Necromancer main problems

Necromancer
1 - Too dependant on ring to do damage. No gear can compete with that;

2 - Need TWO resources to do real damage: Essence AND corpses. Corpses are the worst part: need them to do damage or to fill essence to do damage. Other classes need only one resource or no resource at all (generator builds)
The more I play the Necro, the more tedious it feels. Maybe it's just me.
One thing I've noticed using the golem corpse gauntlets is the limit on how many corpses can exist (or be on the screen...not sure). I haven't counted to determine the limit, but considering they're a major resource, it's a bit frustrating to have a hard limit like that.

Anyone can test it with those gauntlets. Just run around in circles with your golem. After a short while, you'll start seeing the corpses disappear. Now, this could be a timer on the corpse defining how long it can exist, but I've backtracked to areas while running bounties and still had corpses around so I don't think that's the case...unless it's corpse specifically generated from the gauntlets.
07/17/2017 09:17 AMPosted by Frost
1 - Too dependant on ring to do damage. No gear can compete with that;

2 - Need TWO resources to do real damage: Essence AND corpses. Corpses are the worst part: need them to do damage or to fill essence to do damage. Other classes need only one resource or no resource at all (generator builds)

Actually 3, sometimes your life is a resource.

In any event, if you wanna melt things, just use rathmas,
07/17/2017 10:37 AMPosted by Kabookie

Actually 3, sometimes your life is a resource.

In any event, if you wanna melt things, just use rathmas,

Life spending barelly do damage w/o a corpse.

Also squishy class too dependant on belt to live.

Rathma is a PITA, autocasting skeletons mess a lot with gameplay.
не работают стаки костяной брони постоянно на 0
после обновления в 04.00 часов 18.07.17
1 - Each build needs an item. Julian's Love ring is essential for Skeletal Mage builds. Legacy of Nightmares rings are essential for all-Ancient build.

2 - That is a Necromancer's feature. This feature is way different from other classes. These are new features which other players like. I don't want a class that has same feature from the other class. Wizards are wizards... if I like its gameplay fine, I stick with them. Necromancers are necromancers... they have pet builds which is way way different than Witch Doctors. I don't want them to become Witch Doctors. I like the way they are right now. If Necromancers would have perma pets like Witch Doctors, I would rather play the Witch Doctors. But the good news is they are different. Collect corpses and use it for something. That differs them from other classes. I like new stuffs. And this is good whether if I perform better with this new class or not.
Most builds seem to mostly only use 1 of the 3 resources , while having some type of resource dump skill as a buff (a lot of times passively even, like devouring aura) so realistically it's not like you have to manage 3 different resources tediously constantly all at once , or even 2 depending on the build.

And about the ring, if you look at most end game GR pushing builds, they too are usually only focused on 1-2 legendary affixes, and then juicing up the power of that affix as much as possible.
07/17/2017 10:29 AMPosted by Mormegil
One thing I've noticed using the golem corpse gauntlets is the limit on how many corpses can exist (or be on the screen...not sure).
New generated corpses refreseh old corpses but still 16 is max outside from LotD.
The main problem is that there isn't a sensible build and the necro was released prematurely as it isn't a developed character yet.

there isn't even a pair of dedicated bracers.

The only build that was viable was nerfed after as little as two weeks.. well it wasn't the set that was downgraded, but the mirinae gem.

Very odd decision making from the devs
07/17/2017 09:09 PMPosted by Shaolin
The main problem is that there isn't a sensible build and the necro was released prematurely as it isn't a developed character yet.

there isn't even a pair of dedicated bracers.

The only build that was viable was nerfed after as little as two weeks.. well it wasn't the set that was downgraded, but the mirinae gem.

Very odd decision making from the devs

You had me until "only viable build nerfed". Trangs wasn't touched and smashes what the bugged inarius was doing.

Viable doesn't mean the same thing as fun.