LF Fresh 70, Pre Set Item Build

Necromancer
Is there a good build for a fresh 70 that will hold me until I start finding some decent legendaries and set items?
https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/necromancer-leveling-and-fresh-70-guide-patch-2-6-season-11
Thanks, I'm running with that now but it doesn't feel great and I am running on hard. Looks like it is on to the gear hunt.
Remember to wait to pop your mage until you have full Essence. I found most of my damage came from mage. Skellies protect you.

Also you don't have a follower with you. That helps tremendously.

Are you having more problem with killing things or surviving things?
More about speed, though survivability is a little lacking, but I havent found a lot of resist all yet.
Int gives you resist all, you will have plenty. What you actually want is Armor. I had to roll some onto my gear.

Speed sucks at this time. Low lvl necro is very slow, but it does get better. For foot speed, you want to make sure you have your paragon points + gear = 25% max run speed. And then get used to the mechanic of blood rush. It has a short cooldown and will help you move through rifts faster.

You want a boon of the hoarder lvl 25 on your toon while you farm up your first gear. It will help you with gold AND run speed. If you don't have one, ask in chat for someone to help you get one.
Also want to mention that you can craft decent gear from the blacksmith. I made the Sage's set to start, which was nice because some extra Death's Breath while you are gearing up is a good bonus. If you don't have the recipes, do bounties in adventure mode (you need the mats for crafting anyway).
Ill check out Sage's. Thanks!
1) Collect 25 deaths breaths (usually get that many between 61-70)

2) use cube to turn a level 70 2h scythe from rare to legendary

3) use abilities based around whichever of the 4 scythes you get

These steps alone will get you smashing through torment 1 at the least, where set items start dropping.
07/08/2017 07:10 PMPosted by Aradel
Remember to wait to pop your mage until you have full Essence. I found most of my damage came from mage. Skellies protect you.

Also you don't have a follower with you. That helps tremendously.

Are you having more problem with killing things or surviving things?

You don't have to wait until full essence for your Mages. It costs 40 essence and gains +120% increased damage at the casting cost. Anyway, here's an alternative version that uses Life Support instead of Singularity, but either will work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3Jfw6lc-Fk
07/08/2017 09:34 PMPosted by Cayenne

These steps alone will get you smashing through torment 1 at the least, where set items start dropping.

I ended up doing this and ended up with the Jesseth scythe and shield; torment 1 is a breeze now.
Do a simple thorns build with yellow items and you can do T4 as soon as you hit 70, obviously it would be more efficient to do a lower torment for speed though.

Cheers.
07/08/2017 11:27 PMPosted by MutantMonkey

I ended up doing this and ended up with the Jesseth scythe and shield; torment 1 is a breeze now.

The only reason I say 2h scythe is because they're all at least reasonable enough to build around. 1h is 50/50 since funery pick doesn't really help and jesseths without the shield is average. Scythe of the cycle and trangs fang are obviously wins.

Even the worst 2h (Bloodtide blade) will speed farm low torment.

Not really. Most of the 2hand scythes are terrible. You are far better off using DB to roll Rathma Scythe. Use blood shards or remaining breaths to get rathma shield.

Those two items alone means you can start farming T5/T6.
07/09/2017 09:50 AMPosted by RockmSockm

Not really. Most of the 2hand scythes are terrible. You are far better off using DB to roll Rathma Scythe. Use blood shards or remaining breaths to get rathma shield.

Those two items alone means you can start farming T5/T6.

Which of the 2h scythes are considered to be good?