A Crack at Improved Passives

Necromancer
Overall I'm loving the Necromancer, great job Blizzard, ignore all these whiners.

However, there are quite a few passives that I'm not so enthusiastic about, so I am taking a stab at spicing them up, here we go...

Bone Prison: Change it from 3 second duration to lasting until killed, give it a health bar of 10% of your life. Have the aberrant animator affect these prisons and give them little spikes if you have that combo.

Commander of the Risen Dead: Change to: Skeletal minion attacks reduce the cooldown of commanded golem by 1 second, Golem attacks reduce the casting cost of the next commanded skeletons by 10% per attack.

Dark Reaping: Change to: 10% chance on kill to spawn an additional corpse, consumed corpses grant 2% essence

Spreading Malediction: Change to: 1% additional damage for each enemy affected by leech, 0.5% additional crit chance for each enemy affected by frailty, 2% additional crit damage for each enemy affected by decrepify.

Eternal Torment: Change to: Enemies damaged by your Necromancer are afflicted by all of your equipped curses.

Rathma's Shield: Change to: Using Land of the Dead, Army of the Dead or Simulacrum reduces the remaining cooldown of the other two skills by 50%.

The other passives seem on par with other classes similar passives, these ones just felt a bit weak when I'm looking at them, and therefore I have yet to do more than just try them out and confirm my suspicions.
So you want Land/Army of the dead and Simulacrum to be on 10 second cooldown each before even considering ORotZ?

You were a rogue in pre expansion WoW weren't you? Only used to see "suggestions" like this on those forums.
07/06/2017 06:59 PMPosted by Vargg
So you want Land/Army of the dead and Simulacrum to be on 10 second cooldown each before even considering ORotZ?

You were a rogue in pre expansion WoW weren't you? Only used to see "suggestions" like this on those forums.

I played warlock in vanilla WoW

Also, you appear to be super terrible at math, so here you go:

Pretend you cast them all at the same time, that would leave one of them on 30 seconds left of cd, a 2nd on 60 seconds left and the 3rd still at 120 seconds. 30 seconds later if you were to cast immediately it would only take 15 seconds off the 2nd and 30 seconds off the 3rd and that skill would then be at 120 seconds. 15 seconds later it would take 7.5 seconds off of one skill at 52.5 seconds off the other. 7.5 seconds later it would take 22.5 seconds off one, 61.5 seconds off the other.

It would continue like that flowing between roughly 7.5-25 seconds between casts with an average around 15-20 seconds.

But I guess 15-20 = 10 in your head.
If you have like 40% CDR, you can cycle through every skill in 30s.
07/06/2017 06:30 PMPosted by Haggoroth
ignore all these whiners.

07/06/2017 06:30 PMPosted by Haggoroth
However, there are quite a few passives that I'm not so enthusiastic about, so I am taking a stab at spicing them up, here we go...

LOL