Can't find the code key

Technical Support
I bought the diablo 3 battle chest already, I can't the code key in my account management, then I don't know how to upgrade my diablo 3 started edition.
If you bought it from Blizzard then the game is automatically added to your battle.net account. You only need to manually add a game key if you buy a physical version of the game or get it as a gift.
I was given my copy of Diablo 3 Battle Chest as a physical version as a gift due to them no longer having a system strong enough to run it and it says it includes the expansion on the box, but states via my account that it is only running as Starter Edition and I either need to enter the game key to upgrade or buy it to upgrade. Have checked everywhere on and in the box even tried checking on the discs for a digital key file but to no good outcome, I'm guessing not everything was given to me that was originally in the box... as all I have is 4 code cards (3 of which aren't for Diablo 3, and the 4th is just the Guest Invite code for Diablo 3), the printed notepad with characters from Diablo, WarCraft and StarCraft and the two discs in their slip covers.
Hi Cerberus1874 ,
Although mine is not battle chest, both my D3 classic and RoS expansion are physical copies. The game keys are printed on stickers on the envolpes of the discs.
Hope that help you to find them.
04/23/2018 08:04 AMPosted by Cerberus1874
due to them no longer having a system strong enough to run it

If your friend already used the game code then you can't use it again. If they did not, then as Mask said it should be on the disc, envelope, or game guide.
I purchased the Diablo3 Battle chest with the expansion included, unopened from the store and there are no stickers with the keys in the box anywhere. The 2 cd pouches do not have stickers with the keys, there is a Blizzard note pad and a guest pass card for both Diablo3 and one for Warcraft. That's it. What can i do? The store didn't have any more copies as the one I purchased was the last copy on the clearance rack or I would have returned it for an exchange already.
07/12/2018 06:58 PMPosted by FunkyPants
I purchased the Diablo3 Battle chest with the expansion included, unopened from the store and there are no stickers with the keys in the box anywhere. The 2 cd pouches do not have stickers with the keys, there is a Blizzard note pad and a guest pass card for both Diablo3 and one for Warcraft. That's it. What can i do? The store didn't have any more copies as the one I purchased was the last copy on the clearance rack or I would have returned it for an exchange already.
Sounds like the box was already opened. Otherwise, I would check once more through the box, and if they don't contain the keys, then return for refund and purchase the game from the Blizzard store. Especially since there is a sale going on right now.
Check the game manual as well if it is in there. The CD key is usually on the CD cover or that manual. If it is not, then the store is the one who owes you a refund :( Blizzard can't really fix it if they sell you a product that has been opened. I get mine directly from Blizzard for that reason. They have D3 stuff on sale right now pretty cheap.
Ok, follow up from my previous post. Apparently Wal-Mart where I purchased the Diablo3 Battle chest has some serious issues that may require Blizzard Intervention. After going in for a refund and dealing with the customer service department we opened a brand new copy of Diablo 3 without the expansion set and there are no codes anywhere. The Customer Service lady i spoke with says that those (diablo3 games) all get returned with people saying they don't work. They (an assistant manager and support person) said the codes used to print on the receipts but don't anymore. We rang up the random new box we opened that had no codes and no codes printed on the receipt and then we did a return. So no codes in the box and no codes on the receipts for any diablo games sold at the Wal-mart in Leesburg va. Just a lot of upset people and from what the customer service lady told me, enough returns of that one product that she recognized it immediately as "oh yeah, people return those all the time" and then she laughed. Please follow up with the retailer as I have been playing Blizzard products since the original Warcraft in the early 90's but I can only imagine the number of potential fans being turned off from buying your product and not being able to actually play it without buying it again. FYI

Is there any way to activate the game with the serial number on the box or find out if the game codes associated with that serial number have been used already?
07/15/2018 06:07 PMPosted by FunkyPants
Is there any way to activate the game with the serial number on the box or find out if the game codes associated with that serial number have been used already?

No, there is no link between the serial number and the game code. It is best to just by the game directly from Blizzard. That Walmart sounds like they have horrible service if they did not bother to solve the problem. It is up to them to realize they are selling a product without a key and FIX it or not sell it.
I sent my friend the battle chest, and it says the order is "queued" do I have to wait a couple days before my gift goes through and they can play with me? This is probably not the right place to put this, but why the heck not.
07/20/2018 09:26 PMPosted by JumpyWizard
I sent my friend the battle chest, and it says the order is "queued" do I have to wait a couple days before my gift goes through and they can play with me? This is probably not the right place to put this, but why the heck not.

Financial transactions can take up to 72 hours to process as per Federal banking regs. Usually it does not take that long though. Once Blizzard has the funds from your bank the gift should unlock.