are asking for. To restore the integrity of the era leaderboard.

Lets wait and see what they will do.
asking for it to be fixed yet no-one was !@#$%ing when the twister was around nd they were pushing 130 with it stacking twisters was a bug yet stayed for 3 seasons basically nd now u choose to voice ur opinion where were u during the twister bug
BLIZZARD NEVER STATED IT WAS A EXPLOIT TILL Friday it was reported in PTR yet wasn't fixed nd if u read the skills if was using the game mechanics as they were intended <<BLIZZARDS OWN WORDS they didn't expect it to be used the way it was used
07/09/2017 09:24 PMPosted by FabVader
Is the hot fix live?

I think it is not yet.

I do not know if anyone will know