Additional Information for Patch 2.6.0 Exploits

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 36 37 38 41 Next
I respect Blizzard and team managers.
Respect until ban.

Kappa
08/01/2017 05:42 PMPosted by spacecadet13
There are more posts in this topic then there are players on the US server that have been genuinely affected by the exploit.

10 leaderboards; 1 for each class, 2, 3 and 4 player. Max 10000 players.

Say half those on leaderboards actually care about their rankings; 5000

Say each player that's on a leaderboard and cares about their rankings has positions on two other leaderboards; 1666

And of that number, lets say only half used the exploit - now we are down to 800. And that's the absolute maximum. 800 "Legit" players with high paragon and high augments who have never botted or exploited and now have slightly lower leaderboard rankings because 800 other players did exploit. Yawn.

And, the really interesting thing is, very, very few of those 800 'legit' players are complaining about it here. Maybe because there's a lot less of them than 800....Instead we have a multitude of players that aren't affected in any way posting that they are 'outraged' that they now can't compete fairly on the NS leaderboards. As if that was ever going to happen under any circumstances, exploit or no exploit.

There never was, never has been, never will be, fair and 'legit' competition on the leaderboards. You can only compete against yourself - improve your GR level, or your time for a level. That's it. And the exploit doesn't change that at all. Get over it already.

Even if your calculations would be accurate by any means... EVEN then the mentality from you is "I'm ok with murderer as long as they don't kill me".

All your random numbers have no backup and wont mean anything as long as you don't get this.
I've read a lot of really good and really bad ideas.

For starters, I just got D3 for my Xbox One. I have no idea what exploits you're referring to because Blizzard refuses to give us patch notes. I had to read patch notes from the PS4 groups to find out what has been changed. So there was no warning to Xbox players about an exploit. That's my first complaint.

Second complaint, if no people are using the characters the way you set them up and you're not happy about it, the responsibilities lay with you to fix the issue, not just tell people "You're too powerful because we made the class that way so don't try so hard". Its just like in D2 when people were getting temp bans for playing too long. I know people with disabilities that this is an escape for.

So here's what a June 27th roll back would have done for me, as a non-exploiter, I would have lost all the characters I played since I bought the game on the 1st. And yeah, I played a necro because it was new, though I usually go for DH. I would have been looking to someone for money back on the game. Straight up truth.

Here's how this should play out.

First if it's truly an exploit, fix it and talk with your software engineers about your expectations. DO NOT PUNISH THE PEOPLE WHO PAY YOU PUNISH THE PEOPLE YOU PAY FOR SLOPPY CODING.

Second, if it's not a true exploit, then tune the game ... character or mobs. I prefer mobs personally because I don't believe in punishing creative thinking, which is exactly what nerving does. You can't force someone to play a game the way you want. If that's your goal, you might as well take your ball and go home.

Lastly, get some patch notes on Xbox so we don't have to go hunting to find out what changes were made so we will be in the know.

As for people who truly exploit the game, perm ban them, make them buy a new copy. You make more money, they WILL buy a new copy If they don't then you have gotten rid of bad element and created a better gaming experience for all.

As for how to stop all offline exploits screwing with online exploits, then that's simple either make it online all the time like you did with PC, which I doubt you can due to licensing agreements with Microsoft, or create a walled garden between offline play and online play.

You can have as many offline characters as you want, but you aren't on leaderboards and your time doesn't count toward any events or what have you.

There you have it, comment, complaints and solution.

I don't like to just come on and complain, I prefer to offer other solutions.
08/02/2017 10:42 AMPosted by Horrax
Even if your calculations would be accurate by any means... EVEN then the mentality from you is "I'm ok with murderer as long as they don't kill me".

The estimations are on the low side; there is almost certainly far less 'legit' players affected than 800. Probably not even 800 world wide.

And, seriously, 'murderer'??? Some players used an exploit in a PC game, but yeah, from the hysteria and panty-bunching here you'd think people had lost their lives as a result. For 90% plus of the players who have posted on this topic, the exploit made literally no difference to their game. None. They're fooling themselves, and trying to fool others by posting how outraged they are. "Hey look at me! I'm mad! I'm legit! I used to be competitive before the exploit!" And if you read those posts you might think "wow, that guy is steaming, he must be a seriously competitive legit grinder who has dropped out of the top 50 of the leaderboards due to the exploiters." But when you start looking at profiles, most of the posters here are sub para-1200's who couldn't get near a leaderboard if Blizz gave them fifty level 150 legendary gems and 250 paragons for free. And the remaining posters might, might, have been in the top 200-300 on one or two boards. Get a grip, princesses. This whole topic is the equivalent of guys on a pickup basketball team at a local YMCA complaining that if Carmelo Anthony goes to the Rockets they won't be able to compete 'fairly' and 'legitimately' with the Rockets any more.

Yeah, the game is totally ruined for me. I used to be able to get into the top 700 on leaderboards, but now I can barely make the top 800. BE (Before Exploit) leaderboards used to be fair, and perfect and honest and legit, but now, like the game, they've utterly, totally, completely changed...forever!

Keep deluding yourselves, and keep those fake salty tears rolling...they're delicious!
its already 2018 guys! Jesus...
08/02/2017 05:13 PMPosted by spacecadet13
08/02/2017 10:42 AMPosted by Horrax

The estimations are on the low side; there is almost certainly far less 'legit' players affected than 800. Probably not even 800 world wide.

And, seriously, 'murderer'??? Some players used an exploit in a PC game, but yeah, from the hysteria and panty-bunching here you'd think people had lost their lives as a result. For 90% plus of the players who have posted on this topic, the exploit made literally no difference to their game. None. They're fooling themselves, and trying to fool others by posting how outraged they are. "Hey look at me! I'm mad! I'm legit! I used to be competitive before the exploit!" And if you read those posts you might think "wow, that guy is steaming, he must be a seriously competitive legit grinder who has dropped out of the top 50 of the leaderboards due to the exploiters." But when you start looking at profiles, most of the posters here are sub para-1200's who couldn't get near a leaderboard if Blizz gave them fifty level 150 legendary gems and 250 paragons for free. And the remaining posters might, might, have been in the top 200-300 on one or two boards. Get a grip, princesses. This whole topic is the equivalent of guys on a pickup basketball team at a local YMCA complaining that if Carmelo Anthony goes to the Rockets they won't be able to compete 'fairly' and 'legitimately' with the Rockets any more.

Yeah, the game is totally ruined for me. I used to be able to get into the top 700 on leaderboards, but now I can barely make the top 800. BE (Before Exploit) leaderboards used to be fair, and perfect and honest and legit, but now, like the game, they've utterly, totally, completely changed...forever!

Keep deluding yourselves, and keep those fake salty tears rolling...they're delicious!

You still don't get it. You even misinterpret my comparing statement.

But since Blizzard doesn't care anymore you won. So yeah you can be happy about yourself... but stop thinking your explainations are of any value.

Leaderboards what....? Of course all leaderboards are affected. Even though I had much success on all kinds of leaderboards in the past this isn't even the main concern.
The environment is affected all over the place. People made a ton of progress where it's not deserved. Now this will not change so the NS environment is toxic forever. Good for you if you think that is fine. I like clean games where cheats and the likes are not allowed.

it still remains a bad decision and time won't change that.
This topic is limited.
I hope this topic will cause many violators, cheaters, botterss, to think about what they are doing )
Kolsen

08/04/2017 09:08 AMPosted by CYRAX
I hope this topic will cause many violators, cheaters, botterss, to think about what they are doing )

A lot of trolls like you.
facepalm.jpg
08/04/2017 09:42 AMPosted by DreikViharev
And I am not afraid cause never bot.

So do not suggest to close this topic if you aren't afraid of linking your main acc. Also this topic will be continued.
08/04/2017 10:15 AMPosted by jonydikov
And I am not afraid cause never bot.

So do not suggest to close this topic if you aren't afraid of linking your main acc. Also this topic will be continued.

Logic is another, if I cheat I will not write the post 1st. So stop speaking about sharing accounts, dude. Sharing accounts is bannable.
08/04/2017 10:28 AMPosted by DreikViharev
So stop speaking about sharing accounts, dude

I never claimed about sharing accs in this topic, stop your imagination.
07/27/2017 06:14 AMPosted by MissCheetah
07/26/2017 10:23 PMPosted by ZeeLoyd
5)devs go on vacation
6)devs fresh back from vacation

Just to clear this up - the Devs did not go on vacation. Our Community managers did. Nevalistis was off the week of July 4th and Tyvalir was off the week after. There was always one of them in the office though.

Now the dust has settled what's your take on the Devs response to this exploit?

Mine is clear, they have let down the community and they have lost trust and credibility to act appropriately in future.
08/05/2017 06:16 AMPosted by VroOmM
07/27/2017 06:14 AMPosted by MissCheetah

Just to clear this up - the Devs did not go on vacation. Our Community managers did. Nevalistis was off the week of July 4th and Tyvalir was off the week after. There was always one of them in the office though.

Now the dust has settled what's your take on the Devs response to this exploit?

Mine is clear, they have let down the community and they have lost trust and credibility to act appropriately in future.

Sitting here sipping coffee and trying to figure out how to reply.

I have been mulling this over now for weeks and have concluded that yes, I am still very disappointed and frustrated with the response. I understand there may be technical limitations that influenced what they could do as far as rollbacks or even detecting who exploited. That does not excuse the lack of communications and the message that ended up being sent though. By not handling this in a way that seemed fair (rollback exploiters to before the exploit) it gives the impression that Blizzard does not take unfair gameplay seriously. We also did not have a bot ban for Season 10 that I know of which further gives that impression. I know that is really not the case, but it does give that perception to many. This is not a perception that is good when you want to build an eSports empire - upholding fair play as a company is critical to the reputation of the eSports efforts even if D3 is not on the eSports radar.

I have accepted that they likely never can tell us exactly what the could/could not detect and why they were so limited in their response. Giving details of those systems only helps the bot writers and exploiters figure out how to game the system. That does not mean I have to be happy with it. Just "feels bad man".

So yes, disappointed and frustrated would sum it up. This is why I have been so quiet other than answering basic questions/bug/tech issues. I honestly don't know what to say.
I recall you saying you would take some time and give them the opportunity to read the feedback and maybe look at the situation with a fresh take. Your more level headed than me.
I've played this game more than most. Took a break to do other things and came back to the forum right after the necro release to have a read on how it is. I wanted to buy it.
Came back right as the exploit was found and hung around waiting for the Devs to do what most thought they would do. Be fair to those legit players who did as they were asked.

Really disappointed, haven't purchased the dlc, haven't booted the game since either.
You never know I may buy in future but in all honesty it's unlikely, I can't see much point when the players have been pretty much abandoned.
That's my take anyway.
I bought all diablo games day of release, 2 on pre order. Won't again.
08/05/2017 09:25 AMPosted by VroOmM
haven't purchased the dlc, haven't booted the game since either.

Neither have I. Well, to be more accurate I have not booted any game at all in well over a month. Personal things going on - not a reaction to the exploit situation.

08/05/2017 09:25 AMPosted by VroOmM
I recall you saying you would take some time and give them the opportunity to read the feedback and maybe look at the situation with a fresh take. Your more level headed than me.

Thanks. I try to be level headed and as fair as possible. Look at both sides and try not to respond with emotion. I just feel very let down on this. I spent a lot of time when the exploit came out trying to keep people calm and had faith Blizz would fix it in a way that was fair to players. I don't feel this was fair.

I will get over it I am sure and do look forward to seeing how they continue to improve the game/add classes or content. I will eventually start gaming again and play D3. I love that the game can be picked up and put down at will, unlike a game like WoW that moves on without you. I will of course keep helping players with basic questions and such here on the forums. Nothing wrong with doing that and it makes me feel like I achieved something positive when I can assist someone.

Maybe I will have a chat with Nev when she gets back from family vacay.