Please change/remove the Blackthorn set Blizzard

General Discussion
07/18/2017 12:31 PMPosted by Forrest
The game is evolving but Blackthorn stays unchanged for several years. While it could be useful as a general set, it is now completely outdated and useless.

Absolute right, on minutes can found something better.
Blackthorn set is symptomatic of what is horribly wrong with the itemization system in D3.
I suggest to add 2 more pieces to make the Blackthornes a 6-pieces set, purely building up attack speed (AS), critical hit chance (CHC), critical hit damage (CHD) and damage reduction (DR). So that it is available for all classes, for any skills.

2 pieces bonus: +20% AS, +10% CHC, +100% CHD + 10% DR
4 pieces bonus: +50% AS, +40% CHC, +400% CHD + 30% DR
6 pieces bonus: +100% AS, +70% CHC, +1000% CHD + 50% DR
Just leave as it is and add a painful Set Dungeon with it (+5diff vs Wastes).

Jokes apart - definetely needs rework, also had like 3-4 primals and cross is always making me thrill (CD/CC/socket/elemental pledge maybe).
07/18/2017 02:07 PMPosted by Mousserande
07/18/2017 02:01 PMPosted by ThumpsAloT
Ohhhh, no you don't!

I'm not giving up my Primal Blackthorne's Amulet.

Yes, I actually have a Primal Blackthorne's Amulet. Talk about a kick in the goodies.

That's the dream! I have yet to achieve primal level of dissapointment.

Bro try a primal Paddle...ive gotten 3...
07/19/2017 06:30 AMPosted by bluemoon
I suggest to add 2 more pieces to make the Blackthornes a 6-pieces set, purely building up attack speed (AS), critical hit chance (CHC), critical hit damage (CHD) and damage reduction (DR). So that it is available for all classes, for any skills.

2 pieces bonus: +20% AS, +10% CHC, +100% CHD + 10% DR
4 pieces bonus: +50% AS, +40% CHC, +400% CHD + 30% DR
6 pieces bonus: +100% AS, +70% CHC, +1000% CHD + 50% DR

Add off set pieces, could mix with class sets in an interesting way.
Just put it in with the Blacksmith's crafting pool!
Wearing 4 pieces (3 with RoRG is even more wasteful) to get immunity to 3 effects, 2 of which you can get with a single Amulet is worthless. This had some use back in the days before Kanai's cube and when sets were not all 6 pieces because you could mix and match but now it's not much more useful than a legendary without a power!
I am pro to revive it with both hands. Been a fan of Blackthorne set since vanilla D3 and still been redrawing my chars as Blackthornes. Also, Blackthorne and Warcraft1 were the first Blizzard game I played back in 1995.

Back to the topic.
The problem with legacy sets (Blackthorne and one for each of initial classes) is non-standard equipments slots. I mean, I like it when it's not classic 6-piece: much less boring to have sets of 4 or 5 pieces, or 6 with different slots. But it is also very hard to balance such combos out.

I do not think Blackthorne should have a damage boost like 2000% or 4000% or whatever. But I would very much like Blackthorne to be a support set that would successfully compete with 3-4 Legendaries each 6-piece green set has. So it would be a matter of choice to wear them or use a slot for Ring of Royal Grandeur, 5 items from main set and say 3 items from Blackthorne.
Simple general boost of extra -20% from elites, 15% cooldown and something else that works for all classes regardless style would do well. 4-piece bonus is also cool by itself.

Same goes for crafted sets: Should not be too much but should be an alternative to gold legendaries supplementing main 6-piece sets.
here is what i think they need to do (in a nutshell) make it a bootleg lon so instead of 100% per item 50% and 25% damage reduction (and alternatively 150% for primals that would make it viable for all classes but not op in anyway and it would make a tanky build yet good build that would with all primals be super good and on top of that it would actually be a good thing to get primal blackthorns and that is what i think they should do (in nutshell)
Ahh Blackthorne's, the bane of my existence back when I was trying to get my first set on my crusader. Would get excited when green dropped, but nope, it was Blackthorn's.
https://imgflip.com/i/1w4ibe
We need an auto salvage option for Blackthorns. And maybe even a new color. What's the color for puke?

Blackthorns = Forgotten Souls
One of the worst feelings in the game is picking up 3 green ammys on a rift run and finding out they are all Ancient Blackthorns. Wasted RNG...
The game is evolving but Blackthorn stays unchanged for several years. While it could be useful as a general set, it is now completely outdated

That's the dream! I have yet to achieve primal level of dissapointment.

But, wait !!!

I also have a Primal Mempo of Twilight ... and a Primal Blackguard.

Holy 5#!7, I've hit the Trifecta !!!

Maybe, as a reward, they'll give me a Primal Potion of Chaos.

And? Did you expect primals to only drop as items you could use? Part of a loot grind game is finding upgrades in a sea of useless to you gear.
One good thing about Blackthorne's set is after a month into season, I level a HC hero up to 70 and start master or T1 Rifts and happily receive the Blackthorne 2 set for the vita and damage mitagation, with 4 set giving immune to Desecrator, Molten, and Plagued monster ground effects.

For a weak HC hero with no option of Haedrig Gift, this is excellent first set along the path to para 100 and beyond.

Always by the end of first day I am past the Blackthorne's for good with 4 new souls.

But always thankful for the first set that makes HC liveable early on.
Got a nice 3 piece Blackthorne's set (4 piece bonus with RoRG) on my monk combined with the full Uliana's 6 piece set bonus it makes him a pretty solid tank.

-JJ
+1000

I'm still laughing my candy bum off at the guy who rolled a primal BT amulet the other day. At the same time, I'm sick to death of every second set piece that drops is a BT.
OP is right. I want my Primal Blackthorne's char (any class) that can run at least GR90 in 2 minutes. My future Blackthorne clan depends on this. Make it so Blizzard! Unleash the power of the Blackthorne.....
Blackthornes are going to be reworked and be given to the Druid or some other upcoming class maybe.