Cosmic Wings

General Discussion
Sorry if this is a stupid question. I'm new to diablo as of last week but I have been looking online at cosmetics that are farmable. The one that stood out the most to me was the cosmic wings that drop off of princess Lillian. So naturally I started farming rainbow goblins and i have been to Whismydale roughly 15 times. I wanted to know if I just need to keep at it or if they were removed from the game. Thank you for any help and info you can give!
i got mine after 150~ rainbow portals. some people after 300~ and some never got them even after opening 500~. its all about luck. one advice i would give you is to find more farmers and inv each other after finding a rainbow goblin. good luck
Thanks for the reply. I was worried they got taken out. Now i can validate the hours upon hours of farming to my group
Princess Lillian is extremely rare. You can get lucky and find her soon, but you can also seach for month and not find it. I gave up on it.

FYI you can get very nice wings from doing all necromancer class achievments. Very pretty. :)
07/02/2017 05:39 AMPosted by Ozelot
Princess Lillian is extremely rare. You can get lucky and find her soon, but you can also seach for month and not find it. I gave up on it.

FYI you can get very nice wings from doing all necromancer class achievments. Very pretty. :)

I'm still farming for them since they were introduced ... but RNG hasn't been in my favor yet. The spawn rate for Rainbow Goblins seems lower than it was. When I do encounter them, I go in for the loot and mats buff. If Princess Lillian shows up and the wings drop, it would be a super bonus. Good luck.
I got them for me in season 9 when I was laid up at home for a week and had nothing better to do than play constantly. Now my wife wants me to get her a pair and I cringe at doing that much mindless farming over again.
07/03/2017 02:04 AMPosted by SoAngry
I got them for me in season 9 when I was laid up at home for a week and had nothing better to do than play constantly. Now my wife wants me to get her a pair and I cringe at doing that much mindless farming over again.

tell her to farm her own wing or gtfo :) or be a looser and farm for her also...(and afterward farm for me also) or just give her you account and be done with it..
07/02/2017 11:46 PMPosted by Graveheart
The spawn rate for Rainbow Goblins seems lower than it was.

It is. I only encountered one during season 10 while I got at least 6 menagerists (that used to be about as rare as the rainbow gobs) and 3 greed portals.
I could discount that as anecdotal if several people didn't report the same experience. They probably made the rainbow gobs much rarer at the same time they buffed the rewards for entering Whimsydale.
What I don't know is whether they also buffed Princess Lillian's spawn rate to compensate. If they didn't, getting the wings is now even harder than it used to be.
I'm still waiting for some cosmic wings. I've been farming them off-and-on for many seasons now and have done by my estimates between 50-100 Whimsydale runs. Unfortunately, when they buffed the Whimsydale drops, they made the portals account bound (you must be in the game when the goblin is killed).

I wish rainbow goblins wouldn't disappear after provoked (giving you time to invite friends), or at least make it so the goblins have a distinctive laugh (similar to the Gelatinous Sires) so that one doesn't accidentally provoke one before inviting buddies.
I lost track of how many times I have tried for these wings.

I just came to the realization that if they drop, Yeah, if they do not, Oh well.

Hopefully some day
Took me over 300 Rainbow Portals over the course of about 3.5 weeks back in Season 6 when they were new and heavily farmed.
07/03/2017 06:49 AMPosted by Iria
Unfortunately, when they buffed the Whimsydale drops, they made the portals account bound (you must be in the game when the goblin is killed).

This is exactly the problem if you attend to farm those goblins now. You have to form a 4-man-group and farm together in one game to make sure you all can enter the portal.
07/03/2017 02:21 AMPosted by Thorgor
07/02/2017 11:46 PMPosted by Graveheart
The spawn rate for Rainbow Goblins seems lower than it was.

It is. I only encountered one during season 10 while I got at least 6 menagerists (that used to be about as rare as the rainbow gobs) and 3 greed portals.
I could discount that as anecdotal if several people didn't report the same experience. They probably made the rainbow gobs much rarer at the same time they buffed the rewards for entering Whimsydale.
What I don't know is whether they also buffed Princess Lillian's spawn rate to compensate. If they didn't, getting the wings is now even harder than it used to be.

Yes ... I only encountered ~3 during season10 and one of them was in the path of the 2nd to the last boss in the Boss Run solo conquest ... Arrrggg, WHY oh WHY ??? What to choose??? ... Didn't have time to kill it and finish the conquest on time, so I had to skip it, otherwise I could have gone back afterwards. Don't think Princess Lillian's spawn rate was affected by the loot buff, so it seems that the rainbow gobby rarity makes the wings are even harder to get now.
Just went into non season, running the goblin route and had 3 rainbows tonight... the LAST area had the wings!!! Only took 2 years and dozens of Rainbows... good luck! Also got 4 pets and a bandit shrine, it was an awesome night!

And I know I necro'd, but I am a seasonal Necro so it's all good...
I almost consider cosmic wings to be like infinity stones.

Once in a lifetime you may run across one ...hold it for a split second...and be obliterated because you were not mean't to have it.
Hi, theNix and JoeShmo! This thread has been locked; please be mindful of the date on a thread as to not resurrect/bump if it is fairly old. If you wish to provide feedback or participate in a discussion on a topic, be sure to start a new thread or find another that's recent. Thank you!