pestilence build: huge problem.

Necromancer
True about attack speed, That's why I have Trag's in hand and Spike in the cube. I do work alot to position myself and the mobs to kill them, make them forme a row, curse and stun then at this point, Bone spear is ravaging.

I know I shouldn't work that hard to kill mobs when Inarius is just about passing through.
HAHA, PESTILENCE

Mad respect for trying OP. xD
The class needs more offshoot legendary attire.
Like another belt and braces that reduce damage received on hit by 30% like the DH and WD have.
If you take them off the DH and WD they actually are not too far off. It is however noticeable that by default it is incredibly difficult to get a default set with toughness much higher than 15mill and that's being kind, it''s generally much less.
Honestly if they truly want this as a speed set they either need a bracer that splits bone spear and refunds cost to offset the cost increase of spike. OR a bracer that does something with the shatter rune like increasing its radius or spawning different explosions and refunding cost. Right now it just doesn't fit at all. I love the bone spear skill and when i first saw the necro coming back i wanted to push with that. I hope they change it for the better.
Has anyone tried working in gem of efficacious toxin? Using poison skills, with decripify sounds like it'd increase sustainability. Just a thought.
I haven't had a chance to try it over T9 with some new pieces, but using the ring that pulls guys into curses using decrepify on the 40% damage reduction rune, the exploding bone spear, frailty on the aura rune, devour on the aura rune, 50% crit chance with ice blink level 25, corpse lance on the ice rune brings it up to 65% crit, bane of the powerful, esoteric alteration, sun seeker or whatever for elite damage, etc. etc., I haven't had that many problems. I am hoping to be able to try it out real soon on GR45+ and see how it works.

I generally have all the available stacks at 100/200/25 and never run out of essence and only have trouble with 2 or more elite groups at once. Also I'm only like paragon 200.
-----------------
edit:
I feel compfortable with T11. Damage of Bonespear sucks above T11. Killing Riftguardians or tanky elites is no fun then.
-----------------

Since I realized and accepted the fact that the 2pc bonus is not good for damage dealing I feel like it's possible to fix the problems mentioned by the op. I no longer waste a cube or item slot with Corpsewhisper Pauldrons, The Johnstone or anything that increases Corpse Lance damage. Watching all the Corpse Lances during Land of the Dead with Devouring Aura was fun to watch but I don't use this skill anymore.

Instead I asked myself: "If the sets 2pc corpse lance is not good enough for damage, what else is it's purpose?". I think it's great at keeping all enemies stunned. Simply choose Corpse Lance as skill with the rune that stuns and the auto corpse lances will stun too. Stunned enemies are awesome for defense (Ancient Parthan Defenders with a lot of damage reduction) and offense (Krysbins Sentence trippled bonus).

For more defense I like Dayntees Binding together with Decrepify, of course with the stun rune. I love cursing anyways because of Briggs Wrath. This ring is what makes Bonespear really fun to use.

Two must have weappons (one in cube): Scythe of the Cycle and Maltorius Petrified Spike. Using Bone Armor is awesome not only for Scythe of the Cycle but it can stun.

With the mentioned setup I feel like the squishiness problem is solved and it's a fun playstyle:
Curse enemies, so they are pulled to one center. Use Bonearmor to stun them. Note that at this point your Dayntees Binding 50% are active and the Parthan Defenders add 12% for each stunned enemie. Next shoot a Bonespear for massive damage into the ball of enemies. Note that Krysbins bonus is trippled because they are stunned. Your 2pc set bonus now fires corpse lances around that will stun, so again that's a trippled Krysbins bonus even if your Bonearmor is on cooldown. Curse them to pull and destroy them with Bonespear ...

On TX you one-shot a lot and don't have essence problems. But for above difficult levels you need a plan how to recover essence. I think Flesh Golem with Moribund Gauntlets + Requiem Cereplate in cube is awesome. To add even more essence recovery you may saccrifice the defense of Parthan Defenders and switch them with Reapers Wraps + Life from Death passive.
Pestilence set can go up to T11 just fine. Then T12 becomes impossible. I think it is because the corpse lances seem to actually do enough damage to kill at T10 then struggle for damage at T11.

For low torments corpse lance the poison ricochet rune clears out trash the fastest. As mentioned earlier the stun rune can keep the kryspin 3x proc up. I prefer bitter chill because I think the stacked up crit chance works for all attacks and helps out your bone spear to help down the elites/RG faster.

The buff I would propose to Blizzard for pestilence set is to either a. 6 pc increase ALL poison damage the necro deals 3300% (I mean it is the poison set) or b. make both bone spear and corpse lance deal 3300% more damage
I got super excited to play the Pestilence set after I found this http://imgur.com/a/Yf71l

I was doing some insane damage, but like everyone else says.....one shot on anything above TX.
08/08/2017 05:45 AMPosted by ddevil
On TX you one-shot a lot and don't have essence problems. But for above difficult levels you need a plan how to recover essence. I think Flesh Golem with Moribund Gauntlets + Requiem Cereplate in cube is awesome. To add even more essence recovery you may saccrifice the defense of Parthan Defenders and switch them with Reapers Wraps + Life from Death passive.

I have been playing the Pestilence set for a bit and came up with the stuffs that you mentioned. But I am not using Bone Armor. I realized that after playing too much Rathma. Rathma is just dependent on 4-pc bonus of its set and they don't need Bone Armor. So I did the same with Pestilence, I just make sure that it's 4-pc bonus is always active getting rid of Bone Armor. Bone Armor is only for Inarius set.

I use Pestilence only for farming right now coz of its underwhelming damage at highend Rifts.

Just look at how fun farming is when at lower level. Here's my sample video of farming gold at Torment 10:

https://youtu.be/7ckrPijlbes

I can do Torment 13 with it but it requires more Bone Spears to kill mobs instead of one-shot killing them.

https://youtu.be/sT3YLiSAEGU
Well with patch notes out I'm a little disappointed. The set needed more affection. Maybe the surrounding legendary buffs will make it better, I don't know but I'll sure try!

Dem Bone spears will be even more awesome, I see it from here!
My recommendation is to drop convention of elements, put ring of royal granduer on. Put on corpsewhisper pauldrons and in cube use moribaund's gauntlets. This is the best way to stop from being cucked imo. Thoughts?
06/30/2017 07:36 AMPosted by Dement
So I'm trying to play a pestilence build because that is all I've found so far and I have a lot of the off-pieces and a couple decent rolls. There are a couple seriously glaring flaws that make it darn near unplayable really besides farming t10 without perfect gear I think.

1) INSANELY squishy. I'm talking somehow I get one shot in t13 by anything at all. My character sheet shows my toughness sitting at like up to 80 million with everything stacked and my HP around half. I've done EVERYTHING I can to build around getting more toughness to the point I just don't do enough damage anymore, and I'm still getting exploded. I guess it's because I don't have stock damage reduction bracers. In fact, I cant seem to find any bracers at all worth wearing.

2) This is the biggest thing here with this build. If I die, I may as well just exit out of whatever rift I'm doing if I'm solo. That or I can sit around for 2 minutes and wait, it doesn't matter. Because of the stacking mechanic of the pestilence set, I drop all my damage reduction stacks, all my bone spear stacks, all my johnstone stacks, everything. Death is insanely punishing for this build. Once you die, you now have to wait 2 minutes to play again because of the enormous land of the dead cooldown you rely upon so heavily.

3) insane reliance on corpse generation. Unless youre generating TONS of corpses, you're screwed. If youre on a rift guardian or a tough elite, and you don't have a corpse flow coming, you may as well just die and go afk or leave the rift.

These issues make the set unplayable. If you die once, you're done... and you're SUPER squishy. If you are fighting tough enemies that require multiple shots for any length of time, you're done. Game over. Makes the set unplayable. At least with my build.

Yah I know the set sucks and I'm trying to get a better one.

And yet it's number 1 on leaderboards, it's the fastest rift build, i do 100 solo in 4/5 min, 60 in 2min and under, it's the best, most reliable build ever. You just don't have a clue what you're doing, it's obvious. Sorry !
01/11/2018 03:51 PMPosted by ZeFXIII
And yet it's number 1 on leaderboards, it's the fastest rift build, i do 100 solo in 4/5 min, 60 in 2min and under, it's the best, most reliable build ever. You just don't have a clue what you're doing, it's obvious. Sorry !

Well it definitely wasn't the top build back in June 2017 when this was posted. :)

01/09/2018 06:58 PMPosted by Tyrael918
My recommendation is to drop convention of elements, put ring of royal granduer on. Put on corpsewhisper pauldrons and in cube use moribaund's gauntlets. This is the best way to stop from being cucked imo. Thoughts?

Thoughts? Well, first thought would be to check post dates and not bump old threads.
I kinda like the playstyle... but most of the community apparently hates it.
But well, it's like that with many things in life...
Hi, I have worked with the pestilence set for a while now and found ther is no waiting to kill. You have to manage you Devour and only spam it as needed when elites and switch off leaving corpses to use when you mouse over enemies. This way you can move along throwing corpses from behind you killing enemies as you go.
Am running 98gr using 2 computers, 2 accounts left and right razor mice 2 Necromancers at the same time so I get fast cooldown by alternating the characters LOD.
Using the basic icy veins corpses lance build and with a small adjustment put Stuart’s greaves in cube I get a high speed farming necro.
Love this build just need to work at it and goes well.
Not squishy, need to run a bit to get toughness up then toughness floats between 50 and 300m
HTH
I've played this build for months now and I love it.

I do a !@#$ load if dmg, I've fixed my cooldown reduction so that my land of the dead is ready almost constantly.

I use my skeletons as tanks and therefore almost never get attacked.

I move around to avoid range attacks.

I've stacked tons of resistance.

And I use decrepify for kiting.

Traghoul gear etc, corpse lance build.
so frustrating this set . with 2.5k paragon and a decent set I can not surive without monk or barb in GR110. meanwhile DH, wizz , barb or cruss under 2k are speed farming it.
needs dmg/ spash buff, armor buff, and a cdr buff.