Jesseth Skullshield is NOT a Phylacteries

Necromancer
You think that is bad....I am wanting to upgrade rares to get an Uhkapian Serpent for my WD.....having a hell of a time trying to find a merchant that sells snakes.....please help!!!
Wow, you guys are dumb.... Yeah, I did this too. I felt pretty stupid. lol. I never looked at the actual item name. Just what the set did and "offhand". Eventually I happened to glance up at the name on the weapon. Skullshield... Oh... Time to grind some more mats. Thanks for making me feel better though everyone.
i've seen dumb, and then i've read your post. you're an all time winner.
please play znecro : you'll only be asked to press one button
10/07/2017 10:56 AMPosted by ZeFXIII
i've seen dumb, and then i've read your post. you're an all time winner.
please play znecro : you'll only be asked to press one button

Toxic comments like this shows your true colors ... instead of helping the Necro community you belittle informational related posts and make irreverent comments like this.
07/06/2017 09:29 PMPosted by Ryofu
This whole thread just makes me want to face palm. The fact all of you apparently didn't know this item was a shield is honestly depressing.
  • It has "Skullshield" literally written in the name of the item.
  • It has chance to block and block amount as guaranteed stats something that would never exist on non-shield off hands.
  • The item literally has listed on it "Set Shield"
  • When looked up in Blizzard website it is specifically listed as a shield one of only 3 set shields in the entire game. https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/shield/#type=set
  • There is multiple live dev videos that explained even before Necromancer went live that this item would be a shield because it's iconic artwork to the Skullshield from D2 - https://youtu.be/Hg9N2NTafls?t=12m29s
  • Both the icon artwork of the item and the model of the item as seen in any video makes it obviously look like a shield.

The fact you blame Blizzard for your own stupidity and blindness for not noticing something so blatantly obviously that Travis Day even personally said the item would be a shield is sad. What is next are you gonna salvage all your gear then blame Blizzard for not telling you your gear would be destroyed even though a giant warning pops up telling you it will be destroyed if you click yes?

The only relevant point you made was that "shield" is in the name. Not everyone is obsessed with the game, nor does everyone want to do research just to play a video game. And guess what? "Goldwrap" isn't actually a delicious Chipotle chicken wrap. "The Grandfather" is not an old man. It is actually a sword, believe it or not. So, given that this is a necro set, it's easy to see how people would assume this "off-hand" is a phylactery.
Honestly.

I knew darn well previously that it was a shield, but conditioning from this game makes it instinctive to go for the class specific items for things rather than the generic ones. So I still ended up being stupid at the start of the season gambling offhands.

Who actually ever gambles for shields from Kadala?

Nobody. Except for crusaders trying to get Denial. And how many players ended up with the exact same dumbfounded situation before people realized it wasn't a crusader shield ( and why isn't it a crusader shield still? )?

How many people gambling for Bul'Kathos swords mistakenly chose the wrong item type?

How many people thought Scrimshaw was a ceremonial knife?

That Immortal King / Inna's had a shoulder piece?

That Invoker had a chest piece?

Etc. Etc.

Hell, Justice Lantern is a ring. Even the Green Lantern Core had an actual Lantern manifestation.
10/07/2017 11:08 PMPosted by Alchemist5
07/06/2017 09:29 PMPosted by Ryofu
This whole thread just makes me want to face palm. The fact all of you apparently didn't know this item was a shield is honestly depressing.
  • It has "Skullshield" literally written in the name of the item.
  • It has chance to block and block amount as guaranteed stats something that would never exist on non-shield off hands.
  • The item literally has listed on it "Set Shield"
  • When looked up in Blizzard website it is specifically listed as a shield one of only 3 set shields in the entire game. https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/shield/#type=set
  • There is multiple live dev videos that explained even before Necromancer went live that this item would be a shield because it's iconic artwork to the Skullshield from D2 - https://youtu.be/Hg9N2NTafls?t=12m29s
  • Both the icon artwork of the item and the model of the item as seen in any video makes it obviously look like a shield.

The fact you blame Blizzard for your own stupidity and blindness for not noticing something so blatantly obviously that Travis Day even personally said the item would be a shield is sad. What is next are you gonna salvage all your gear then blame Blizzard for not telling you your gear would be destroyed even though a giant warning pops up telling you it will be destroyed if you click yes?

The only relevant point you made was that "shield" is in the name. Not everyone is obsessed with the game, nor does everyone want to do research just to play a video game. And guess what? "Goldwrap" isn't actually a delicious Chipotle chicken wrap. "The Grandfather" is not an old man. It is actually a sword, believe it or not. So, given that this is a necro set, it's easy to see how people would assume this "off-hand" is a phylactery.

10/08/2017 05:08 AMPosted by JoeShmo
Honestly.

I knew darn well previously that it was a shield, but conditioning from this game makes it instinctive to go for the class specific items for things rather than the generic ones. So I still ended up being stupid at the start of the season gambling offhands.

Nobody. Except for crusaders trying to get Denial. And how many players ended up with the exact same dumbfounded situation before people realized it wasn't a crusader shield ( and why isn't it a crusader shield still? )?

How many people gambling for Bul'Kathos swords mistakenly chose the wrong item type?

Etc. Etc.

Hell, Justice Lantern is a ring. Even the Green Lantern Core had an actual Lantern manifestation.

Exactly right ... thanks ... this is reason why this thread was created ...
10/08/2017 05:08 AMPosted by JoeShmo
Honestly.

Etc. Etc.

no mate, you're just plain dumb. you DON'T cube green items. period. tell us all the things you want but get yourself a brain. you NEVER cube green items. shield or no shield. get it amigo ?
Every class has a weapon and offhand set:
Barb has two 1h Swords set
Wiz has Wand and Source set
WD has Ceremonial knife and Mojo set
Monk has two 1h Fist weapons set
DH has two 1h Crossbows set
Sader has Flail and Shield set

and now we have Necro has Scythe and Shield set

But the question is why didn't they make a Scythe and Phylactery set for the Necro as well instead of Scythe and Shield set.
I understand Scythe and Shield due to bone armour skill and all.
But want about a Scythe and Phylactery set as well.

Also the DH doesn't even have a Crossbow and Quiver set.
10/09/2017 10:46 PMPosted by MaskedReaper

But the question is why didn't they make a Scythe and Phylactery set for the Necro as well instead of Scythe and Shield set.

You're an idiot the answer is in your own post. Each class has ONE weapon/off hand set. DH has the vault crossbows i forget the names but now the necro should be the only class to get 2 sets for weapon/off hand slots???

Also this thread made me laugh so hard so thanks to all the people who thought this was a phylactory, havent lol'd this hard at a thread since reading tx3000's posts
Lol did the same. Got it third roll on kadala once I used shield...
10/10/2017 07:53 AMPosted by Pressure
10/09/2017 10:46 PMPosted by MaskedReaper

You're an idiot the answer is in your own post. Each class has ONE weapon/off hand set. DH has the vault crossbows i forget the names but now the necro should be the only class to get 2 sets for weapon/off hand slots???

Also this thread made me laugh so hard so thanks to all the people who thought this was a phylactory, havent lol'd this hard at a thread since reading tx3000's posts

No I'm not saying Necro should get an extra weapon sets over all other classes.
I'm saying why wasn't it Scythe and Phylactery set to begin with.
I'm playing Necro now and I can't see how shields are good for Necro's as the class seems to have more Phylacteries based for them than shields.

When it comes to legendary shields Crusader is the only class that has crusader shields going for them.
Jesseth Skullshield is the only one off shield going specifically for Necro, but when you look up all the legendary shields game guide there are ones for all classes and then there ones for Crusader only.

But Necro class is more aimed for more Phylacteries...so it seems strange that that the Jesseth arms set came with a shield over a Phylactery....so you can understand why people would be confused as it seem natural that a Necro would go set Phylactery because of all the legendary Phylacteries.
Well I think Blizzard wanted an all bone armour look about them to which I can understand.
Great, I with I had red this post before spending 10 000 shards
I just read this now, and yeah, never thought it was really a "shield" coz this is my 1st time playing a Necro.
BTW, I've been playing for hours and never had a drop of this Jesseth skullshield, but I already got the Jesseth Scythe 4 times from monster drops. Is this not a monster drop and only a Kadala thing or a Kanai cube thing? I know I'm just almost Paragon 400 but is it really that rare of a drop?
Also, is anyone of you having latency issues right now? Mine's like constant 1000+ msec and spiked at 2000+ msec. Not sure if it is my IP coz I'm playing other games and not experiencing any latency issue.