Jesseth Skullshield is NOT a Phylacteries

Necromancer
OMG ... was cube convert rolling Phylacteries to complete the Jesseth set since it was a Necro off-hand. I guess I didn't read the fine print description. It is actually a shield. Thanks Blizz for throwing me in a loop burning mats. I'll put this out there for anyone else wondering why it never appears from the cube rolling Phylacteries.
But it says shield right in the name of it, how on earth is that blizz's fault?
06/30/2017 10:26 AMPosted by Caladon
But it says shield right in the name of it, how on earth is that blizz's fault?

Think I need MORE coffee !!!!!!!
... so THAT'S why I never got it! LOL.
wow i must've spent 3k+ DB trying to get this!!
Are you people really this stupid?
07/06/2017 06:32 PMPosted by Hydrium

I probably would have done the same if I hadn't already heard/known it was a shield.

Sure it's an obvious shield and even has shield in the name, but we're all pretty used to having these kind of things be with the class specific items.
Skull*shield* ;)
Sometimes the link between seeing and registering is broken.

Like swapping rathmas gear for inarius and then wondering why the damage and protection is not there anymore. lol

"The Person Who Never Makes a Mistake Will Never Make Anything"
This whole thread just makes me want to face palm. The fact all of you apparently didn't know this item was a shield is honestly depressing.
  • It has "Skullshield" literally written in the name of the item.
  • It has chance to block and block amount as guaranteed stats something that would never exist on non-shield off hands.
  • The item literally has listed on it "Set Shield"
  • When looked up in Blizzard website it is specifically listed as a shield one of only 3 set shields in the entire game. https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/shield/#type=set
  • There is multiple live dev videos that explained even before Necromancer went live that this item would be a shield because it's iconic artwork to the Skullshield from D2 - https://youtu.be/Hg9N2NTafls?t=12m29s
  • Both the icon artwork of the item and the model of the item as seen in any video makes it obviously look like a shield.

The fact you blame Blizzard for your own stupidity and blindness for not noticing something so blatantly obviously that Travis Day even personally said the item would be a shield is sad. What is next are you gonna salvage all your gear then blame Blizzard for not telling you your gear would be destroyed even though a giant warning pops up telling you it will be destroyed if you click yes?
Listen I just want to post here to say thank you to the guy that put himself out there and said it was his bad for rolling Phylacteries. I too was wondering if it was from the class specific Phylacteries, or the shields, which typically only give class specific shields for the Crusader. Sure, there are a few that aren't, but I wasn't 100% sure, so thanks to poster of this.

To every a$$*ole that wants to roast, maybe some day you won't feel the need in your crap life to try to feel more superior than someone else and belittle everyone around you for silly things they do. Grow up, and stop being dbags all your life, and you might actually get friends that you can laugh and joke with over the silliness of things you do. You are not great, you are not perfect, stop acting like you are.
07/25/2017 12:55 PMPosted by Zzoddy
Listen I just want to post here to say thank you to the guy that put himself out there and said it was his bad for rolling Phylacteries. I too was wondering if it was from the class specific Phylacteries, or the shields, which typically only give class specific shields for the Crusader. Sure, there are a few that aren't, but I wasn't 100% sure, so thanks to poster of this.

To every a$$*ole that wants to roast, maybe some day you won't feel the need in your crap life to try to feel more superior than someone else and belittle everyone around you for silly things they do. Grow up, and stop being dbags all your life, and you might actually get friends that you can laugh and joke with over the silliness of things you do. You are not great, you are not perfect, stop acting like you are.

NP ... I threw it out there for informational purposes only ... for anyone who might have missed that detail ... regardless of the toxicity of this forum ... This was a good Blizz troll for those not paying attention. Thanks for this and glad to help.
Today I join the ranks of players who blew all their DBs on legendary phylacteries. Unite!

It dawned on me afterward that the thing was a shield. The true shame is that there isn't an appealing phylactery in existence. It would have eased the pain a bit. Now if I can only figure out why all my shards haven't yet spawned a Tasker and Theo.
That's nothin'. I knew a guy who spent thousands upon thousands of mats trying to get a Furnace from 2H Mighty Weapons. Oh the laughter when I told him what his problem was.
I hope these are just some kind of stupid jokes.....
07/25/2017 11:46 PMPosted by Zwero
I hope these are just some kind of stupid jokes.....

Well, aren't you Mr. Perfect.
07/06/2017 09:29 PMPosted by Ryofu
This whole thread just makes me want to face palm. The fact all of you apparently didn't know this item was a shield is honestly depressing.
  • It has "Skullshield" literally written in the name of the item.
  • It has chance to block and block amount as guaranteed stats something that would never exist on non-shield off hands.
  • The item literally has listed on it "Set Shield"
  • When looked up in Blizzard website it is specifically listed as a shield one of only 3 set shields in the entire game. https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/shield/#type=set
  • There is multiple live dev videos that explained even before Necromancer went live that this item would be a shield because it's iconic artwork to the Skullshield from D2 - https://youtu.be/Hg9N2NTafls?t=12m29s
  • Both the icon artwork of the item and the model of the item as seen in any video makes it obviously look like a shield.

The fact you blame Blizzard for your own stupidity and blindness for not noticing something so blatantly obviously that Travis Day even personally said the item would be a shield is sad. What is next are you gonna salvage all your gear then blame Blizzard for not telling you your gear would be destroyed even though a giant warning pops up telling you it will be destroyed if you click yes?

you re just mean.
I think a lot of us done that, don´t feel bad, and why the downvotes? He´s not exatcly blaming Blizzard and just warning other players.

07/06/2017 06:53 PMPosted by Cayenne
07/06/2017 06:32 PMPosted by Hydrium

I probably would have done the same if I hadn't already heard/known it was a shield.

Sure it's an obvious shield and even has shield in the name, but we're all pretty used to having these kind of things be with the class specific items.

I knew it was a shield since I played necro at release before season, and on season I still wasted a lot of mats till I remembered it was a shield

It doesn´t matter if it has shield on it´s name, it´s very expected that this would be a normal necro offhand since necro has no other leg shield, no skills revolving around shields and really no reason to use one.

But then again, last night I wanted to cube the leg effect of a few items to complete the journey, after cubing three I realize my inventory wasn´t getting any empty... for some reason I thought to use the cube at recipe 1 I had to turn the page, like getting a book and opening the cover to the first page. And that´s my story on how I burned 150 forgotten souls and 15 of each bounty mat rerolling a stupid poison immunity amulet.

Figured challenge rifts would keep me replenished of bounty mats for the season, not anymore lol
Blaming your fault to someone and have the guts to stand up for it? Kids these days are hilarious really. You just showed to the world your true color. Repent brothers! The end is near!
06/30/2017 10:21 AMPosted by Graveheart
Thanks Blizz for throwing me in a loop burning mats. I'll put this out there for anyone else wondering why it never appears from the cube rolling Phylacteries.

You people down-voting and belittling this post can't read and are toxic ... It thanked Blizz and simply forwarded experience info.