Trading and selling gear should come back

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5
AH is a no.
Trading however....I could see allowing trading of items of yellow quality or lower, leaving sets and epics as untradable. If sets were as hard as they were to obtain in d2 then id throw sets in but set items are easy peasy.
07/20/2017 07:27 AMPosted by Paladinrja
Coz people totally get serious about games to involve themselves in a survey, right?

Your original post was about a "vocal minority" and what I got out of it was a rant of something along the lines of fair representation. I didn't do the survey, so I can't really complain, but it sounds like you may have already lost your argument.
Lol Diablo 3 will fail? I don't love the direction the game went in, but it hasn't failed.

They have at least sold 40M (probably low) copies of the game, it's expansion, or the Necro added together. If you say they pulled in at least 20$ on avg for each one, that's 800M dollars.
Nah, just change the current "normal" to "pay to win" mode.
-Can buy level 70 characters of any class.
-Can buy Paragon levels at any time.
-Can buy any item with any stats directly from Activision for $X. Any primal for $Y.
-Pretty much can buy anything in game for the right price... directly from Activision. No middle man and no risk.
-Can gift by buying from Activision for an account. (only applies to "pay to win" mode.)
-Cheats/botting/etc are not monitored here. (still break ToS, just no one cares)
-All old-normal characters are here
-All characters guilty of breaking the ToS are moved here.

New difficulty - normal
-Death = loss of paragon xp -10% of current paragon level. (you cannot lose newbie levels 1-70, but can lose down to 0 paragon)
-Death also gives "on death's door" debuff for one hour and each death costs twice as much per debuff level. You can never lose more than a full paragon level per death.
-Dying in a greater rift (with no other player to revive you) closes the rift. (fail)
-All old-hardcore characters are placed here

New difficulty - (actual) Hardcore
-Death is permanent.
-No sharagon.
-All stash is separate per character except the first tab.
07/21/2017 12:35 PMPosted by Azmir
Nah, just change the current "normal" to "pay to win" mode.
-Can buy level 70 characters of any class.
-Can buy Paragon levels at any time.
-Can buy any item with any stats directly from Activision for $X. Any primal for $Y.
-Pretty much can buy anything in game for the right price... directly from Activision. No middle man and no risk.
-Can gift by buying from Activision for an account. (only applies to "pay to win" mode.)
-Cheats/botting/etc are not monitored here. (still break ToS, just no one cares)
-All old-normal characters are here
-All characters guilty of breaking the ToS are moved here.

New difficulty - normal
-Death = loss of paragon xp -10% of current paragon level. (you cannot lose newbie levels 1-70, but can lose down to 0 paragon)
-Death also gives "on death's door" debuff for one hour and each death costs twice as much per debuff level. You can never lose more than a full paragon level per death.
-Dying in a greater rift (with no other player to revive you) closes the rift. (fail)
-All old-hardcore characters are placed here

New difficulty - (actual) Hardcore
-Death is permanent.
-No sharagon.
-All stash is separate per character except the first tab.

I'm really digging where you are going with these game modes... Trading or not there needs to be some sort of penalty for dying. Your normal mode seems like a step in teh rigth direction honestly. At the very least death should be felt.
07/21/2017 11:42 AMPosted by Twiggy
AH is a no.
Trading however....I could see allowing trading of items of yellow quality or lower, leaving sets and epics as untradable. If sets were as hard as they were to obtain in d2 then id throw sets in but set items are easy peasy.

trading yellow and lower is already a thing, as well as legendaries that drop in same lobby as the person ur in.
07/20/2017 06:22 AMPosted by Paladinrja
Some very vocal people, decided they'd narc the community and attempt to thought police the whole thing because THEY didn't want to be left out, being stubborn about paying for things.
Forum and/or Player input had nothing to do with the closure of the Auction House. Let me educate a new generation of gamers.

Here are some conversations about the subject from February 2014, starting with the inception of Account Bound* items:
So what is it exactly that BoA* will achieve for Blizzard?
The sole purpose of BoA to eliminate the third-party real money sales of virtual items created by Blizzard. The IRS wants Blizzard to track and tax these real money sales and profits, and with private users in the Americas server, Blizzard would have to provide sales transaction records, collect taxes, and make payments to the IRS on the profits of individual players and Blizzard as a whole. The bookkeeping and data management nightmare, and the human resources and monetary cost of complying with this requirement is more than Blizzard cares to bear. That's the reason they are shutting down the Auction Houses, and that is why all desirable items, including gold [and now everything except Common and Magic items, and Rare items that have not been modified in any way], will be account bound on pickup. This is also the reason for including the shutdown of the gold auction house. Gold can't be traded.
One could make a persuasive argument that they're only focusing on the illegitimate.
Not only persuasive, but correct. BoA and the closure of the Auction Houses have nothing to do with third-party sites ruining anyone's game, or even the impact it has on gameplay or players at all; it wasn't done to improve the game or gameplay, nor due to pressure from Self-Found fanatics or the "Pay to Win" opponents.

It's all about minimizing Blizzard's financial exposure to the IRS, and to the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN, for the black market real money sales of virtual items).
I call BS. Source?
There are a number of regulatory publications, but you can start with the most important one:

https://www.fincen.gov/resources/statutes-regulations/guidance/application-fincens-regulations-persons-administering

The most pertinent part of this Guidance lies in the first paragraph, which in substance says that Blizzard is an MSB (Money Services Business) - an administrator, an exchanger, and a money transmitter - under FinCEN's regulations, and therefore is subject to MSB registration, reporting, and recordkeeping regulations.

The issue is far-reaching, and the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network, a bureau of the United States Department of the Treasury, is not joking about it. Notice the publication date on the Guidance; March 18, 2013. Blizzard had one year to comply with the registration, reporting, and recordkeeping regulations, or close the Auction Houses.

And to save money, on March 18, 2014, they closed them.

As I keep saying, BoA and the closure of the Auction Houses are not about gameplay or gamers, it's all about reducing financial exposure for Blizzard and its shareholders.

*BoA is an erroneous acronym that stands for, "Bind on Account," which is a mutation of the WoW term, "Bind on Pickup." Players in this game seem happy to say, "Bind on Account," to indicate Account Bound items, even though the phrase is grammatically incorrect, and only loosely descriptive.
Forum and/or Player input had nothing to do with the closure of the Auction House. Let me educate a new generation of gamers.
Never said it did. I'm replying to this point..
07/20/2017 05:37 AMPosted by Tzarkan

I believe that way back when people complained about D3 real money auction house, they didn't even think about the what it gave the community.
the rest lf the OPs post was 'I want'.. educate yourself.

07/21/2017 11:59 AMPosted by LyKaG6
07/20/2017 07:27 AMPosted by Paladinrja
Coz people totally get serious about games to involve themselves in a survey, right?

Your original post was about a "vocal minority" and what I got out of it was a rant of something along the lines of fair representation. I didn't do the survey, so I can't really complain, but it sounds like you may have already lost your argument.
Same goes for you. Instead of attempting to be 'cute', might I suggest you ditch the passive aggressive faux pas and try actually reading the thread. That's twice now btw.
Of course it should, but not in the current insanely high loot drop environment. Trading definitely can't be included in this current version of the loot system.
There is nothing to trade really. In D3 most items are in abundance. Perhaps only Primal/Ancient level items, as they're still rare and maybe reagents.

Trading makes sense when there are super rare, but super powerful items.
07/22/2017 05:45 PMPosted by silverbolt
There is nothing to trade really. In D3 most items are in abundance. Perhaps only Primal/Ancient level items, as they're still rare and maybe reagents.

Trading makes sense when there are super rare, but super powerful items.
Trading makes sense for people that don't have time and its always been about that. Otherwise, trading becomes about the top end of the game. Blizz solved the issue for the sub T13 majority, whom dedicate plenty of regular time to the game.
07/22/2017 05:34 PMPosted by Cesium
Of course it should, but not in the current insanely high loot drop environment. Trading definitely can't be included in this current version of the loot system.

Ofcourse it could, what complete nonsense on your part.

There will always be a demand for trading/selling items, no matter the drop rate in said game.
I saw the necromancer update today and decided I would make a little post on why diablo 3 will still fail despite adding a iconic character from diablo 2.

I believe that way back when people complained about D3 real money auction house, they didn't even think about the what it gave the community.

Yes it had it problems, farmers from china were rampant, but I would rather have that compared to D3 after where every player was isolated.

Trading and exchanging gear should be the bread and butter of Diablo 3. It would bring back a lot of the hardcore players and the community would grow.

If real money auction came back Blizzard should lower their fee's for selling the item. Something like 0,2% of the transaction.

It isn't fun when someone is stuck at a certain Grift point and they cant progress because they need a certain item and they spend the entire season trying to get it without luck. No progression kills every aspect of the game.

I was against real money auction house when it was announced, but now I see I was wrong back then. The Diablo 3 community crumbled.

NO thanks, RMAH,GAH,trading is for lazy players. Play the game the way it's meant to be played, by EARNING your gear.
Lets get down to it then.

Many people in here are against the idea, but they are Blizzards solid fans. If Blizzard started instituting per monthly payments, these people would still defend Blizzards/Activisions actions.

However doing trading and selling would bring back more players, that left for various reasons (including me). There is only an upside to my proposal (if you look at the bigger picture).
07/23/2017 09:00 AMPosted by ghostman
Play the game the way it's meant to be played, by EARNING your gear.

Note: Earning in this case means to cry in the D3 forum for droprate increase untill the devs increase the droprates.

Anyway, nah OP, removing BoA should happen, but AH isn't necessary.
decided I would make a little post on why diablo 3 will still fail

Fail at what, exactly? It was released over 5 years ago yet tons of people still play it, and it's literally one of the best selling video games of all-time. I think we have very different definitions of the word fail.
I love all of the platitudes of 'yes bring it back but no rmah'

You don't get one without the other. The rules of d3 are nested within the rules of the real world. If you think you can just have a perfect world where trading comes in but rmah (or subverted rmah on a third party site) won't exist is just not happening. In the real world people prioritize money and any game with trading will devolve into just a platform to make real world money. Especially in the economy now versus the economy and knowledge of the internet circa 2000.
07/20/2017 07:54 AMPosted by Theuderich
Just wanted to jump in and downvoting without reading!

you make the world a better place man <3
D2 had the right idea for trading, Path of Exile still allows trading..D3 ruined it for me personally. I didn't care about the RMAH or Normal AH, I want trading back without having to be in the same game.

The argument "pay to win", what difference is there compared to WoW with the AH/few BoE/crafted gear each raid tier or using real money for token to get gold to buy carries or gear?

D2 had much more replayability even with trading due to lower drop rates on gear. Having that moment when you get a high rune and able to trade for a piece of set gear was fun.