Please help identify key HC builds

Hardcore
Like most people, I have a lot of post-season mail. I'm trying to be really ruthless with my salvaging, but I'm afraid of destroying items important for the builds I need.

So basically, I need to identify which builds are key (just for the 4 classes I've played in HC), what their HC variations are, and thence which items to keep.

I'm thinking, I want to keep two sets per class, with a backup of all items for their bounty, rift and Greater rift variations. Then, apart from some key items (Nems, F+R, LoN stuff), I can scrap everything else.

Here's my initial list. Please post links (if possible) or just the names of the builds you think I should be keeping for HC.

Demon Hunter: UE Multishot for farming; Shadow Impale for pushing; Chakram Marauder for tanking.

Witch Doctor: Helltooth Gargantuan for pushing, Helltooth Chicken for farming???, plus something else?

Wizard: Tal Vyr?, what else?

Crusader: Thorns Akkhan?, what else?

As you can see, I'm a bit lost. I find it hard to tell which builds on diablofans are actually good (esp. for HC), and I don't trust that Icy-Veins caters to HC at all.

Please help!
lon thorn / hammer sader are good
DH...shadow and UE. UE is multipurpose....you can use it for speed farming or pushing GRs with grenades. Shadow is great for speed farming, pushing GRs and is welcome in multiplayer GR.
No-one plays Wizards or Witch Doctors in HC?

As for DH, UE is generally very squishy, which is why it's not great for pushing. Similarly, Shadow Impale has such a steep toughness drop if you miss a skill activation, that it's quite risky for HC. In comparison, Chakram Marauder has near-constant toughness (but a more limited top end).

I do appreciate the two comments so far, but I really would like some information specific to HC.
07/10/2017 11:05 PMPosted by Starlite

As for DH, UE is generally very squishy, which is why it's not great for pushing. Similarly, Shadow Impale has such a steep toughness drop if you miss a skill activation, that it's quite risky for HC. In comparison, Chakram Marauder has near-constant toughness (but a more limited top end).

I do appreciate the two comments so far, but I really would like some information specific to HC.

Not great for pushing? Lol...UE grenades was the #1 clear in S10 with a 98.... Maybe it is a playstyle issue and you need to work on it?

Considering the guy that commented about crusader has been rank 1 in HC for multiple seasons on sader you should probably follow his direction.

Your excuses for DH are related to not knowing how to play it. I was pushing 93 last season and I never once worried about the issues you speak of.

The comments we made are related to HC....did you look at either of our profiles? You should probaby just stick to SC...you don't have what it takes to play HC....
Sorry about the misunderstanding.

I'm actually not familiar with the UE Grenades build, and the poster didn't mention that was what they meant. I've only ever played variations on UE Multishot.

I know it's a bit noobish, but I really find it hard to know where to look for good info on builds. People are clearly discussing them somewhere, but I just don't know where. I'd love to learn, though.

It is true that my skills don't compare to the top players. I tend to be more methodical with my key presses. This can work to my advantage in groups, where my latency is never much below 200ms. That's the other reason I want to identify tougher builds.

And someone said (in chat), that the Icy-Veins builds are for beginners. I'm not sure that's true (since they're put together by a professional player), but they don't seem to mention HC.
dfans and LB's are good places to find builds that work. Icyveins is fine, just tailor to your needs (& gear) as you go along.
Like CyberDoc said, for push builds inspecting the hardcore leaderboards is a great way to see what builds work. Generally, HC uses softcore builds but balanced for HC use (with the bare minimum of having the 2nd life passive always equipped). Previous posts on Sader and DH are spot on.

For Wizard, Tal/Vyr Lightning Archon is pretty much the best farming spec there is in the game atm (rifts and speed grs). For extra defense when needed, you can equip Ashnagarr's bracers, Galvanizing Ward passive (over Power Hungry), and Red/Green gems in chest and pants for the extra armor. Firebird's Archon with Chantodo's is also a strong spec and several high solo clears in S10 used this build because it can be safer to play than Tal/Vyr at higher levels (personally, I deleted my Firebird's gear because Tal/Vyr does everything better).

I pretty much never play WD, but I have seen Helltooth used mainly for farming with some Zuni sprinkled in. If you do group GR's with a meta group (Zbarb, Zmonk, WD, + RG Killer) then building for Arachyr Firebats or LoN Spirit Barrage would be good.
check my file

on wizard i like fire bird and on monk i like innas it is a slower growth but it is a stable and safe, i grow slowly and i don't normally worry about diying because of the set even in lag
07/10/2017 11:05 PMPosted by Starlite

I been running a HC WD with Helltooth set and combined with Blackthorn. The highest I was able to get was 35 GR in season but also started 4 weeks before the end. The time was just under the wire (like 14.35). The DPS is just to low right now with low paragon. I don't see the WD in seasons being good unless you get groups. For solo it seems to take forever with low paragon.

I tested a thorns monk in SC (which hasn't died yet) on 35 GR last night and was surprised. I do have one in HC too but haven't played HC for a few weeks as I test the builds in SC first.

Actually made a video of a second run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtI0q4uekUI
Things change over time but diablo3ladder has up to date top HC builds that are being used right now. I've rarely ran a exact build from there but its a good link to have saved