Kanai's Cube quest line?

General Discussion
I just completed the game in campaign mode for the first time all the way through Reaper of Souls. The next item on the agenda was to start the quest line to acquire the cube in adventure mode.

Behold my complete disappointment when I pop into adventure mode for the first time and discover that I already have the cube....? I was really looking forward to doing the quest and experiencing everything that came with it. Where did I go wrong? Did I miss something in the campaign mode?
You can only acquire the cube in adv mode so it must be another of many new bugs.
07/05/2017 07:51 PMPosted by Blackarrows
You can only acquire the cube in adv mode so it must be another of many new bugs.

That's what I read! Hence why I started adventure mode for the first time, and noticed that the cube was already there lol
Had you been in adventure mode before? There really isn't anything to the 'kanai's cube quest line' so you might have previously done it doing bounties accidentally and not noticed.
The only thing you missed is wandering around 2 maps and clicking on the cube.
This is the entire "quest"

Step 1. Speak to Zoltun Kulle in any city to begin the Kanai's Cube quest.
Step 2. Head to the zone called Ruins of Sescheron, Act 3.
Step 3. Explore the first map until you find a blue portal that allows you to enter Elder Sanctum. Enter it.
Step 4. The Kanai's Cube can be found on a pedestal in the Elder Sanctum, usually on the top-right of the map. Click on it to finish the quest.
07/05/2017 08:06 PMPosted by Cayenne
Had you been in adventure mode before? There really isn't anything to the 'kanai's cube quest line' so you might have previously done it doing bounties accidentally and not noticed.

Nope! Haven't done any adventure mode stuff yet. Just finished the campaign mode. I'd remember battling ancients in a place I've never been before. :P
It's a bug then. Restart and follow SoAngry's steps and see what happens.
07/05/2017 08:01 PMPosted by Legion
07/05/2017 07:51 PMPosted by Blackarrows

That's what I read! Hence why I started adventure mode for the first time, and noticed that the cube was already there lol

you could always expereince the quest the next time seasons is active and you hit LVL 70 in seasons that way you get to experience it.
Did you try to use it? Of course it appears for everyone in town, but usually only unlocks with the quest.
GameGenie That was the best response I've read lol
03/07/2018 05:59 PMPosted by MrPitbull
GameGenie That was the best response I've read lol
Near a year late.... Watch the post dates unless there is something more relevant that you can add.
07/05/2017 08:51 PMPosted by SoAngry
This is the entire "quest"

Step 1. Speak to Zoltun Kulle in any city to begin the Kanai's Cube quest.
Step 2. Head to the zone called Ruins of Sescheron, Act 3.
Step 3. Explore the first map until you find a blue portal that allows you to enter Elder Sanctum. Enter it.
Step 4. The Kanai's Cube can be found on a pedestal in the Elder Sanctum, usually on the top-right of the map. Click on it to finish the quest.

Friggin thread necros. At least have the decency to pick the right avatars!
I know he is just trolling, but ...

He can do in the hardcore mode again.