We, The Players, are waiting for a blue post.

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 14 Next
We need some streamers and youtubers to make vids about it, maybe bliz will pay attention then
Because bad publicity might negatively affect their necro dlc sales
07/04/2017 05:56 AMPosted by Rafahell
Devs on this game are lacking serious communication. They post on Reddit, and even on a goddam stream, but they don't post on the official forums.
"Oh but the community is critical about then"
Boo hoo grow a pair

D3 has been bugged since the release and you're still playing it...

But why? GG
07/04/2017 10:43 PMPosted by Ambria
We need some streamers and youtubers to make vids about it, maybe bliz will pay attention then

It being a national holiday does not help. I am hoping we get a response tomorrow when they return to the office.

As a non-seasonal player, I feel like I missed an opportunity to level up gems an easy way... now I will be behind if all they do is reset the leader boards but not the accounts (what I am expecting). Nor do I want to take the risk of that small, small chance at a ban.
Hahaha... I remember an "infinite gold" Youtube video that got a take-down notice. It was a joke video, but it still got a take-down notice AND an in-game change.

The video showed how to get "infinite gold" by creating a game, going to Act 3 and looting the chest by the merchant. I think you got something like less than 100 gold. But the video showed it in a loop, thus "infinite". 1 week later, the author had to change the video and showed the take-down email that he got from Youtube. And then the chest was made to be empty.

Rofl... this company.
I expect the worst. Blizzard will fix the exploit without resetting leaderboards and leaving all those 6k plvl accounts with 150+ gems on them.

I lost any will to play this game. Trying Path of Diablo atm -_-;
07/04/2017 11:38 PMPosted by Tares
I expect the worst. Blizzard will fix the exploit without resetting leaderboards and leaving all those 6k plvl accounts with 150+ gems on them.

If this happens, many players will delete the game...
07/04/2017 11:51 PMPosted by DIKSON61
07/04/2017 11:38 PMPosted by Tares

If this happens, many players will delete the game...

Whole NS scene will disappear. There is not so many of us, but oh well, it will be the time to find another game :(
It is not easy to resist temptation of using this exploit just to lvl up gems. My respect to those who do . And sadly still no response from BLizz...
I'm thinking about one thing. What if Blizzard let this exploit go live for one simple reason - buff Necropack sales. Indeed, just consider this - you want easy GR110+ party? you have never done GR100+ before? your gear sucks? no problem. Buy Necropack for 15 bucks , gear up your necromancer within 3 days and voila - you can go GR110+ as a sup easily . And you guys have been playing hard to level up your gems above 120 lvl for a half a year? Ha ha ha ))
07/05/2017 12:31 AMPosted by Tares
Whole NS scene will disappear. There is not so many of us, but oh well, it will be the time to find another game :(

Yup this one has the potential to be a real fiasco. Blizz has to handle this properly. If people aren't banned they have to be at least rolled back. Otherwise it just makes a joke out of NS play as far as leaderboards etc. are concerned.
07/04/2017 11:25 PMPosted by Shivera
Hahaha... I remember an "infinite gold" Youtube video that got a take-down notice. It was a joke video, but it still got a take-down notice AND an in-game change.

The video showed how to get "infinite gold" by creating a game, going to Act 3 and looting the chest by the merchant. I think you got something like less than 100 gold. But the video showed it in a loop, thus "infinite". 1 week later, the author had to change the video and showed the take-down email that he got from Youtube. And then the chest was made to be empty.

Rofl... this company.

Wow... are you serious.. this company is full of scum. The absolute worst, corporate counterproductive decisions that only idiots with big money can make.. working for corporations the worst, nothing ever gets done, everyone covers their own asses, and nothing matters but numbers and what looks good, not smart practice or longterm decisions while the artists and designers- the people with actual intellect- are treated like slaves...ugh gross. Its like ..real capitalism.
They will fix the flaws but sure bet they will not reset peoples gem levels - why ? Because its ns and they dont care what happens in ns. Since the introduction of seasons they stopped caring for ns alltogether. Yet to see a feature or a reward added exclusively to ns since season 1 occured; not to talk about a ns journey.

They actually only use the few weeks ns phase as an open beta for necro bug / imbalance detection season prep, after it will be dead game mode again. Beeing aware of that chances are bad that they will ever feel motivated to reset peoples gem progress. I'd seriously wonder if that ever happens.
07/04/2017 07:06 AMPosted by MissCheetah
The sad fact is that the Forums also have much lower unique IP traffic than some of the streams and social media. To reach a wider audience they have to reach out via other means - knowing players will bring that back here to the forums to discuss it.

I have to say, Blizzard did it to themselves, in every possible way. We never forced them to "leave," they're forcing us to pay attention to other sources. That's the reason why there's more traffic elsewhere. Hell, I'm about to skip town myself. If all we're doing here is talking to a brick wall, then what's the point? I recently migrated from the EU forums because they are completely dead. It's more like a guild forum than an official, regional forum. I thought perhaps all the blue posts went to the US, and that Blizzard only paid attention to the US forums, but it appears they're MIA altogether... so, again, what's the point?

I started getting seriously involved with the community after Blizzard innovated D3 into a corner they can't escape from. I took my grievances to the official forums because that's where they belong. I don't use facebook, or twitter, or rabbit or any other ridiculous social media, but a lot of people do... and they won't be any less "critical" in any other venue/forum. In fact, if I have to create social media accounts just to reach Blizzard, I'll probably be even more upset. So there... that's it for that logic. Not that they're listening.
i wonder if this desaster could have been avoided if the last PTR would be public as usual.
07/04/2017 07:33 AMPosted by JoJo
All users using this BUG must be banned!

what if your triggering the bug without knowing what it is ?
07/04/2017 07:06 AMPosted by MissCheetah
07/04/2017 06:51 AMPosted by lv426
For some reason blizz thinks the worst place to post info about d3 is the official d3 page and forums, i honestly dont get it.

Unless youre post is about a puppy named diablo you wont get any type of blue post. CM's and devs just dont care

Not defending it because I totally see how frustrating it is. However, Blizzard's stance on the Official Forums is that they exist for players to discuss the game with other players. Even the Tech Support forums are for players to help each other, with Blizzard moderation occasionally.

The official news channels are the Front Page of the D3 website and the Launcher. Secondary to that they spread news via Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Streams, and interviews with fansites (which also capture streams and reddit sometimes).

The sad fact is that the Forums also have much lower unique IP traffic than some of the streams and social media. To reach a wider audience they have to reach out via other means - knowing players will bring that back here to the forums to discuss it.

I am sort of part of the problem in a way because I make sure to track down info and post it here for everyone so they don't have to search around. I at least give you guys the links if I can. From there most of the time others grab onto that post and keep sharing here.

I don't think that is ideal of course. I don't mind them using social media - that is kind of how the world works now - but I wish they had a tracker on the D3 site that linked to the reddit posts, fan page interviews, streams, etc when they do Q&As or group plays/question sessions. It is not great that visitors to the official site (front page) have to hunt around through the web to find scraps of news about bugs, patches, and future plans.

Sure, other social media or whatever may allow them to connect with more people at once, but there is also nothing stopping them from using more than one medium. As for how Blizzard vs. D3 team treat the forums - just look at the blue activity on the WoW and Overwatch forums. ESPECIALLY Overwatch. You can tell how much Jeff Kaplan cares about the game he works on. He takes that extra step to not just post on the forums, but to do so regularly, and make his presence felt by the community.

D3 team? Nada. None o' that.

@OP, good luck.
07/04/2017 11:07 PMPosted by Parruna
07/04/2017 05:56 AMPosted by Rafahell
Devs on this game are lacking serious communication. They post on Reddit, and even on a goddam stream, but they don't post on the official forums.
"Oh but the community is critical about then"
Boo hoo grow a pair

D3 has been bugged since the release and you're still playing it...

But why? GG

Have a kid, work all day, playing casually, because this game allows it. That doesn't mean I can't complain. Good old days, when even Mike Morhaine came to the forums to apologize for the game when needed
Having researched how this actually works reminds me how just the other day I was wondering why they didn't just make Curse of Frailty reduce the afflicted's max HP by 15%.
I can fully understand the majority of the people that doesn't like this kind of behavior.
It is an extreme increase of power they gain from this use.

People that doesn't use this kind of mechanics lose a huge portion of progress and fall much more behind from the allready really irrelevant top of the players.

!!! BUT !!!

This is not an exploit. It is simply a heavy abuse of an ingame bug that somehow went live.

An exploit is something you have to force, something you need to do things to for to reach a certain point.

For example....

----------------------------------------------
One of the Top 3 DH's in EU uses a melee 1h weapon and a melee range weapon since 2 season-cycles. This is nothing you could do by mistake.
It is not possible for a DH to have such a constellation equipped.
To be able to get to this point you have to solve a hidden! mechanic and steps to get to this and this makes it an exploit.

Hellfire Amulet....

Again, a hidden mechanic that needed steps to reach it function availabitliy....
What we see here is simply a combination of 2 "open for everyone" skills that unluckly have such a huge power that they totally destroy every other dmg-possibility.

The use of MFD and that curse rune is nothing that is somehow hidden or has some requirements to get that function.

This mechanic has been patched in. Every single player can use MFD and the rune in combination.

With those things said i really can't imagine they ban a single person, because they didn't do something wrong.
If you use this mechanic with a clean conscience stands on another peace of paper.

There won't be bans and i would really be surprised if they get rolled back. If so, it would be a bad behavior from Blizzard just to statisfy the majority that can't do it with a clean conscience.

My Call:

No Bans
No Rollbacks
Just a LB Reset

I'am not doing it on my own...just to defend myself for the upcoming BS....

In my opinion..... it is not ok, but nothing that poeple can be punished for.

Live with that! This whole degenerated discussion about this is allready went too far.

Fix it Blizz and reset LB's....
We've been waiting for response on the lack of zoomancer since the launch of Necro beta.
Right here... 270+ replies (as of today), no blue in sight.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20757376526