Jesseth Arms and Necromancer Speed Builds

Necromancer
When the Jesseth Arms set was originally introduced, it had a really weak bonus that gave Army of the Undead an extra rune. Then, they implemented the current amazing pet bonus with command skeletons, which is great for Rathma/pet setups, but doesn't really bring anything for other builds. To me, a class's weapon set should be flexible and useable by any set and should provide some utility and bonus.

Here's my thought: We take the Jesseth Arms bonus and make it the Rathma's 2pc Bonus. This will make the Rathma's 2pc useful and fun. Then we make the Jesseth Set cover a glaring weakness of the Necromancer, speed, by giving it the following bonuses:

(2) Set:
-Blood Rush no longer has a cooldown.
-You gain 50% damage for 5 seconds after using Blood Rush. Maximum 5 stacks.

That way, the weapon set is flexible and can by used by any sets (except LoN) for speed running rifts by giving you that permanent movement without having to sacrifice a weapon multiplier for ingeom. Additionally, we also gain damage as we move around (which could be tweaked to make it viable, my numbers are just an example).

Do you think this would be a good and fun idea, or do you like the set being only applicable and viable for pet builds?
07/04/2017 06:43 AMPosted by DrSeRRoD
250% Damage reduction? What?

I agree that the 2 piece bonus should be the Jesseth set bonus and that Jesseth should be reworked to do something new. Blood rush might be a great avenue to pursue as it could then be the speed build Weapon Set, just like Danetta's is for DH.

There should be a cost involved though. "Blood Rush no longer has a cooldown, but costs 20 essence"

The Scythe alone could have the affix "Blood Rush gains the Potency rune"
The Shield alone could have the affix "Blood rush now casts a Blood Nova" (would cast at "destination point")
07/04/2017 06:51 AMPosted by Oscar
07/04/2017 06:43 AMPosted by DrSeRRoD
250% Damage reduction? What?

Damage, not damage reduction.
07/04/2017 06:56 AMPosted by DrSeRRoD
07/04/2017 06:51 AMPosted by Oscar
...250% Damage reduction? What?

Damage, not damage reduction.
whoops misread it. Also read above
Ah yes, I agree that cost can definitely be worked in there to make it more inline with things like aether walker that removed a cooldown at a cost of resource.
I agree with Oscar that it should get the Danetta's treatment, although I have a slightly different idea for the affixes.

-Jesseth Skullscythe: Blood Rush gains the Potency & Hemostasis runes
-Jesseth Skullshield: Bone Armor gains the Thy Flesh Sustained rune
-2pc Bonus: Blood Rush & Bone Armor no longer have a cool down. Bone Armor is cast at Blood Rush target location.

That would help with both movement as well as initial mitigation which is a real problem with the stacking design of the sets. The trade off would be having to manage your health.
07/04/2017 12:09 PMPosted by Mysticvermin
I agree with Oscar that it should get the Danetta's treatment, although I have a slightly different idea for the affixes.

-Jesseth Skullscythe: Blood Rush gains the Potency & Hemostasis runes
-Jesseth Skullshield: Bone Armor gains the Thy Flesh Sustained rune
-2pc Bonus: Blood Rush & Bone Armor no longer have a cool down. Bone Armor is cast at Blood Rush target location.

That would help with both movement as well as initial mitigation which is a real problem with the stacking design of the sets. The trade off would be having to manage your health.
for speed sets though in T13, the issue isn't really the damage, and it isn't even really the mitigation, that's all really there in a lot of the sets. The thing holding back the speed sets right now is mobility and pack killing without stopping except to pick up DB's and pings. Inarius can do this right now with the current gem procing, but if that gets nerfed, even a little, it's going to spell doom for the current speed.
Removes the Bloodrush's clunkiness : Baem. Best Set for Necro without even having the other set pieces LMAO. But I think thats just a programmed concept........ that effing sucks.

If they removed its clunkiness, that'd be a quick and fun fix for necro players. I have not played once this season because the fun builds are still not able to be played in higher than T10 pre 1k paragon. They should tweak or give rare items that allow those other weak skills to be viable at some point with the proper synergy.

Sure the game was stuck in dev hell for the longest time and Nec was a DLC, but some loving doesn't go unnoticed for the franchise and what fans do when a franchise shines bright.

Actiblizz needs to learn that our wallets are "strangely" linked with our "hearts" (=brains... we're loyal, but notice me not playing this entire season? ... perhaps era or for ever at this point :S).

Good comment about jesseths. It sucks to be stuck in one aspect of the game... and its the worst aspect: single target summoning? Yuck. Not against summoning altogether, but we're fighting hoards of demons. Not willing to kill them 1 by 1.. 1 at the time.

^^^^
^^^
^^
^

- I was never a fan to begin with, but I know how you create them ;')
Stop pretending we care about the money we spend L0L. There are limits to retardation... most of us AREN'T Trump supporters.
05/22/2018 12:02 PMPosted by Jozriel

Stop pretending we care about the money we spend L0L. There are limits to retardation... most of us AREN'T Trump supporters.

Regardless of your personal politics, what does that have to do with ANYTHING?!? I can ALMOST give it a pass if it was the General Discussion forum, but this is supposed to be the Necromancer forum. There are PLENTY of places on the internet for political discourse, some of them may even care which side of the aisle you lean.