Blizzard, do you know WHY tranq blood performs so well?

General Discussion
07/16/2017 03:21 PMPosted by Waagabond

In 50, 60, 70 You run through without taking too much damage and as such you will think its high density cause you run around 1 shooting mobs.
The white trash is extremly seldom dangerous at those very low levels.
I can lol around with whatever spec I want and clear this.
Im talking about 90 plus and especially 95 plus greater rifts.
Try doing a gr 100 with too much survivability items and skills and your damage will fall off so hard you cant clear it.
Again, I dont mind being more glass cannon but density is low and trash mobs are so dangerous that skipping is hard.

[/quote]

So, you say in higher GRs your damage is too low if you want to survive? Exactly my point.
You lack damage to go further. Which by your own words is fine with you.

If a build requires you to clear trash to survive, you need the damage to not fall behind by doing so.
If you take too long for that, your damage isn't sufficient.

I know you talk about 95+, but I brought up 70s on purpose. You can finish every single rift. You can't finish every rift in time, but that's not the rifts fault, but you simply couldn't kill fast enough -> lack of damage.
They play at gr 65, the season reward is at 70 because they think it makes diablo hard. They are happy that all builds can play "high end content" *cough gr70s* and think you must be cheating to solo anything above 80.

At least that's my theory...
I have a feeling some peoples fail to understand the difference between low GR and High-end GR.

You could argue that damage is the issues in high-end GR because like some peoples have said in this thread, you can do 100% of GR70 regardless of what spawn.

But let's formulate things from a different perspective.

Let's say you have gears that can do GR 80 ~50% of the times and let's assume you'd be able to do GR 85 with a 5% chance.

Sure you're going to do GR 70 100% of the times.

========================================

The main issues is that 100% for GR 70 with GR 80 gears at ~50% and 5% for GR 85 is a completely different story for higher GR.

Sets items have fixed values (set bonus), Damage Reductions have Fixed values (DR coming from legendary/set bonus).

When you reach about GR 90 with ANY classes, you reach a point where DR(Damage Reduction) is not enough to power through trash monsters. Meaning you simply CANNOT ignore them anymore.

The higher you go the more apparent this become.

Anyone who hasn't cleared above GR 90+ can't understand what is happening at those levels.

Let's assume two scenario. A & B.

A = You have the damage to do GR 85 but just borderline.

GR 85 5% chances to clear
GR 80 50% chances to clear
GR 75 100% chances to clear
GR 70 100% chances to clear

The above is not equals to:

B = you have the damage to do GR 105:

GR 105 0.5% chances to clear
GR 100 5% chances to clear
GR 95 50%chances to clear
GR 90 99% chances to clear

After watching hundreds of hours of peoples fishing said high GR this is my analysis. I've watched many streamers fish high GR and I believe the above data is not so far from the truth.

I genuinely don't think that someone that hasn't experienced GR 95+ can understand the difference.
They reduced damage at least once if not more. In S1, you were insta-gibbed around GR 40. S tiny worm passes by and you Wizard pops.
If clearing above 95 is becoming the norm then a mob damage nerf is in order.
Also bad, unclearable rifts are the norm, which is a shame.
Of course this does mean the game would become easier for everyone.
Perhaps this can be done without power creep.
Do we really want to wear a bunch of things giving us DR or does Bliz just need to tone down mob damage.

Think about it, in solo we are tank and dps. Why does dps need mitigation?
07/16/2017 12:23 PMPosted by Eradifyre777
Trags only really performs from a dps standpoint,super squishy and gimmicky though. Imo necro is unbalanced in general you either are always waiting for cd or your trading survivability for enough dps to clear. Hit hard and die constantly to clear higher grs or never clear high grs with rathmas or inarius and pestilence set isnt even in the running. Doing better with dh impale that hasnt changed in months than i am with any of the necro builds. Its kinda sad but the necro already feels like a huge disappointment and the season hasnt even started.

Although not nearly as gimmicky as some other builds :)
I skipped several seasons because my favorite class, Wizard had to gimmick with Twisters and then Chantodo. Good riddance!
Here is the issue with Rathma set in particular, you can go defensive which allows you to skip some thrash mobs. Not all trash mobs mind you as too much range monsters tagging along will also get you killed, but enough to skip a few thrash to pick your fights. I've done a defensive Rathma build up to GR90, anything past that will require gear changes and more glass cannon to get past 90 as you don't have enough damage to beat the clock.
Necro just has toughness issue in general due to lack of viable defensive legendary items. Currently Necro has only a belt that forces you to use Decrepify, which not every build can afford to put on the skill bar, a ring that only grants DR if you lose health, and pants that not only competes with set pieces but also forces you to use Golem.

Passive wise there is only Stand Alone that pet builds are obviously unable to use.

That being said, monster damage scaling in GR70+ has already been significantly nerfed. Before the said nerf, old GR80 monsters do the same damage as current GR100 monsters. I personally think monster damage is now at an acceptable level, the real issue is the insane amount of ranged monsters they put in GR in patch 2.5.
07/16/2017 07:33 PMPosted by HunterKiller
Necro just has toughness issue in general due to lack of viable defensive legendary items. Currently Necro has only a belt that forces you to use Decrepify, which not every build can afford to put on the skill bar, a ring that only grants DR if you lose health, and pants that not only competes with set pieces but also forces you to use Golem.

Passive wise there is only Stand Alone that pet builds are obviously unable to use.

That being said, monster damage scaling in GR70+ has already been significantly nerfed. Before the said nerf, old GR80 monsters do the same damage as current GR100 monsters. I personally think monster damage is now at an acceptable level, the real issue is the insane amount of ranged monsters they put in GR in patch 2.5.
this.. and the effing juggs making fishing ridiculously sparse given the essence system for Necro. Don't get me wrong, I like the system, its a challenge but jugg ghost mobs spamming AoE floor effects? yeesh..
07/16/2017 07:45 PMPosted by Paladinrja
jugg ghost mobs spamming AoE floor effects? yeesh..

Lol, that's when you leave the game.
07/16/2017 07:49 PMPosted by Joltacks
07/16/2017 07:45 PMPosted by Paladinrja
jugg ghost mobs spamming AoE floor effects? yeesh..

Lol, that's when you leave the game.
What else can ya do?.. You're whittling as it is.