Support WoW, not D3

General Discussion
So I see a lot of forum posts requesting refunds on the Necro, which I totally understand and agree with. The shills and community members can counterpoint all they want, but the fact remains that we all paid for a (crappy) open beta.

Here's my recommendation. If you don't want to pay for the game, but you do play WoW, use WoW gold to buy the Necro expansion. Save or earn gold in game (around 120k currently), buy the token on the Auction House. Then, when you right click on it, you get two choices: add 1 month game time or $15 credit to the Blizzard store. Choose the $15 credit and voila: you have the account credit to purchase the Necro Pack.

My reason for specifically recommending this route is: WoW and it's financial statements will receive credit for the revenue earned, and the D3 team won't. This allows players to try the Necro character for 'free' while not financially supporting the awful Diablo 3 team. Think of it as a sort of financial protest which allows you to still play the Necro, but not support it's !@#$ty dev team.

This is just my opinion for players who want to try the Necro out, but aren't sure about spending $15 (hint: right now, its not worth $5).

Tldr: buy the Necro pack through WoW, revenue is credited to warcraft and not diablo teams, don't support the bad guys.
While I totally support using WoW gold for Auction House Tokens, you seem to have a misunderstanding of how the financial aspect works.

Player A buys a store token for $20 and puts it in the WoW AH. Player B buys it for gold then cashes it in for $15 Bnet Balance. A second transaction takes place when Player B uses that Bnet balance to get the Necro pack.

Blizzard counts that as two sales (one of the token and one of the Necro Pack). The D3 team gets credit/revenue for every Necro pack they sell. They also get an extra $5 out of it, although that is indeed credited to the WoW side. Further to earn gold people have to pay $15 a month to play WoW...so that ups the cost even more.

Now, if you happen to have gold sitting around and are no longer playing WoW but want to get a token - Billing will usually help with that so you don't have to buy game time to access your gold. You can talk to them and they will usually give you a few hours of game time to make the transaction. Just be sure to get enough tokens to cover any taxes or fees in your area.
Hence why I suggested it for current WoW players who have the time and gold. It's not for everyone. Thanks for showing up as always and doing your best to defend the D3 team though. I know you derive a lot of self importance from it :)
Also MissCheetah, it appears you have no idea how the store tokens work :)
07/16/2017 11:22 AMPosted by Tuna
Hence why I suggested it for current WoW players who have the time and gold. It's not for everyone. Thanks for showing up as always and doing your best to defend the D3 team though. I know you derive a lot of self importance from it :)

..... That's not a defense of anything (you idiot). It's a technical explanation for how the purchases work, and it directly refutes your idea of how they work.
07/16/2017 10:38 AMPosted by MissCheetah
Now, if you happen to have gold sitting around and are no longer playing WoW but want to get a token - Billing will usually help with that so you don't have to buy game time to access your gold. You can talk to them and they will usually give you a few hours of game time to make the transaction.

Hmm, I quit WoW over six years ago. I wonder if I had enough gold to buy one of these tokens...
07/16/2017 12:09 PMPosted by Meteorblade
07/16/2017 10:38 AMPosted by MissCheetah
Now, if you happen to have gold sitting around and are no longer playing WoW but want to get a token - Billing will usually help with that so you don't have to buy game time to access your gold. You can talk to them and they will usually give you a few hours of game time to make the transaction.

Hmm, I quit WoW over six years ago. I wonder if I had enough gold to buy one of these tokens...

Wowhead usually has the North America price on their front page. Today it is at 124,537g for a Token worth $15 bnet balance.