Barbarian challenge rift.

General Discussion
Ran it a few times and I'm still a minute over. What the heck am I doing wrong? It's so slow, can't move through enemies, just garbage.
I am sorry, no one can answer that.
Maybe if you gave details of the setup. Skills, is it IK or Raekers or something way out there.
Every challenge rift is different and no one has anything of the same as you.
These are RNG generated of a previous run by someone else.

Are you trying to full clear the rift, or hunt down elites.

So many questions, not enough answers. Let us know so we may help.
I just did it on the second try, but I only had like 5 seconds left before I failed. The first attempt I was just learning the map layouts and locations of elites. The second attempt, I killed elites that were only on the way to the exit for the first two floors, the third floor has some good mob types. The fourth floor is a sewer floor with no density, but one elite, that elite helped me spawn the RG and I was able to kill him in about 8 seconds. So I guess run it a few times, learn the layouts and the locations of the elites, you'll be able to get it!
I did it on the first try with ~15 seconds to spare. Build is bad, you need to hunt elites mostly. Not worth killing small mobs.
Remember to spend your Fury to run faster. Ignore small mobs, as they aren't worth your time, especially with a "Single Target" build.
wow just wow
i barely managed to complete it. im sorry, but whoever made that barbarian failed hard. even *my* barbarian is more powerful.
07/10/2017 02:44 PMPosted by kwittstruck
I am sorry, no one can answer that.
Maybe if you gave details of the setup. Skills, is it IK or Raekers or something way out there.
Every challenge rift is different and no one has anything of the same as you.
These are RNG generated of a previous run by someone else.

Are you trying to full clear the rift, or hunt down elites.

So many questions, not enough answers. Let us know so we may help.

I don't know if you actually know what challenge rifts are. They are not different for different people. Everyone will run the exact same build for that week and you cannot change anything on the build.

It is NOT as you say "...and no one has anything of the same as you." In fact it is the opposite.

To the original poster: I agree this is diffenetly a wacky build. As others have said. It's a single target elite killer so just run fast between elites and focus them. It's suppose to be a barb thorns build.
Build is awful. Definitely a poor use of challenge mode. Instead of presenting players with a fun build, that might not cut it for GR progression, we are saddled with a frustrating crap build to painfully highlights why the current meta is the way it is. I think I might be done with this game, if we can expect more crap builds like this weeks.

News flash devs. I play this game for fun and you guys have been dropping the ball.
In response to Millin.
07/10/2017 05:52 PMPosted by Millin
Build is awful. Definitely a poor use of challenge mode. Instead of presenting players with a fun build, that might not cut it for GR progression, we are saddled with a frustrating crap build to painfully highlights why the current meta is the way it is.

Just because it isnt the most popular, best build of the barb, does not mean it isnt fun or enjoyable. It breaks up the rift/grift/bounties and provides a different way of playing things, even if it is simply a speed easy build to run.
Being different can be fun.
If this is what challenge rifts are going to be, I'm not a fan. Haven't been so far tbh. I am positive Blizz can do better. Look forward to seeing what they come up with.
07/11/2017 11:41 AMPosted by kwittstruck
Just because it isnt the most popular, best build of the barb, does not mean it isnt fun or enjoyable. It breaks up the rift/grift/bounties and provides a different way of playing things, even if it is simply a speed easy build to run.
you still didn't answer the question
07/11/2017 11:41 AMPosted by kwittstruck

The key word here being "fun". I dare say very few people could have found that barb CR to be "fun". The word I would use for that CR is painful.

I'm sure there are some people deriving fun from the CRs, however, I'm not one them and I don't think I'm in the minority. It's basically one run through and done for the weekly cache. If that's going to be the case...just save me the trouble and mail the cache to me every week. I got other "fun" things I can do...
the 8 mats aint worth playing on such a !@#$ build, just skip it this week!
Oh come on this was such an easy one.
07/11/2017 12:09 PMPosted by Aspirine
Oh come on this was such an easy one.

All of the CRs have been ridiculously easy...

Are they fun?
Are they engaging?
Do they make you want to come back and beat your time?

I'm sure some will answer yes to those questions. I think the majority will unequivocally answer no to all those questions and the only reason the vast majority will even run the CRs is for the easy bounty mats.

The content is too easy and the builds are atrocious.
This is why I like challenge Rifts, all this people talking like they know something about the game now struggling to clear something that is so freaking easy.....

2nd try had me at #8 on the LB a few hours after it came out. Just read the skills and think. The process is not very much different than a speed run really. Kill high density trash mobs, if no mobs, run to elites, repeat....
2nd run through I beat the clock by about 30 sec. I found the best was to try and mostly skip the first floor save for any elite packs and kill elite packs on the second floor and then head to the third where there is good density and plenty of elites. I just spammed the hell out of Sprint and filled Fury as needed.

That said it was a very bad build and not fun. I actually got excited when I saw Barb hoping it may have been a WW build. They also seem to be focusing on rifts that take less than 7 min to complete.