Pestilence 2pc Cold Lance build

Necromancer
After playing around with the Pestilence set for a while and finding the 2pc really cool but useless, I decided to play around with it and try to make it less useless. Now I'm at a point where I've pushed the 2pc build further than I have the 6pc build.

This is what I've got so far:

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Cayenne-1913/hero/90592735

And a rough as guts diablofans version incase I've switched gear:

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/92442-pestilence-2pc-only

The build plays out fairly similar to the blood lance trangs build, but with moribund gauntlets providing more consistent corpses and the 2pc making it rain lances.

Decrep everything to bunch them up thanks to briggs. Pop land of the dead and spam devour while also casting lance. Thanks to the pestilence 2pc, devour will cast ~20 lances a second on top of what you're casting, which will clear screens. Be careful to stop spamming devour as soon as land of the dead finishes so that you don't waste any corpses made during that time.

Outside of land of the dead, try to only throw lances on targets stunned by bone armor or frozen by ice golem. If you bunch them up well with Decrep, ice golem freeze can be really effective and area damage will do a lot of work. Moribund gauntlets make it easy to maintain 20 corpsewhisper stacks.

With CDR all over the place, Blood is Power, and Decrep: Borrowed time, you can have land of the dead up nearly every elite pack and never run out of Johnstone stacks.

It's still a work in progress and obviously nowhere near as strong as actual set builds (this doesn't even use LoN), but I've downed 75 quite comfortably with crappy rolled gear, no augs, and 900 paragon.

Hit me up with any suggestions for different things to try.
Actually, 70 is probably more the comfortable level for me. 75 is doable, but 70's are around 8-10 minutes.

To me this says a lot about the general power of the necro (specifically corpse lance), and also the state of the Pestilence set.
I don't agree with you. I am sorry. You may have enough damage you want but you don't have defensive stuffs of the set coz you are only using 2 pieces.

Trag'Ouls' and Pestilence sets have defensive bonuses to get you going to higher Rifts.

Although using a full Pestilence build with 6 pieces is kinda underwhelming on damage but it can clear out a GR70. The 4-pc bonus of the set plus the Bone Armor bonus would make us Survive above GR70. It's just the damage cant take us to higher GRifts.

Since you are using a Corpse Lance, you would do better with a full Blood set with 6-pieces. Its 2-pc, 4-pc and 6-pc bonus gives Survivability way way above GR70 without the Bone Armor. It's 6-pc bonus makes the Corpse Lance damage skyrocket far far better than any Necromancer spells.
07/12/2017 08:48 AMPosted by MrCute512
I don't agree with you. I am sorry. You may have enough damage you want but you don't have defensive stuffs of the set coz you are only using 2 pieces.

Trag'Ouls' and Pestilence sets have defensive bonuses to get you going to higher Rifts.

Although using a full Pestilence build with 6 pieces is kinda underwhelming on damage but it can clear out a GR70. The 4-pc bonus of the set plus the Bone Armor bonus would make us Survive above GR70. It's just the damage cant take us to higher GRifts.

Since you are using a Corpse Lance, you would do better with a full Blood set with 6-pieces. Its 2-pc, 4-pc and 6-pc bonus gives Survivability way way above GR70 without the Bone Armor. It's 6-pc bonus makes the Corpse Lance damage skyrocket far far better than any Necromancer spells.

What exactly are you disagreeing with?

In no way is this meant to be a competitive build, I'm just saying I've been able to push further with this than with 6pc pestilence so far.

It's been talked about plenty of times how terrible the 4pc of pestilence is, and I'm using golem pants for 30% which isn't far off it anyway. Could use Aquila, or both and drop the frostburns if survival is that big of an issue.

For me it's just that corpse lance has the supporting legendaries and bone spear doesn't, so it's putting out more damage than the 6pc.

And of course trangs is better, this is an almost setless build... Necro can farm t13 without sets or LoN.
I've opted for Aquila instead of Golemskin. Also, with the homing nature of Corpse Lance I'm not sure how much benefit you're getting from Brigg's. I'm running Zodiac for better uptime on LotD. I also run a variant cubing RoRG with Sage gloves & helm.
07/12/2017 04:47 PMPosted by Mysticvermin
I've opted for Aquila instead of Golemskin. Also, with the homing nature of Corpse Lance I'm not sure how much benefit you're getting from Brigg's. I'm running Zodiac for better uptime on LotD. I also run a variant cubing RoRG with Sage gloves & helm.

I did try Aquilas over golem pants but I found I wasn't keeping it up as much as I'd like because I was spamming too many curses and not devouring enough. If I drop down to gr60 though I can nearly just hold space bar and spam devour so it would be up 100% there.

Sages is a good idea, and it's part of why I was trying this. Death breath farming once the season starts, since none of the sets allow sages comfortably.

Are you sure zodiac is doing anything for you? I only tried it very briefly but it didn't look like I was triggering from Lance or decrep.

Ps that's a sweet Trang fang you've got.