Necromancer cant write

Necromancer
Some items and skills added with the necromancer pack have poor descriptions for what they actually do. I've gone through them and corrected what mistakes i could find.

Items

Dayntee's Binding
You gain an additional 40–50% damage reduction when there is an enemy afflicted by your Decrepify.

Additional to what? The skill does not give you damage mitigation, it only affects enemies damage dealt.

New
You gain 40–50% damage reduction when there is an enemy afflicted by your Decrepify.

The Johnstone
Each corpse consumed in the Land of the Dead grants a stack of Macabre Knowledge. Macabre Knowledge increases the damage of Corpse Lance and Corpse Explosion by 150–200% while outside Land of the Dead.

This does not mention stacks being lost on cast, giving the player the assumption that stacks are permanent and damage dealt gets higher with each stacks gained. I.e. 10 stacks would give 1500-2000% damage while outside Land of the Dead, permanently.

New
Each corpse consumed in the Land of the Dead grants a stack of Macabre Knowledge. Casting Corpse Lance or Corpse Explosion while outside Land of the Dead consumes a stack of Macabre Knowledge increasing damage dealt by 150-200%.

Trag'Oul's Corroded Fang
The Cursed Scythe rune for Grim Scythe now has a 100% chance to apply a curse and you deal 150–200% increased damage to cursed enemies.

The ‘...and you deal...’ can be misleading into thinking that the damage bonus is specific to Cursed Scythe rune.

New
The Cursed Scythe rune for Grim Scythe now has a 100% chance to apply a curse. You deal 150–200% increased damage to cursed enemies.

Reilena's Shadowhook
Every point of Maximum Essence increases your damage by 0.5% and Bone Spikes generates 2–5 additional Essence for each enemy hit.

Same issue here.

New
Every point of Maximum Essence increases your damage by 0.5%. Bone Spikes generates 2–5 additional Essence for each enemy hit.

Skills

Rigor Mortis
Poison abilities also slow enemies by 30% and reduce their attack speed by 30% for 5 seconds.

‘Also’ is not needed. Can be worded to use less words.

New
Poison abilities slow enemies movement and attack speed by 30% for 5 seconds.

Spreading Malediction
Receive a 1% damage bonus for each enemy afflicted by one of your curses

Poorly written.

New
Gain 1% damage bonus for each enemy afflicted by one of your curses.

Final Service
When you take lethal damage, you are sustained preventing all damage for 4 seconds. In addition, all minions are consumed to heal you for 10% of your Life. This effect cannot occur more than once every 60 seconds.

Doesn’t follow the same terminology the rest of the classes use.

New
When you take fatal damage, you instead become immune to damage for 4 seconds and consume all minions, each minion heals you for 10% of your max life. This effect cannot occur more than once every 60 seconds.

Grisly Tribute
You are healed for 10% of your Life on Hit when one of your minions hits an enemy.

Is it 10% of your ‘Life’ on hit or 10% of your ‘Life per Hit’...

New
You are healed for 10% of your Life per Hit when one of your minions hits an enemy.

Siphon Blood - Power Shift
Damage is increased by 10% each time damage is dealt. Max 10 stacks

Does it effect all damage or is it specific to Siphon Blood? Assuming Siphon specific.

New
Siphon Blood's damage is increased by 10% each time it deals damages, up to a maximum of 10 stacks.

Let me know if you find any more. Sorry if I've misspelled or overlooked something here, dyslexia's a B* and i'm a slave to my OCD.
07/03/2017 08:35 AMPosted by Zingy1914
Dayntee's Binding
You gain an additional 40–50% damage reduction when there is an enemy afflicted by your Decrepify.

Additional to what? The skill does not give you damage mitigation, it only affects enemies damage dealt.

New
You gain 40–50% damage reduction when there is an enemy afflicted by your Decrepify.

Nononono you gain damage reduction FROM THE ENEMY you cast Decrepify on. Been playing Inarius meleemancer and loling as to why i keep getting one-two shot all the time - the answer is archer monsters and mages are not cursed most of the time as i was relying on scythe melee attacks to spread decrepify. You have to MANUALLY cast the curse on all enemies on the screen to gain the full benefit - if some monster slips through you gonna take a lot of damage.

Also there is the passive Spreading Malediction that says your curses last forever, like the witch doctor passive for dot spells. But you don't see in the curses' skill description how long they last, or if they have a time limit at all.
07/03/2017 09:16 AMPosted by DarkSpell

Also there is the passive Spreading Malediction that says your curses last forever, like the witch doctor passive for dot spells. But you don't see in the curses' skill description how long they last, or if they have a time limit at all.

It's in the game now, each curse is 30 seconds

Nononono you gain damage reduction FROM THE ENEMY you cast Decrepify on

your toughness increases if you cast Decrepify on an enemy while wearing the belt. its flat dmg reduction.
You're absolutely right! After realizing Siphon Blood/Power Shift's wording ambiguously either amplifies Siphon Blood's damage or all damage (seems Siphon Blood specific), I had a second look at Trag'Ouls' Corroded Fang to see if this was specific to Grim Scythe and wasn't sure until I tested it.

Also, there is a natural ambiguity in multiplicative and additive increases. To make matters worse (was far worse a few patches ago), sometimes increases are additive to some shared multiplier (e.g. Enforcer's Pet Damage was additive to Elemental Damage once upon a time). I suppose they could clarify all relevant text where they say "X <thing> is increased by N percentage points" when they mean additive, and "X <thing> is increased by N%" when they mean multiplicative.
07/03/2017 09:35 AMPosted by Zingy1914
if you cast Decrepify

You still have to manually cast right? Coming from your scythe melee attacks doesnt seem to work.
You're thinking of the passive "Eternal Torment"
New
Gain 1% damage bonus for each enemy afflicted by one of your curses.

there were rumors on the forum that it's also has a limited range

(I have never used this skill, can someone confirm if its 10% per minion or 10% regardless of how many minions you have.)

per minion