We, The Players, are waiting for a blue post.

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 14 Next
@mortred.
What do you smoke?

Only reset LBs?
And keep their 140 gems?
In 1 day they farmed gems for 1 year.
Do you know how many are speeding 110s?
And we sit here waiting

And fvck the legits again?

It is Bliz's fault so the best solution is to reset accounts and lb
07/05/2017 07:32 AMPosted by Mortred
An exploit is something you have to force, something you need to do things to for to reach a certain point.

You should check out the definition of exploit/exploitation.

I understand the sentiment: something the player does to abuse vs something that's in the game that can be abused

However, it's still abuse and it's exploitation. It is an unintended game mechanic and players are exploiting it.
What is the exploit?
After all this time, is it a certainty that, in fact, all this exploit after exploit, is unintended?

If someone cracks anything, it's still Blizzard's fault. The ones running the servers can't let it happen, either. Most people on, can't leave it as is, too.

Failure and mistakes are due to faults. You can't let them happen, so long as money is in play, especially. You can't waste people's time, and you definitely can't waste money, as it comes from somewhere.

You can't mess with something that's been paid for, even if enough people didn't pay the, "appropriate amount," directly, the desired number of times.
07/05/2017 07:52 AMPosted by Dragonfire
@mortred.
What do you smoke?

Only reset LBs?
And keep their 140 gems?
In 1 day they farmed gems for 1 year.
Do you know how many are speeding 110s?
And we sit here waiting

And fvck the legits again?

It is Bliz's fault so the best solution is to reset accounts and lb

Yes it's entirely Blizzard's fault as usual they released something and it's a disaster but this particular exploits puts all the ones that came before to shame.

My friend's and I are watching people rocket to the top of the LB using the DH/Necro combination and getting huge gem upgrades while we wait to hear from the Dev's what they are going to do about this mess.

Still not one word from Travis and company...
07/05/2017 09:25 AMPosted by Gannon
What is the exploit?

Really 7 down votes for a legitimate question?! ------the vile spewith forth on the forums.
Not going to get into the abuse/exploit part of this conversation, but keep this in mind - There was an INTENTIONAL design decision to make Frailty apply MAX damage possible in order to kill any mob under 15 or 18 percent. This was, dare I say, a lazy way to implement this curse. Complete oversight to not realize that a skill that applies 15% of dmg taken to surrounding mobs could be used in conjunction with their decision to apply such a huge damage number.
You know what Blizzard should have done?

#1 DISABLE THE NECROMANCER (his bugged skill, that is) until the bug is fixed
#2 Isolate each and everyone who used it (or join a cheating party) and take proper actions (nothing if it happened a handful of times, rollback if it happened frequently enough and BAN if it was used enough that it couldn't have been an accident)
Everytime something new was release an exploit occurs. "Player found exploit, player abused it, player caught and banned, player buy new copy = profit!" Hmmm...? Pattern? :D
Would be easier to ban all botter at least a few times per Season or Monthly with almost no need to do anything.
07/05/2017 10:57 AMPosted by Gannon
07/05/2017 09:25 AMPosted by Gannon
What is the exploit?

Really 7 down votes for a legitimate question?! ------the vile spewith forth on the forums.

It's the worst monster affix you can ever get.
07/04/2017 05:56 AMPosted by Rafahell
Devs on this game are lacking serious communication. They post on Reddit, and even on a goddam stream, but they don't post on the official forums.
"Oh but the community is critical about then"
Boo hoo grow a pair

Hearthstone has the same issue. Not only that but there is little to no moderation over at the HS forums.
07/04/2017 07:06 AMPosted by MissCheetah
07/04/2017 06:51 AMPosted by lv426
For some reason blizz thinks the worst place to post info about d3 is the official d3 page and forums, i honestly dont get it.

Unless youre post is about a puppy named diablo you wont get any type of blue post. CM's and devs just dont care

Not defending it because I totally see how frustrating it is. However, Blizzard's stance on the Official Forums is that they exist for players to discuss the game with other players. Even the Tech Support forums are for players to help each other, with Blizzard moderation occasionally.

The official news channels are the Front Page of the D3 website and the Launcher. Secondary to that they spread news via Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Streams, and interviews with fansites (which also capture streams and reddit sometimes).

The sad fact is that the Forums also have much lower unique IP traffic than some of the streams and social media. To reach a wider audience they have to reach out via other means - knowing players will bring that back here to the forums to discuss it.

I am sort of part of the problem in a way because I make sure to track down info and post it here for everyone so they don't have to search around. I at least give you guys the links if I can. From there most of the time others grab onto that post and keep sharing here.

I don't think that is ideal of course. I don't mind them using social media - that is kind of how the world works now - but I wish they had a tracker on the D3 site that linked to the reddit posts, fan page interviews, streams, etc when they do Q&As or group plays/question sessions. It is not great that visitors to the official site (front page) have to hunt around through the web to find scraps of news about bugs, patches, and future plans.

I think the forum is the first location that should provide information. Or the launcher with an additional link to the forum. But not adressing a pressing matter for over 24h like in this case isnt communication. Its a middle finger. But this is how issues are being adressed these days by many game companies. They are being ignored. The players be damned. I wouldnt even be suprised if nobody gets banned for the DH/necro bug and it will only result in a leaderboard removal.

I see other games with devs that can adress the community within hours of a problem or even within minutes of a server issue. Here people dont get anything for days. And no, I dont accept the excuse that they dont have the time to talk to the community. They have. They just refuse to invest it. Obviously they dont care about their reputation or want to maintain the bad one they already have.
Resetting the LB's will solve nothing. Many will still have 140+ gems to take with them to the next Era. As many have previously mentioned they have done 110+ speeds just to get 1%'s.

Why do we have companies like GGG who the Lead Developer comments on subjects on reddit within minutes on minor subjects, but we have one of the Biggest Developers on the Market that cannot even comment on an Exploit.

Flame me if you want but it is one in the same. GGG is one team working on one game, as such Blizzard has a Team working on one game as well...D3.
Still no official statement? This is getting really sad.

And in the meantime, Koreans has already cleared 147. Gratz.

EDIT:
Or 143, doesn't matter :(
07/05/2017 12:06 PMPosted by GeNg
Resetting the LB's will solve nothing. Many will still have 140+ gems to take with them to the next Era. As many have previously mentioned they have done 110+ speeds just to get 1%'s.

This is why every group on the 3-4 player LB using this unintended mechanic needs a rollback to last Friday. Rollback en masse.

The worst abusers could also be banned, but I feel bans are a tough sell for simply using two skills that synergize well.

Rollbacks achieve the desired result in terms of preserving fair play for those that did not abuse, and punishing those that did abuse.
I can't see them doing a rollback to so many accounts. Seems like "too much work" for Blizz.

I hope I'm wrong, but have they done separate rollbacks before?
07/05/2017 01:13 PMPosted by Wootytooty
I can't see them doing a rollback to so many accounts. Seems like "too much work" for Blizz.

Yes they have done targeted rollbacks before. But that was on a clear exploit with hellfire ammy bugging to get extra passives. And the blood shard exploit.

This is the equivalent of the Sever bug that I don't think had any rollbacks or punishments handed out. I could be mistaken though. So many people were cheating at that time its hard to keep it straight. That was around the high point of botting so the Sever bug felt tame compared to the rampant cheating going on.
Once you've got the list of accounts you want to roll back, you only have to push a button. It doesn't matter if there are 10 or thousands of them.

Yes. After the hellfire exploit was fixed, they actually either banned, rolled back or left as is the accounts that used it, on a case-by-case basis.

07/05/2017 01:17 PMPosted by Cuddlebear
This is the equivalent of the Sever bug that I don't think had any rollbacks or punishments handed out. I could be mistaken though. So many people were cheating at that time its hard to keep it straight.

Unless I'm mistaken, the Sever bug was fixed on the PTR and never made it to live , so there was nothing to roll back.
Watch Leviathan twitter.