We, The Players, are waiting for a blue post.

General Discussion
1 2 3 14 Next
Highly Rated
We, The Players, are waiting for an official comment on the new curse/mark exploit. What should we do? Stop playing until it is fixed, use it because it is ok and it won't be fixed?
Highly Rated
Devs on this game are lacking serious communication. They post on Reddit, and even on a goddam stream, but they don't post on the official forums.
"Oh but the community is critical about then"
Boo hoo grow a pair
It is already GR 132 in EU in 4man. (4 July 2017 Noon)
+5 levels since end of previous era.

GR 138 is down on 5 July 2017.
07/04/2017 06:47 AMPosted by Dragonfire
It is already GR 132 in EU in 4man.

150 or bust brother!
Highly Rated
For some reason blizz thinks the worst place to post info about d3 is the official d3 page and forums, i honestly dont get it.

Unless youre post is about a puppy named diablo you wont get any type of blue post. CM's and devs just dont care
This is indeed a shameful display, this shows how little involvement there is from the devastating.
I basically saw almost until 500th rank on leaderboard 4man most of them are using it.
And that's just a small piece of people using it that are visible.

I'll be damned if they drop the banhammer.
But who knows, this is sparta !!! i mean diablo.
I've been around too long to see they took action sometimes and didn't sometimes.
Example :
1. Firebug exploit that was announced that they are not going to take action.
2. Hellfire amulet exploit that they didn't say anything ( like now ) and then suddenly they say they're going to ban people who were abusing it. ( i was one of the victim )
07/04/2017 06:51 AMPosted by lv426
For some reason blizz thinks the worst place to post info about d3 is the official d3 page and forums, i honestly dont get it.

Unless youre post is about a puppy named diablo you wont get any type of blue post. CM's and devs just dont care

Not defending it because I totally see how frustrating it is. However, Blizzard's stance on the Official Forums is that they exist for players to discuss the game with other players. Even the Tech Support forums are for players to help each other, with Blizzard moderation occasionally.

The official news channels are the Front Page of the D3 website and the Launcher. Secondary to that they spread news via Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Streams, and interviews with fansites (which also capture streams and reddit sometimes).

The sad fact is that the Forums also have much lower unique IP traffic than some of the streams and social media. To reach a wider audience they have to reach out via other means - knowing players will bring that back here to the forums to discuss it.

I am sort of part of the problem in a way because I make sure to track down info and post it here for everyone so they don't have to search around. I at least give you guys the links if I can. From there most of the time others grab onto that post and keep sharing here.

I don't think that is ideal of course. I don't mind them using social media - that is kind of how the world works now - but I wish they had a tracker on the D3 site that linked to the reddit posts, fan page interviews, streams, etc when they do Q&As or group plays/question sessions. It is not great that visitors to the official site (front page) have to hunt around through the web to find scraps of news about bugs, patches, and future plans.
07/04/2017 07:06 AMPosted by MissCheetah
It is not great that visitors to the official site (front page) have to hunt around through the web to find scraps of news about bugs, patches, and future plans.
+1, I hope someone passes this feedback to the people responsible for the official website to build a blue feed.

Besides that, just on a side note, we still have blinding white flash on page refresh and some names of forum posters (mine for example) show as D3BETA in all older threads.
07/04/2017 07:13 AMPosted by Skelos
+1, I hope someone passes this feedback to the people responsible for the official website to build a blue feed.

They know about it for certain. I know I personally have talked to the team about it but I can't make the Web Team change the website format - and it is hard for the D3 team to get them to either. They changed the websites to all use one set of software finally and adding features to this (it is all custom made in house) is not trivial. If they were to add a feed they would probably end up adding it for all games. I think that would be a great idea honestly, but to get them to do it has to go through layers of management approvals, funding and resource allocation, planning/design approval, development, testing, and finally implementation. Blizzard does not tend to quickly do things that involve multiple separate teams.

Frustrating...so I am not holding my breath even though it seems on the surface like a simple idea. I just want a tab on the main webs page that instead of forums says Social Media and then takes us to an index of "D3 posts on the web" and rounds up their twitter, FB, reddit, interviews, stream appearances, etc.
All users using this BUG must be banned!
How about Blizzard pays their CMs 5 dollar extra and they send reddit, stream, twitter information links daily? Think it like pocket money. I think they're not get paid enough to carry information from devs to forums AND from forums to devs. We can even fund them on patreon.
07/04/2017 07:33 AMPosted by naksiloth
How about Blizzard pays their CMs 5 dollar extra and they send reddit, stream, twitter information links daily? Think it like pocket money. I think they're not get paid enough to carry information from devs to forums AND from forums to devs.

The problem is we are down to 2 CMs and they have a TON of other stuff to do besides forum posting/browsing. Forums, because they are viewed as player to player, are a much lower priority than getting the blog posts done, video segments scripted and produced, coordinating with the marketing and media teams, coordinating with the wider community on social media, etc.

It really is not about money but about bandwidth and priorities. Again, I don't agree with how communications are run and feel there are improvements needed, but I do see what some of the issues are on their side. I do my best to help where I can at any rate.
07/04/2017 07:40 AMPosted by MissCheetah
How about Blizzard pays their CMs 5 dollar extra and they send reddit, stream, twitter information links daily? Think it like pocket money. I think they're not get paid enough to carry information from devs to forums AND from forums to devs.

The problem is we are down to 2 CMs and they have a TON of other stuff to do besides forum posting/browsing. Forums, because they are viewed as player to player, are a much lower priority than getting the blog posts done, video segments scripted and produced, coordinating with the marketing and media teams, coordinating with the wider community on social media, etc.

It really is not about money but about bandwidth and priorities. Again, I don't agree with how communications are run and feel there are improvements needed, but I do see what some of the issues are on their side. I do my best to help where I can at any rate.

Someone should make it known that the person on the web team responsible for removing the blue tracker should be fired.

Just saying.
07/04/2017 07:45 AMPosted by DeadlyGrouse
Someone should make it known that the person on the web team responsible for removing the blue tracker should be fired.

Just saying.

I agree that was a very useful feature and wish we still had it. Sadly it only tracked posts on the Forums that were selectively flagged by the Blue poster. It did not track reddit, twitter, FB, fan sites, or streams.

For example, on twitter they mentioned that this week's Challenge Rift will be the Necro and open to everyone who has RoS, even without the Necro pack. So some people who might otherwise not care about CRs, may want to check it out but would not know because it is not announced except on social media. https://twitter.com/Diablo/status/881995973815402497

Don't have the Necromancer yet? Take the class for a spin with our new Challenge Rift, available now in Patch 2.6.0!

I think each Region has a different spec if I have read correctly.

Last time I checked they had scheduled vacations, -today 4th july- and you don't Miss Cheetah. Being busy with other things is not really an excuse for leaving a fanbase in the dark, by ignoring the features of your job. All they had to do is keeping in touch and sending links from other sources once they decide it's not impulsive to fanbase. Even that fanbase is considered a "minority".

I don't wanna read another "#REKT" comment for smudging the fact that we played an incomplete game for years or some other pearl named "Aren't you thankful?".
@MissCheetah,

I understand what you're saying and can't disagree with the fact that Blizzard employees have a TON of other things to do but one of the most dangerous statements anyone can make is "Sorry, I'm too busy" which is always interpreted as "You're not important enough".
I'm giving up posting bug reports to the forums because they're never acknowledged so I don't know if people read them, understand them or even care. I see the same posts with issues over and over and the simplest approach would be to provide a sticky with current/known issues and exploits and a statement on what people should not be doing, for example using a necro ring on other characters. We all assume this, some take advantage of it and most of us assume it will be addressed - but we're completely in the dark here. I don't need priorities or timelines, just the knowledge that they are aware and have heard me/us. I say this because if they tell us exactly what they're working on or timelines the forums will go crazy with push back as to what "we" think they should be working on which is wrong IMHO.
As for the limited IP addresses on the forum, it's catch-22. If the blues visited and contributed it could actually make the forum a place for a better discussion rather than people giving up in fits of rage, for example "Rager" the other day. Blues don't need to moderate the forums or babysit, but how about SOME useful information?
Really? Is that why Hearthstone gets dev posts? Or Overwatch?

That's such a BS excuse. The fact is, Blizzard doesn't give attention to D3. Even when they were promoting Necro, they said devs had to work on it "during their own time". Which translates to zero official support.

It really is not about money but about bandwidth and priorities.
No, it's about money. D3 brings in zero (aside from Necro). Overwatch, Hearthstone, WoW, Heroes of the Storm all bring in cash constantly. Why are those games deemed support-worthy? What's different about them that get dev updates on their official forums? Only answer I can see is money.
07/04/2017 06:47 AMPosted by Dragonfire
It is already GR 132 in EU in 4man.

Guess what? In China they have already done GR 135 in 4man.
Maybe tomorrow I can see GR 150 on the non-seasonal ladder...thats crazy
07/04/2017 07:06 AMPosted by MissCheetah
The sad fact is that the Forums also have much lower unique IP traffic than some of the streams and social media. To reach a wider audience they have to reach out via other means - knowing players will bring that back here to the forums to discuss it.

It is because, Blizz had neglected this channel again and again so much so, less and less flocks to this sight for that purpose.

all is left is troll posting.